Notices

Class of June Support thread Part 1.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

So whats up with that Avatar picture, casw? Lol.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I feel the extra time. Fortunately, I have been more sober than not for the past several months so I'm optimistic it's temporary. Basically I want the first three days to hurry up and be over so I can feel more like myself, and less like a complete failure.

I tend to occupy myself with tasks that take up time but don't require a ton of concentration. Like coloring, jigsaw puzzles, solitaire, that kind of thing.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ducrider View Post
So whats up with that Avatar picture, casw? Lol.
Lets just say i may have been uti when i chose it. Call me immature...i think its hilarious lol
Old 06-01-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm the opposite. Our family life is a pressure cooker with no time. I'm having a babysitter watch my kids while I goto a daytime meeting the one day I'm off. Wife's at her moms for night school and help with the kids. I have tue-Thur alone after I go visit. Get off late, go in early. If I go to a meeting then, I'm a washout the next day. Can't chance it. I think that one meeting will do it though, I've got a list of numbers I can call if I'm about to crack.
I'm thankful for SR. I'd never have come around to any sanity at all without it.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

That avatar funny as crap !!
Old 06-01-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by csaw1112 View Post
Lets just say i may have been uti when i chose it. Call me immature...i think its hilarious lol
Its mesmerizing.

Maybe symbolic of where life is headed if we don't make some changes
Old 06-01-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
Anyone else finding it hard to fill the hours you were drinking? I'm realizing how boring my life was, I would drink and watch netflix. Now I'm just waiting for the clock to roll on until it's time for bed.

I start seeing a counselor next week, but for now I just don't know what to do besides watch the minutes drag by.
yes!! i think boredom is a large part of my problem
Old 06-01-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

You're correct. Unfortunately I've a 59 yr old brother on hospice. He's killed himself drinking and using hard drugs earlier in life, pills, now. Drs cancelled all appts because he's just about gone. Always been a mean terrible violent person, then bipolarized between that and a pitiful attention begging person that had all of these fake ailments. He's lived in a hell of his own accidental design. Sad.
It's forced me to look long and hard at myself in order to attempt to get better.
Gnite. I'm exhausted.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thankfully, boredom isn't an issue. There weren't enough hours in the day before because of the drink, now it's because I'm doing all the things I needed to do but instead of doing them, I drank. Did I ever let things slide!!!!! I better stay on track, I have enough to keep me busy until christmas, and them some.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hi and welcome from the May class. Congrats on making the decision to not drink today. This thread will be a great support system. I know this site and my may class helped me many days when I thought I might not make it.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

I joined the June class just under a year ago. In a few days I will have clocked up a year of sobriety.

However, I'm not concentrating on that, I am thinking about getting through today without drinking. It is 5.30am right now, and my objective is to go to bed tonight sober.

Some days are tricky, some are awful, but some days are also easy now ( it does get easier).

But none now are as tough as those first few days, so you have my absolute admiration and support.

You are doing an amazing thing right now. Do it for you and no-one else. Its about taking care of yourself.

Go well

Fradley
Old 06-01-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

done with day 3, on to day 4! Im sleeping a little better now. I this time feels different tho, Im more tired than previous attempts, work is harder but at least im getting a good nights sleep. carry on guys it gets easier after those first 2 or 3 days. only withdrawl I'm having now is the head fog. Im taking milk thistle extract supplements too and they seem to help with the withdrawls, along with helping repair the liver a little faster
Old 06-01-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Lucky you!!!!! I have a serious case of squirrel syndrome and am bouncing off the walls. I am trying to accomplish 1 thing, and must have started another 15 things!!! I've been going for 17 hours, I'm wired to the hilt, and just want my body to turn off.

I may take a benedryl as they usually make me sleepy...

Ah well, day 4 will arrive eventually irregardless of whether it's 3hrs or 6hrs of sleep...
Old 06-01-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I was like that day one haha. i went 26 hours before i could sleep, partly being wired, last 2 were because i had to pick up my niece from summer school. I was out when I got to lay down tho.

Heres to another sober day for all of us!
Old 06-01-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
Popping in from the Feb 2016 class to let you guys know that you CAN do this. I am 92 days sober today for the first time in FOUR long years. Don't fret about the past, it's TODAY that matters...truly one day at a time. And it does get easier. The first 10 or so days for me were the hardest.....but you CAN and WILL do it! Remember: You have to want to be sober more than you want to drink...that is the only reason I am sober today. Best wishes. Stay CLOSE to each other. Nothing but GREAT people on this forum!
Lee
These words could never be truer for me. I got to around 10 to 13, 14 days and then relapsed. I finally figured out the factors that were at play and adjusted my plan accordingly.

I'm all aboard. Can't wait until it gets better. By the way, you and others who have repeated this really is encouraging. It's something to look forward to - a beacon in the dark parts of life! Thanks for that, all of you.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyOrNot123 View Post
I feel the extra time. Fortunately, I have been more sober than not for the past several months so I'm optimistic it's temporary. Basically I want the first three days to hurry up and be over so I can feel more like myself, and less like a complete failure.

I tend to occupy myself with tasks that take up time but don't require a ton of concentration. Like coloring, jigsaw puzzles, solitaire, that kind of thing.
Exactly what I just got thru! First 3-4 days r hard
Old 06-02-2016, 12:46 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by csaw1112 View Post
It is. Lol def had to do a double take... Cuz I was like is he throwing chunks or dumps lol
Old 06-02-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Day 4 starting up.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! I will be D4 in 3.5 hrs.

It's 3:30am where I am, and still hoping a portion of those will be sleeping, lol. Maybe fq may be more appropriate (frowning quietly).
Old 06-02-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Captain's log
Day 3 still not sleeping, bring on the caffeine