Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 16

Old 05-21-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I am trying sobriety now for the fourth time. I know I will need all of your support, and I want to give you all mine as well, if you'll have me.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Immri my kids are 6 and 4 (and the 10 month old)! Interesting conversation! I have a tendency to be a little more lenient than those around me. I've stopped them at number 4 with Harry Potter I think it gets too dark after that, and there are some that are shocked we have gone that far. I also have done a couple movies I recall being just awesome growing up - 80s/90s - like ET or Home Alone - and then hubby and I end up doing "oops" faces to each other while watching bc of some of the questionable language haha. Then we just talk about it, if the kids even notice. And I'm a Star Wars nerd so I just love that they want to watch those!

Speaking of Star Wars if anyone wants to laugh tonight, Google 'mom laughs at chewbacca mask" or something like that - omg you can't help but laugh at that woman finding the joy in that simple thing!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I saw that Applekat. It was awesome.
My daughters are 8 and 10 years younger than my sons. They saw way more than they should've and I think they're okay. I remember Will and Grace was on and my oldest daughter (who was 5 or 6) asked me what gay was. I felt like it was a great opportunity for a discussion. Others might not have agreed.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome, Whiteturtle.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome whiteturtle

D
Old 05-21-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I enjoy being able to talk to them about anything that comes up.

Now the kindergarten bus....that's been eye opening this year.

Hi whiteturtle!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Casey, I think you're kind of picking on me today.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Applekat that really is interesting, I'm 99% sure in my area at least most people would have no problem with kids that age watching Harry Potter, ET, home alone etc. many of my friends have kids and I often take them to movies (movies are my favourite thing so I'm known as the movie aunt to lots of them, it's our thing) and I admit some of the things I take them too (with permission obviously) would outrage these American students.

That's interesting Bobbie why didn't others agree? I don't remember will and grace being too bad, and I would think that would be a natural question around that age.

Oh sorry I missed your post as I was ranting again!! Hi whiteturtle!!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Has anyone heard from Fabela?
Old 05-21-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

No, I hope she checks in.

D
Old 05-21-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

No. I messaged her. She hasn't responded. I hope she knows how much we care about her.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi gang. Pretty busy day today - ended up going to the all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant for dinner. Now I am fat and happy!!

1Step, welcome back!! It's awesome to see you here again.

RAH555, nice job making the right choice. That is how to build sober muscles!

I agree that it is fantastic that so many of the starting line-up are still an active part of the class. Today is a perfect example - I'd list everyone by name, but I've got a little sushi brain fog happening.

Have a great night everyone, and welcome whiteturtle.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just in case you're all wondering- Blues are winning. Also, my daughter and I ate at Texas Roadhouse. Feeling pretty stuffed myself.

Hey, MITA.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Bobbie I'm such an idiot I literally just realised why people wouldn't agree with the will and grace, kids asking questions thing. Whoops. You can tell I live in a very liberal environment when that doesn't even cross my mind, sorry for my stupidity that question seems damn silly now.

I hope fab checks in too. If you do see this Fabela we're all thinking of you

MITA yum! I love sushi, glad you had a good night.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Bobbieka. I played a little golf today - wearing my new WashU ball cap. I was out that way a little while ago and took the obligatory trip down to the Gateway Arch. There was an interesting guy dressed in white kind of standing guard down there. Do you know what that is about?

Go Blues!!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well, we are extremely open-minded/liberal in this house. A little more than my Pentecostal parents can handle. No reason to feel like an idiot, Immri. This side of the world is just a little slower than your side.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Were you there on a Sunday, MITA?
Old 05-21-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yes - we were there on a Sunday.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Tonight when I was trying to make the decision whether to go out; whether to drink the phrase "nothing changes unless something changes". I think someone posted this or something very similar. Anyways it really made me think..I can't expect different results if I keep doing the same things. If I want things to change then something (me, my choices, my actions) must change. It helped me tonight.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Meeting was boring. I don't know how else to put it. Oh well, still glad I got out of my own head for a little bit. I did have a fun conversation with this salty old fart before the meeting. It was wide-ranging in topics from Piggly Wiggly grocery scores to Tesla automobiles to dirty jokes about Miss Piggie and Kermit the Frog. Oh, and I learned John Denver's real name.

Hey whiteturtle! I remember you from the June 15 class. I was in the May 15 class but often hung out with that June class as well. Glad you're back here. Congratulations on choosing a better life in recovery. I see you've also joined the May 2016 class. Wishing you the best tonight! Stick close--we're stronger together.

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Casey, I think you're kind of picking on me today.
Yeah, like I said earlier, I'm a bit hyper. Or I was. My apologies. I'll switch to immri for a bit. It's no fun when you don't fight back anyways.