SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24-Hour Recovery Connections ... Part 140 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/393109-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-140-a.html)

Kaneda8888 06-18-2016 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6005586)
Hi guys :)
I'm back on deck and will be back posting daily here.
You were all missed :)

D

Woohoo, welcome back Dee ! I trust you are very very well !

LillianGish 06-18-2016 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6005312)
The service for my dad today is not going to be easy. But I am sober, and I am taking all of you with me. ♥

I'll warn you, I'm a high-maintenance traveler. If I'm going overseas, I do need a very nice hotel, with a big bathtub....and room service, lots of room service. :)

But on the upside if I'm there in spirit, I am imagining you and I sitting in the lobby of our nice hotel after the service - it would have a fire going because it's winter there, right? And they would be bringing us lots of hot chocolate and maybe....chocolate covered strawberries and cheesecake.

We would talk about the day and I would tell you that you are a very brave woman who I admire very much. Today you were especially brave. I would hug you and then order some more cheesecake.

...and then we'd talk about all the wonderful things ahead, now that this difficult day has ended. I'd try real hard to make you laugh, because even on difficult days we can find a gem or two of humor.

That's how I would imagine me being there in spirit. Sending strength and chocolate your way. :grouphug:

SoberLeigh 06-18-2016 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by strategery (Post 6005296)
Checking in tonight. Going for another 24 hours at 4:50p CST.

Congratulations to Jan1755, Stubbs16, ThisTimePlease and RedBerryJuniper on reaching new milestones today! A very special congratulations to tgirl on celebrating 3 years today!!!!
To celebrate your monumental accomplishments, tonight we have a cherry chocolate chip cake! Keep up the great work!
http://www.bakingbeauty.net/wp-conte...3-683x1024.jpg

Oh boy; what a scrumptious. I can go sleep a very happy girl. Thanks, Strat.

TinkerB 06-18-2016 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by aussieblue (Post 6004390)
Get your umbrella ready!

You too Aussie! Just got the local council text warning of flash flooding.
Stay safe!

Sending so much love your way Venus
Thinking of you on this difficult day.

24 please
Love and hugs
:grouphug:

SoberLeigh 06-18-2016 08:04 PM

D

So glad that you are back, dear Dee!!!!!!

SoberLeigh 06-18-2016 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 6005775)
I'll warn you, I'm a high-maintenance traveler. If I'm going overseas, I do need a very nice hotel, with a big bathtub....and room service, lots of room service. :)

But on the upside if I'm there in spirit, I am by imagining you and I sitting in the lobby of our nice hotel after the service - it would have a fire going because it's winter there, right? And they would be bringing us lots of hot chocolate and maybe....chocolate covered strawberries and cheesecake.

We would talk about the day and I would tell you that you are a very brave woman who I admire very much. Today you were especially brave. I would hug you and then order some more cheesecake.

...and then we'd talk about all the wonderful things ahead, now that this difficult day has ended. I'd try real hard to make you laugh, because even on difficult days we can find a gem or two of humor.

That's how I would imagine me being there in spirit. Sending strength and chocolate your way. :grouphug:

Beautiful, Lillian.

SoberLeigh 06-18-2016 08:06 PM

Sending love to you, dear venuscat!

SoberLeigh 06-18-2016 08:07 PM

Goodnight, all.

A very exhausted Leigh is going to sleep.

LillianGish 06-18-2016 08:08 PM

I'd like 24 more hours of sobriety please - I promise.

8:07 pm in San Diego, California

Love to all ~
Lillian

bandicoot2 06-18-2016 08:16 PM

(((Venus))) :grouphug:

DEE.....welcome back!! You were missed....Hugs!!

Thanks for the delicious cake Strat!! :tyou

bandicoot2 06-18-2016 08:18 PM

But on the upside if I'm there in spirit, I am imagining you and I sitting in the lobby of our nice hotel after the service - it would have a fire going because it's winter there, right? And they would be bringing us lots of hot chocolate and maybe....chocolate covered strawberries and cheesecake.

^^^^Lovely, just lovely Lillian.

wehav2day 06-18-2016 08:49 PM

24 more hours, please.

The tests on my mother in law continue, but she has cancer. Now they are figuring out how bad. She's supposed to visit us in six weeks, she's never been to our new house. Hasn't been to the us since before my father in law got sick, about 8 years ago. My partner really wanted to make memories with her here.

Please pray or send vibes if you don't mind, she's a wonderful lady.

Coldfusion 06-18-2016 09:51 PM

I'm sending healing thoughts to your mother-in-law, wehav2day. I hope she is able to make the visit.

9:51 PM on Orcas Island, ready for another 24 hours.

venuscat 06-18-2016 10:59 PM

June 19, 2016

:nyu http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...08/Words/1.gif :nyu
Jane8 ~ 1 week!
Soberjoy1 ~ 1 week!
joandmelandhan ~ 2 weeks!
Timeforchange18 ~ 3 weeks!
Vegit8 ~ 3 weeks!
Surrender2win ~ 4 weeks!
Highwind ~ 1 month!
Jack16 ~ 1 month!
Grace2 ~ 3 years & 10 months!

http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/12/72/85/30/chapea10.gif

Wigglyworm 06-18-2016 11:04 PM

7.04am in London

24 hours more for me please!

venuscat 06-18-2016 11:09 PM

(((wehav))) ♥

I'm so sorry love ~ sending love and prayers to you and J and J's mum. :hug:

venuscat 06-18-2016 11:11 PM

Love you dearest Lillian. :hug: ♥

I'm thinking that hot chocolate sounds pretty awesome right now.
You really are wonderful girl! :hug:

venuscat 06-18-2016 11:19 PM

You have all been so wonderful ~ thank you.
I guess we are all going to face tough challenges at one point or another. And to be honest, I wasn't going to say anything. I was just going to tough it out. But that's not really honest, is it?

The day is done, and I left my drunk sisters to clean up. :)

So onward, with all of you. :grouphug:

martina12 06-18-2016 11:21 PM

D

Hurrah! Welcome back Dee we have missed you :hug:

venuscat 06-18-2016 11:24 PM

^^^ I have been jumping for joy all over SR. Ha! :)