Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 17

Old 05-31-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

immri, two Australians made the headlines here yesterday. They were following the GPS instructions, but drove on the left side of the road and got stuck in a tunnel...
Old 05-31-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if I did this right but I tried to post the link to an amazing thread I have been reading! I got a lot out of it & wanted to share!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-pattern.html
Old 05-31-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I want some bananas Lillian! Mmmm! :-)
Old 05-31-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

One more thing...in case you didn't see it in the Newcomers section....Dee is taking an indefinite break from SR. I will miss his kindness and wisdom.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ing-break.html
Old 05-31-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I want some bananas Lillian! Mmmm! :-)

I looked up the actual ad from Dolce and Gabbana. That man is hot.

Thank you for the meditations. Post them every morning is my vote.

That is so sad about Dee. He will definitely be missed.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 05-31-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Checking in. Back to day 1. I have not been doing well. I keep falling for the same thoughts, that I can moderate. I am not happy with my life. By all accounts things are good for me...good husband, good job, live in a nice place, no problems w money. Overall my health is good. And yet I feel like I am spending my life in a cycle of binge drinking and recovering from a hangover. I hate it. And yet when it comes down to me not drinking I get weak and fall back into bad habits. I'm not giving up.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I'm not sure if I did this right but I tried to post the link to an amazing thread I have been reading! I got a lot out of it & wanted to share!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-pattern.html
Great thread. Totally relate. Will read more later. Thanks for the link, Kiki.

Fabela, I am looking up that story later. Made me laugh. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 80. If months were 16 days long, I'd be 5 months sober today. How's that for some alcoholic logic, eh?

Work this morning. And evening. I probably won't work straight thru today though but will take a long break this afternoon. No other plans.

I was quite disappointed to learn that only bananas grown on an ice cream banana tree, LillianGish. A tree that grows ice cream would be amazing.

Have a wonderful day, KiKi. I'm happy to read any meditations you post.

Goodnight, immri! I like your plan of moderation in your work/study life.

Have a wonderful day, Bobbieka. How did the grandbabies get along yesterday?

So glad to see you again, rah555. For drinkers like us, moderation is simply not possible. If it ever was, we've passed that point long ago. In one of my other classes here at SR, we used to talk about "finding your z," as in "I've tried x and I've tried y, what is z going to be for me?" I hope you find your z this time.

Slow morning here. Hope everyone else checks in soon.

Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Good morning gang. Today is my 4 week anniversary! So far this year I've only made it two weeks in January, February, March and April before I went on a two week bender. I did make it 6 months last year and I've been 1 year in the past.

I'm a little worried though. All this weekend I've been getting flashes of feeling sorry for myself when I think of no alcohol forever. They're just brief flashes and I dismiss them quickly. My concern is that they keep coming back!

I'm also concerned that these flashes might be leading up to a Tsunami AV attack.

Hopefully I have enough tools to fight off anything though!

I won't drink today! I won't go to bed drunk tonight! I won't wake up with a a hangover tomorrow!
Old 05-31-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
immri, two Australians made the headlines here yesterday. They were following the GPS instructions, but drove on the left side of the road and got stuck in a tunnel...
I couldnt' find that, but I found this. Your country is breathtaking.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Re-Member

One day at a time, beerbgone. You've got this. Don't worry about forever, just focus on right now.

4 weeks is amazing! Congrats! So happy to be sharing this journey with you.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Good morning gang. Today is my 4 week anniversary! So far this year I've only made it two weeks in January, February, March and April before I went on a two week bender. I did make it 6 months last year and I've been 1 year in the past. I'm a little worried though. All this weekend I've been getting flashes of feeling sorry for myself when I think of no alcohol forever. They're just brief flashes and I dismiss them quickly. My concern is that they keep coming back! I'm also concerned that these flashes might be leading up to a Tsunami AV attack. Hopefully I have enough tools to fight off anything though! I won't drink today! I won't go to bed drunk tonight! I won't wake up with a a hangover tomorrow!
Congrats! I won't drink today either! I have the day 1 blues. I need to find my way and stay on the path. I do well for a bit then think I can moderate but I can't. I have to keep reminding myself that if nothing changes nothing changes. I need to make some serious changes. You and others who are winning the battle inspire me! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-31-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Good morning, Casey. I didn't see either grandbaby yesterday. One wasn't feeling well and the other one didn't get back from the lake in time. Had a pleasant evening with both daughters and their friends. My food still rocked.

Have a good day. Did you get to watch GOT yet?
Old 05-31-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Good morning gang. Today is my 4 week anniversary! So far this year I've only made it two weeks in January, February, March and April before I went on a two week bender. I did make it 6 months last year and I've been 1 year in the past.

I'm a little worried though. All this weekend I've been getting flashes of feeling sorry for myself when I think of no alcohol forever. They're just brief flashes and I dismiss them quickly. My concern is that they keep coming back!

I'm also concerned that these flashes might be leading up to a Tsunami AV attack.

Hopefully I have enough tools to fight off anything though!

I won't drink today! I won't go to bed drunk tonight! I won't wake up with a a hangover tomorrow!

4 weeks is amazing!! So proud of you.
  # 355 (permalink)  

Afternoon guys. Late one last night…

I spoke with my sponsor yesterday on the phone, perhaps I was a little aloof. We were talking about other stuff and he brings up the old 'you have to remember now that you cannot drink, all is lost if you drink'. And I actually hadn't even thought about drink all day or recently. It dawned on me that he probably meant in a forward motion capacity - there are going to be many more triggers, trials and tribulations because there always were.

I'm becoming more complacent about my ACo stuff tbh. I mean, someone replied to a comment I made 4 months ago on YT and I can hardly believe it hasn't been longer than that. That was bad times, and yet it was only a tangent off of my real actual ACo issues. I've not been getting much help with them irl. I have begun therapy yes, and it is certainly about that but I don't have a support group or anything. I'm an ACo lone wolf. Cheers society!

But yeah, as I become less homicidally angry and more compassionate around this 'stuff' I also have to remember how important 'no contact', my psychic shield and the f'n reality is. Anyone relate?
  # 356 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Did you get to watch GOT yet?
Yeah, I watched it Sunday night right after we last talked. I don't even remember what happened off the top of my head so it must not have been too exciting an episode.

Maybe it's good the babies didn't make it to the barbecue. The smell of barbecue might have overpowered that new baby smell once and for all.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Checking in. Back to day 1. I have not been doing well. I keep falling for the same thoughts, that I can moderate. I am not happy with my life. By all accounts things are good for me...good husband, good job, live in a nice place, no problems w money. Overall my health is good. And yet I feel like I am spending my life in a cycle of binge drinking and recovering from a hangover. I hate it. And yet when it comes down to me not drinking I get weak and fall back into bad habits. I'm not giving up.
Glad to hear you are not giving up. We can do this! One day at a time!
Old 05-31-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post
Afternoon guys. Late one last night…

I'm becoming more complacent about my ACo stuff tbh. I mean, someone replied to a comment I made 4 months ago on YT and I can hardly believe it hasn't been longer than that. That was bad times, and yet it was only a tangent off of my real actual ACo issues. I've not been getting much help with them irl. I have begun therapy yes, and it is certainly about that but I don't have a support group or anything. I'm an Aco lone wolf. Cheers society!

But yeah, as I become less homicidally angry and more compassionate around that 'stuff' I also have to remember how important 'no contact', my psychic shield and the f'n reality is. Anyone relate?

I am not sure what ACo is. I definitely get the lone wolf thing.
Good afternoon!
Old 05-31-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Watch it again Casey. It is a really good episode. The Cersei / Jamie thing is pretty boring - but the other story lines all seemed to jump. Could be because none of them are from the book and I didn't see any of it coming.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I think ACo stands for adult child of, as in adult child of an alcoholic.

I did a little plot refresh just now, Bobbieka. It certainly wasn't a bad episode, just kind of a tablesetter for future ones.

Time for work now. Talk to everyone later! Hope everyone has a safe and sober day.