Notices

Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 06-15-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

done with day 16. today was withdrawl/craving free. I think the biggest part of my drinking was the routine. now that im out of it, I can ignore the cravings fairly easily. Now to lose the 100 pounds I put on drinking 2500-3000 calories of beer a day. week two of my diet, although I was kind of loose with it last week. Starting our exercise routine when I wake up tomm afternoon since my wife will be busy tonight before I head to work
Old 06-15-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Goodluck with the weight loss journey Patchadams. I have about 30 pounds of pure alcohol fat to shake also. It's so difficult after quitting to focus on it but I told myself after 1 month sober i'll start working out. Might start earlier.

You inspire me!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Congrats on another day! I'm starting day 3. I had cravings last night after my last post, but woke up this morning sooooo glad I didn't act on them. I think the last couple of times I've failed its been on day 3 or 4, so I'm feeling nervous today. I have plans to meet with my sponsor after work though so hopefully that will help.

At least the anxiety feels better this morning...but its when I start feeling normal again in these first few days that my AV works at me...telling me things aren't so bad....I wish I could cut that part out of me with a scalpel.

Take care today all.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning all and welcome Jane and CharlyK Congrats everyone on making it another day! Good job StartingOver...I know the mid-afternoon to dinner time is my nemesis too.

Starting Day 7 here...physically starting to feel good again. Emotions are evening out a little. Insomnia has let up. Feelings of loneliness and dread are still very present though. I am getting the keys to my new apartment today and while I am happy because it feels like a fresh start, somehow it is only reminding me of just how alone I am and in my mind that always spirals into sadness & the feeling that I am going to be alone forever. I am trying not to obsess on that though and think of the positives. It's just really hard because this time last year, I really thought I would be engaged and living with my boyfriend. Two hospitalizations and a 45-day rehab stay later and that is obviously no where in the near future and that is devastating. He is still in my life though and for that I am grateful. I just tend to obsess over where my life could be right now and it is really depressing. I also have no family here and making friends to me is like a foreign language, so no friends either. Just a lot of loneliness right now

Anyway I am trying to concentrate on the positive and my new apartment is awesome and a lot closer to work

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-15-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Haley, great job on your first 7 days.
Congrats on your new apartment as well.
Being lonely is hard - no matter the circumstances but I'm sure it's harder right now.
Do you go to AA? I've only been to two meetings in the past, but even though I'm surrounded by people I often feel very alone. I wonder if AA helps?
Old 06-15-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Haley I'm rootin for you !!

Jane I've started going to AA, about 16 days ago (sober 16 days).
The only thing I can say for sure is I could not stop drinking on my own, been trying at least 2 yrs. SR has help immensely. I'm finally being honest in every way I can make an effort because I was bottomed out and ready to give up. That's where I started AA at. I'm workin it because I don't want to feelike I felt, and don't want to be who I felt like. ( the way I felt was a lie anyway-alcohol/me, lying to real me).
Old 06-15-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 26. low mood persists. I am resigned to the fact that I will be miserable for the entire summer. I'm not going to fight it. Just gonna stay the course and let my brain heal.

GAHaley - I also am struggling with loneliness. My drinking alienated everyone in my life. friends/family /girlfriends have all been pushed away. I am completely alone. Alcohol fills that void which is why staying sober has been so difficult, yet alcohol is the reason I'm alone. I've joined AA this time, helps to combat the loneliness
Old 06-15-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 19. Feeling almost unbearably irritable, and exhausted. Brain fog is making my thinking slow, and I'm having trouble concentrating. On the plus side, my face is becoming recognizable again, my skin is looking better, and still no cravings apart from fleeting thoughts of drinking which pass quickly.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Day 2

Being at work is becoming a blessing for me. Keeping busy and being here keeps me out of trouble. I've already made a plan to get right into bed after work. The living room late at night was my drinking spot. I'm going to avoid that area of the house and break that pattern. I'm trying to literally take it one day at a time. Thinking any length of time in advance gets me overwhelmed really quick.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I need to be in this class, on Day 1.
I've been messing around, kidding myself for over twelve months now to be honest, not doing the things I need to do to feel better.
Always this forum has been here to help and inspire, and I'm so grateful.
I discovered these words in the May Class from Arpeggioh that made me smile:
"Carry on, chin up, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead, and all that rot".
Hope I can help you folks sometimes as you help me.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Joining

Joining June! Sign me up. Day two.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good idea charly
I do that often if I'm alone. Never hurts to catch up on real sleep. We've deprived our bodies of real rest for yrs probably.

Welcome caramel and miss !!! Hugs--
Old 06-15-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 16 done. I have been struggling for awhile with afternoon crashes off and on. Today I got a real bad dizzy spell, this happened when I dried out before. Luckily the dizzy spells only last a few days and then there gone. Sleep is hit or miss, sometimes I crash right out, other times I toss and turn for hours.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Finally figured out how to post using my phone lol. Let me introduce myself. For 15 years I've struggled with alcoholism and drug addiction. 29 year old female. Sick and sick and sick and tired of living this way. Willing to do whatever it takes to stay sober. Day two. Feelin shaky and withdrawals, insomnia, pacing, etc. But so happy to be day two and not day zero. Thanks for having me in the group!
Old 06-15-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
Day 16 done. I have been struggling for awhile with afternoon crashes off and on. Today I got a real bad dizzy spell, this happened when I dried out before. Luckily the dizzy spells only last a few days and then there gone. Sleep is hit or miss, sometimes I crash right out, other times I toss and turn for hours.

My sponsor told me it takes 30-35 days before the chemicals from alcohol exit a chronic drinkers system
Were half way out !!!!
Day 16 down, for me too. I'm all over the place too.
It'll level out some, soon I hope.
Hang I there !
Old 06-15-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day two - how do I join this group, just by replying (and staying sober of course)
How is everyone? It's horrible coming to terms with this.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

yep thats all Kishupishu, lean on us for reliance and accountability and do the same for us.

on day 18 now. starting my workout routine with the wife tomm afternoon before work, kind if excited and nervous at the same time haha. Excited to lose this weight and nervous because its going to be even more evident how much muscle I have lost. We plan on doing the insanity work out and diet once we have gained enough muscle to keep up with it. Ive lost around 5 pounds already but I think that was mostly water retention from drinking
Old 06-16-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all I'm up late this morn xx

On day 4 and yesterday wasn't to bad as I had work so that kept me bz.

Weird thing came in the post today lol. I have an appointment with alcohol people at our mental hospital which I haven't heard from in months so maybe that is a sign xx

Working tonight again so again will keep me bz just not looking forward to the weekend. However I will think of putting some plans together for the weekend xx

Good job everyone on ur days and welcome to a few new people xx good luck today xxx
Old 06-16-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Day 1 - here we go!

Been drinking more than I should so have decided to stop for good. Looking forward to having more energy and getting fitter too, and hoping to share this journey with you kind people.

Fingers crossed!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
nmd

Starting day 12, I keep falling asleep while reading everyone's updates and before posting at bedtime, lol. I'm still here and doing well though. Still having cravings, in my past experience it takes about 2-3 months before they fade significantly.