We must be both upside down Casey

D
Old 05-21-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And full of bologna!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Just read that toilets drain the way they are set up to drain- the hemisphere doesn't matter. Storms, tornadoes and hurricanes, however, they rotate based on the hemisphere. Or something like that.

Obviously, Science wasn't my subject. English. I majored in Communications in college.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Well, I just imagined everyone in our class going to flush their toilets to see which way it drains. This one is on you, Immri.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Um, I'm the one who broached the subject of Australian toilets first. Give credit where credit is due! Or blame. Wait, if it's blame, then I agree it's all immri's fault.

But yeah, I know every single one of you is going to look at your toilet the next time you flush it and think of SR and the Class of March. Hey! The toilet is now another tool in our recovery tool belt!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hahah such brilliant recovery talk
Was distracted for a bit, my meatballs were burning, but all is under control and now I'm going to test my toilet
Old 05-21-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by immri View Post
now I'm going to test my toilet
With burnt meatballs?
Old 05-21-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
With burnt meatballs?
Should've seen that coming
Old 05-21-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Anti clockwise! I think..
Old 05-21-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Also re good subject I can't do math or understand science to save my life, but I was just like you Casey with reading etc. I loved English, art, history. Hated the rest. I'm definitely a humanities person, not a STEM person.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Clockwise in my toilet, which by the way is at a low water level because we here in California have been going through an extreme drought for years. My water bill is like $500 per month as it is. Low flo toilets are highly encouraged here.

Hope the meatballs are ok!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Clockwise in my toilet, which by the way is at a low water level because we here in California have been going through an extreme drought for years. My water bill is like $500 per month as it is. Low flo toilets are the norm here. Hope the meatballs are ok!!!

Ahh Lillian maybe that's what it is we have, and why we're supposedly different from the rest of America? Australia is constant drought, funnily It's raining at the moment though. Meatballs survived, just a few went to the dog.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Re-Member

The Beast probably turned up the oven on purpose for a few minutes when you weren't looking, knowing full well he'd get the burnt results!

There is no water at all where I live. The main water source to my city is 162 miles away. So I understand drought conditions well. Though it's also raining here right now. And thundering!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Wouldn't put it past him. If his stumpy little legs would reach, that is.

Hi Mish!! Sorry I missed your post, too preoccupied with toilets and meatballs. Good to see you posting
Old 05-21-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

How hot does it get there Casey?
Old 05-21-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How hot does it get there Casey?
It got up to 92F today. I think that's like 33C.

From June through September (and sometimes later) it'll be at least that hot basically every single day for most of the day and well into the evening. It gets over 100F (38C) here a whole lot. A couple of summers ago, it reached that high for like 29 out of 31 days in August. But it is a very dry heat because of the no water thing, so even though it's so hot I find it to be much more comfortable than other parts of Texas where it's hot AND humid. Even though she's not a Texan, poor Bobbieka is someone that has to deal with that heat and humidity both. St. Louis can be brutal in the summers.

Wouldn't put it past him. If his stumpy little legs would reach, that is.
Meatballs can be one heckuva motivator. He may need to enroll at meatballrecovery.com.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Yep. Hot and humid. One of our umpires passed out in a softball game once. It's hot and sweaty here.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I know some of you don't venture over to the Newcomers board much--heck, just keeping up with this single class thread can be hard at times because of chatterboxes like Bobbieka and immri but not me.

Anyways, Dee posted there yesterday that he was celebrating his 3,333rd day sober. That's cool enough but what was really cool was someone found his first post ever on SR. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...everybody.html

A good reminder for all of us of the rewards of fully embracing recovery and how big a part these forums can play in that recovery.

And his "I LIVE TO TYPE" at the end sorta reminded me of my warning to all of you in my first post in this class that I like to talk a lot. The 2007 version of Dee definitely gave everyone here warning from the start! Haha!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Ugh I agree with you about humidity, I live in a dry part of the country but up north it's humid. Whenever I visit my friend in QLD even I feel like I need 50 showers.
Did you guys get time off school for weather things? We obviously don't have snow (at least not where I am, there are snowy mountains) but we got the day off if it was 40C or over. Not sure if they still do that I think more schools have air conditioning now, but it was standard when I was in school. Loved that.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

And his "I LIVE TO TYPE" sorta reminded me of my warning to all of you in my first post in this class that I like to talk a lot.
LOL over the years I learned to be less verbose, but post in more threads. Lateral thinking

D