Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 54

Old 05-21-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for all the congrats. I really appreciate it.
I just want to move on this time and keep up the strength that I have had this last month. I could not have done it with out you guys. Hugs.
Babs
Old 05-21-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats Babs!
Old 05-21-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congrats Babs!!
Old 05-21-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

OT - Congratulations on getting into college! I was a psychology and sociology major. I always liked my sociology classes more, but found psychology really interesting to study. I hope you enjoy it!

Also congrats on your new job. Starting a new job can take a lot of energy. I find that when I start to understand what I'm doing, I enjoy it more.

In my younger years, that's about the time I'd get restless. I'd start getting frustrated at being at the entry level, or start finding problems with the way things were run. I'm really grateful for recovery for providing this clarity. In fact, I've found it so helpful that I'm currently working the 12 steps on the topic of work!! I am persevering through the "boredom" of knowing what I'm doing, staying focused when I have to do things I don't enjoy or find fulfilling, and waiting for a great opportunity to be available to advance.

Babs - Great job on 1 month! Keep up the good work!

I'm absolutely beat from my busy vacation, immediate immersion back into the kids sports schedules, and staying up past my bedtime for girls' night out. It's looking like a Netflix night after the horse race! Keep up the good work Undies!
Old 05-21-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

thanks again for all the encouragement.
Boy! we really are in this together----I luv it
Babs
Old 05-22-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

gleefan - That's good to hear, I'm feeling very tired and I've got another 5 days to go. I'm hoping it's because it's all new to me and it'll take up less energy the more I go on.
Netflix night sounds like a great idea, take care of yourself.

Hope work went okay WWS.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hey all fellow undies

glad to see some stories of college, new jobs good livers and the like.

its been a hard few days since my fathers funeral and I delivered his eulogy

people said I did a good job so I'm glad it did him justice

I'm still in early sobriety, dealing with paws and the like so ive had really strong urges to drink

and ive felt really raw and vulnerable

I am jusy trying to let time take time, and as my therapist says reintroduce some self care stuff into my life, some structure and routine, and to reach out and trust people.

one day at a time

van
Old 05-22-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you back Vandermast - use SR as much as you need to, man.

D
Old 05-22-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

(((Van)))! You've been through a lot. Keep up the good work on your sobriety.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Vandermast- I'm taking things one day at a time too!

OT-Things went well at work yesterday. Thanks for asking! I have today off. Yay!!!!
Old 05-22-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well done Van. I also went through a death in the family when I was a month sober. It was tough. One day at a time....
Old 05-22-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad you were able to make it through the anguish of the funeral Van. I'm sure he is proud of you.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

OT - I started my job the same time with a group of 9 coworkers. They were all younger than me, no kids, no outside responsibilities, in their mid-twenties - and they were just as tired as I was from assimilating all the new information!! I kept pushing forward, and figured that I had the advantage of not being hungover.

Van - You've been through so much. Self care helps me stave off stress, as does reaching out for support. I realized that I needed to focus on myself - not on taking care of others - in order to stay sober. I went way outside my comfort zone by talking about myself, my struggles, my challenges, and my successes. It helped keep me sober, though. Please share as much as you need to stay sober.

I still push myself too hard sometimes! I'm really thankful today for another day off from work before going back tomorrow. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder a year into my sobriety, and I've had a low grade fever, aches, and a cough the last couple of days that's forcing me to rest.

Today I'll be preparing food to start a 2nd Whole 30 with a few of my coworkers. I'm glad I didn't task myself with finding compliant food on vacation. It was difficult to eat minimally healthfully, let alone on a diet that restricts sugar, grains, dairy, and certain fry oils!

As better as I feel while eating well, and as better as my body runs, believe it or not, NOT FORCING myself to follow a restrictive diet on vacation IS self care for me.

Toots, Saskia, Amp, WWS, Fantail, Babs, Dee and all the Undies -- have a great day!
Old 05-22-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Van I went through the passing of my parents and I didn't do as well as you.
I made it through the funerals but, boy did I drink afterwards. ish==especially once I got to be alone. I admire you for being so strong. Hugs to you.
I'm calling the Dr. tomorrow after I go in for blood work. Either tomorrow or the next day. I'm still not feeling right and I might as well find out once and for all what the heck is going on. At least it's not my liver !! Whew---
Have a wonderful day everyone !
Hugs
Babs
Old 05-22-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Quick vent: tough day today. Not even a week of my latest try, and it's been hard today. Chain smoking, gorging on sugar to try and quell the feelings which are so raw. I'm good, but needed to share that. Thanks people
Old 05-22-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jack16 View Post
Quick vent: tough day today. Not even a week of my latest try, and it's been hard today. Chain smoking, gorging on sugar to try and quell the feelings which are so raw. I'm good, but needed to share that. Thanks people
There are days and days, Jack. Hold strong and it will pass
Old 05-22-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
There are days and days, Jack. Hold strong and it will pass
Thanks Amp. I know it. Just needed a voice out there.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight all wishing everyone a goodnight good afternoon or good day
Old 05-22-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Jack - It's nice to know others are listening, can relate, and sending you their strength. In sobriety I've come to fundamentally understand the saying "this too shall pass." It applies to cravings for booze - and pretty much everything else - and it helps me when I'm struggling.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I figured out the source of my tiredness, I'm coming down with a cold. Brilliant timing!

Well done for being strong and doing that Vander.

Hope you enjoyed your day off WWS!

Don't stress about healthy eating while you're on vacation Glee, it's okay to treat yourself from time to time.

Let us know how you get on with the doctor Babs.

Jack - It gets better, hang in there.

Goodnight SW.
And goodnight to the rest of the club! I'm going to try and sleep off this cold so I'm not feeling too rough at work tomorrow.