Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 16

Old 05-25-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just got back from a meeting. Left the house pretty early and went and sat in a park for an hour and a half or so and read while I drank too much coffee. That was relaxing but by the time the meeting was getting ready to start, I honestly kept trying to talk myself into just going home. But I know that when I most don't want a meeting is probably when I need it the most, so I made myself stay.

So glad I did as it was a top notch meeting. Topic was the 12th step--for those of you who don't know anything about AA, that's the one about helping the alcoholic who still suffers. I heard a bunch of things that I needed to hear, things that apply to my relationship with this class in many ways. Specifically I was reminded of the fact that I cannot control others or their decision to drink.

Finally picked up a 2 month chip, only 12 days late. They'd been out of them the last couple of meetings I went to. Well, technically someone just needed to go to the storage closet and replenish the supply, but I was too shy to want to go up and wait for them to go get one. Lot of other folks picked up chips tonight ranging from 1 day to 8 months.

Anyways, it was a good meeting. Glad I got out of my own head for a few hours. Lots and lots of people there, don't think there were more than 4 or 5 empty chairs in the room, so probably around 70 folks in all.

It's too quiet in here tonight. My phone internet connection wasn't working earlier or I would have checked in before. How's everyone doing?
Old 05-25-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

My interview went okay today. I'm on the fence about whether the company is a good fit for me. It felt very millennial, as in very young. The office atmosphere is different that what I am used to. It is an open work space, meaning there are a few rows of desks with computers; no cubicles, and seemingly no personal space. I've been on interviews where I can visualize myself working somewhere, and I could not visualize myself at this place. And it took an hour and 45 minutes to get home. There were accident, construction and weather delays, but I was reminded why I dreaded that commute when I had to do it before. So, the bottom line is I'm not sure if I would accept if I was made an offer. I have a lot of thinking to do.

I'm spent after today, so I'm going to watch some mindless TV and go to bed.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Well that was a marathon but I got though it.
44 pages of missed posts! And this is what I missed...
AV Tsunami's
Dee's Tale of Two Wolves
Middle fingering alcohol
Spacegoats trousers
Rabbit chasing dogs
Bobbie suggesting Clearlyheaded smell test out of date yoghurt
Beautiful poetry by Kayak
A grammar lesson
Pictures of doggies
Casey's pony shoe fetish
March baby sniffers
A massive sandwich
A debate on which way the water flows down the toilet
Immri's burning meatballs
MITA calling me Mush
Bobbie hitting 1000 posts!
Little Sophia Rose turning 1. Happy birthday xxx
Bologna...bologna...bologna..SPAM!
So it's safe to say my Avatar describes this Class perfectly.
Biopsy came back clear late yesterday. Day 32. I love you guys.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I can certainly understand how all those issues and that commute in particular could be a dealbreaker, clearlyheaded. Anyways, it's good you put yourself out there whatever the result may be. I have no doubt you'll find the right job for you when the time is right if this one doesn't end up being the one. Enjoy the rest of your evening and sweet dreams!
Old 05-25-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mish! So happy to hear that about the biopsy. And that's amazing that you read thru all 44 of those pages. Those were all great moments for this class but, of course, I know there was also some great recovery talk in there as well. I love the fact that this class can be serious when necessary but are still not a glum lot overall.

Speaking of pony shoes, where is Spacegoat?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Mish, good to see you back here!! The autocorrect on my phone wants me to use Mush!! I actually got a little bit of a chuckle when I saw my error. I hope you don't mind that. Haha. Anyway, fixed it up in the next post. 32 days is very nice indeed.

Clearlyheaded, I understand your feelings on the potential job. I'm at a place now that I've never felt totally in tune with. The people I work with are all very nice, but there is a general vibe that's always made me feel a little out of place. Plus my commute is an hour each way - worse in the rain or snow. All you can do is make the best decision at the time. Still, I hope you get the offer.

Casey, sounds like a great meeting. We are happy to be your 12th step project!!

It's past my bedtime - hope everyone has a good night!!
Old 05-25-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Mish that cracked me up haha great post
And glad your biopsy came back clear!!
Old 05-25-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Mish, good to see you back here!! The autocorrect on my phone wants me to use Mush!! I actually got a little bit of a chuckle when I saw my error. I hope you don't mind that. Haha. Anyway, fixed it up in the next post. 32 days is very nice indeed.

Clearlyheaded, I understand your feelings on the potential job. I'm at a place now that I've never felt totally in tune with. The people I work with are all very nice, but there is a general vibe that's always made me feel a little out of place. Plus my commute is an hour each way - worse in the rain or snow. All you can do is make the best decision at the time. Still, I hope you get the offer.

Casey, sounds like a great meeting. We are happy to be your 12th step project!!

It's past my bedtime - hope everyone has a good night!!
Ok it's settled. Everyone now has to refer to me as Mush
Old 05-25-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Ok it's settled. Everyone now has to refer to me as Mush
Nope. I just added "Mish" to my spellcheck a couple of weeks ago. I think I've got all your names on there at this point, though my phone still always suggests Applesauce first when I start typing Applekat.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Nope. I just added "Mish" to my spellcheck a couple of weeks ago. I think I've got all your names on there at this point, though my phone still always suggests Applesauce first when I start typing Applekat.
Hahahaha. I love autocorrect fails. They're the funniest thing in the world.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Finishing up the "Godzilla vs. Megalon" episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and going to bed. Thanks to each and every one of you for keeping me sober one more day. Talk to everyone in the morning!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Sweet Dreams Casey xxx
Old 05-25-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hi guys. It's the end of a long, busy day. I'm fine and just now in bed. Phwew.

Be well.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:31 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I heart Mush. So glad you are well! Awesome post.
Attached Images
File Type: png
keep-calm-and-love-mush-82.png (39.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 05-26-2016, 12:04 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
I heart Mush. So glad you are well! Awesome post.
Awwww Love you Lil xxx
Old 05-26-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Morning,

Just checking in. I tried to post last night but my phone just kept kicking me out
I had a lousy night sleep, sleeping only for about three hours, so it's going to be a long day.

Happy Thursday!
Old 05-26-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hey Sam. Sorry you did not sleep well. It will be a long day but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did not drink. I find when I'm fatigued I'm extra succeptible to my AV. Hope your day is better than you expect!!

Mish. Mush, Mosh and Mash all survive the autocorrect feature. Take your pick!!

Today is my 90 day mark. It feels like forever and it feels like nothing. I'm very happy, though. When I started, I had no idea how I was even going to make it to day 2. I still have good days and bad days, but I continue to learn. Most importantly, I still have my March Misfits to help me!! You guys are awesome and I'm so glad to have found you!! This group gives me a boost every single day!
Old 05-26-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90, MITA! I know you had mentioned it's just another day but it's also a super big deal friend! You're an inspiration! I understand what you mean in that it feels like forever but also like nothing. But hopefully you've discovered a plethora of benefits in living sober. And I think that's a big difference to be noted - between just not drinking, and living a sober life. We have a life without alcohol and a better one at that, even with tough days in between.

We are proud of you!!
Old 05-26-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Still here and still sober! Have er had time to catch up on the thread. Been working some long days and dealing with drama with the ex. Staying at my parents' house for the time being.

All is going well though. Hope you are doing ok. Keep coming back, whether you are on day 1 or day 90. We are all in the same boat, meaning that all we have to do is stay sober TODAY. Don't worry about tomorrow.

Xoxox
Old 05-26-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I think that's a big difference to be noted - between just not drinking, and living a sober life. We have a life without alcohol and a better one at that, even with tough days in between.
This is it right here. I try not to "miss" drinking, I try to embrace my new, better life. Each day is an adventure, to be sure!