Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 17

Old 05-27-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Applekat - I absolutely understand those urges to take the night off. There is no trying to fool myself that I can moderate; just press pause on recovery, if you will. I was actually contemplating this just now and the rational part of me said, "so, you want to become a binge drinker, then?" Because I know that's what is down the road if I allow nights off.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Kiki, I don't really have cravings any more and have not for a while - probably the last 30 days or so. What I have to be careful of, though, is just letting my brain trick me into slipping - I don't consider it a craving, but maybe in its own way it is. It's more like a slight nudge from the devil on my shoulder - temptation is really a better word. I understand the early cravings though. I had to find a lot of things to occupy my time - cleaning, exercising, organizing, walking the dog, visiting SR, etc. When I ran out of things to and was still having trouble I would just go to bed, if I could. They do get better with each day, but each day is a new challenge! Like we don't have enough of those?!! You seem to be doing well lately - I'm very happy for you!
MITA described me perfectly too. I'm coming up on two months soon and it's just always a dull thud of "come on, you can have a break." I know though if I slip just slightly....that will slide by stages back to exactly where I was when I quit, which was not a good place.n seen that movie.

I know I can't have even one drink or the flood gates open. And milestones are dangerous for me.

I seriously haven't gotten over the stark terror I felt on this week's business trip that my drinker was going to take over. I kept saying "down girl!" Haha. Seriously, I must have been offered alcohol 50 times...it was weird.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Lillian I added you as a friend so you should be able to see the album on my profile now. I'm out at the moment so only one photo uploaded but I'll add some more funny ones soon. He loves to pose

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Oh my gosh, immri! The Beast looks EXACTLY as I imagined he would. I'm dying here right now from adorableness.
Haha thanks!! He's quite a character
Old 05-27-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Immri - He DOES look like The Dude!!
Old 05-27-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

told you!!
Old 05-27-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the hope guys! Sometimes I just need a reminder that the cravings don't last forever. It's hard. Very hard. But as long as I know it's gonna get better I can make it (I hope).

:-)
Old 05-27-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

These storms better move through, because they are triggering my headaches like nobody's business. I can't take Advil (my headache go to) because it will interfere with my shoulder healing. Tylenol doesn't do anything. So a hot shower and ice pack are my options. Rain, rain, go away!!!

Casey - I saw that several parts of Texas are flooded (up to 17" of rain!!). Are you dry?
Old 05-27-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Re-Member

immri, the Beast reminds me of my mom's dad in that pose. He's trying so hard to look dignified but you can tell he's a total ham at his core.

Geocaching is a blast, Mish!What a fun way for you and your youngest to spend some time together. In keeping with my previous avatar here, there's a guy in Austin who does a cool version of geocaching with homemade artifacts relating to the Zelda videogames.

This Artist Makes And Hides Zelda Artifacts All Around Austin
Old 05-27-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Re-Member

So happy you made it through your trip, LillianGish. Yet more proof to yourself and to all of us that we really don't have to poison ourselves to get through life. Plus you were sober when you got to meet Englebert Humperdinck so you'll always remember that moment!

It is most definitely not raining or flooding anywhere near where I live, clearlyheaded. There are no bodies of water here to flood. I think today we finally got over 100F in temperature for the first time this year. Hope your headache goes away soon, along with the thunder. Glad you know a drink or two or ten is not the answer. You're in my thoughts...
Old 05-27-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Casey that is the best description of anyone ever. Love it.

My only reference of geocaching is from a real housewives episode (shh my mum is obsessed). Can't believe I just admitted that.

Clearlyheaded I hope your headache gets better!
Old 05-27-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Don't blame your mom for your knowledge of Real Housewives, immri. You're among friends--if you've got a bad reality tv problem, you can admit it to us. That's the first step.

Remember you don't have to watch that first episode of Real Housewives today no matter what! One day at a time, you've got this. If you've got any episodes of the show hidden under your bed or in the back of your closet, go flush them down the toilet immediately!
Old 05-27-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

My girls and I used to go geocaching. At least 3 years ago. Maybe 4. We had a lot of fun. Which Real Housewives, Immri?
Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Oh my god, he's adorable! You need to stick sunglasses on him!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Very hard. But as long as I know it's gonna get better I can make it (I hope).

:-)
You certainly can! And will!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Plus you were sober when you got to meet Englebert Humperdinck so you'll always remember that moment!...
This just made my day.

Thanks for the laugh - this place is great!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Now how ever much I deny it I just make it worse. Although, I have seen a few entire seasons with her, so maybe I do have a problem.
The New York one, I think, Bobbie. She watches a few of them, I've mostly seen that one.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Speaking of, anyone have any show recommendations? I just finished The Night Manager and 11 22 63, not sure what to watch now
Old 05-27-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

This is our brat, Jax.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm gonna upload one with sunglasses just for you Bobbie

OH so cute!!!! What a gorgeous face. Oh man I love dogs so much.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I used to love real housewives- don't tell anyone. I wanted to make a series, "The Real, Real Housewives". Then they came out with Honey Boo Boo and beat me to it.