# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2015 Part 7

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D
Old 05-16-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee and Juno, for the support!! I really appreciate it. It means a lot to me that you all are always here for me : )
I just got back from a great run. I think I was channeling some frustration because I ran hard. It seems the more I need it mentally, the better I run.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Periscoping isn't for everyone as there arena lot of nasty and hurtful people online.

Today, though I scoped (live streamed ) me driving my daughter to school in heavy rain. Totally mundane, routine and boring. But over 200 people watched, at least part of, my video,live. Some more watched it after. The videos self erase after 24 hours unless you delete them yourself before that.

Of the people who watched maybe around 20 commented and we had a discussion. They can see and hear but I can only see and read their comments. I speak they write. I communicated with people from all over the world. They got to see real Japan and ask me questions. There weren't any negative comments or trolls. Japan doesn't seem to interest the trolls, luckily.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Periscoping sounds interesting. Will check it out on the weekend.
So another day completed at work. The day was average, very busy didnt even have time to think about drinking, thats the best part. Went to see my partners mother at the hospital yesterday as it was her birthday. When we had a moment to ourselves she said how much better I looked. She saw me at the end of a 5 day bender..she said it was the old me back.. She will be discharged by the end of this week and will stay at least a week at our place before going back home.
Grizz- so much on!!! Well your house will smell amd look nice with new carpet. Hang in there will look just dandy..i still admire you mothers with having these kids around you, Inreally do, and you Midton too..
On my way home and put dinner on. Tired today. I will check in tomorrow morning.. Night
Old 05-17-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Midton, periscoping does sound interesting. What do you enjoy about it the most? The filming, the production or the comments you get from people watching? I don't think it would be a good hobby for me. I'm not able to handle negative comments or mean folks very well (as evidenced by my reaction to Facebook yesterday). That's okay - I will stick to my regular hobbies and interests here!

I'm grateful for this new thread. Kind of gives me the feeling of leaving everything that happened in the past in the past - and the only day/time that matters is today and right now.

I'm on Day 10 - back to double digits where I should be. Let's not mess this up now. I need to make some progress and see where more extended sobriety can take me. It's another dreary rainy cool day here. This has been quite a month of rain and dreary weather here in the mid-Atlantic. I'm okay with it because I'm still sort of healing and it reflects my mood. Everyone else is probably sick of it and ready to go with some good outdoorsy stuff as soon as the sun comes out again. I'm okay taking my time.

I made a list of things to do today and will try to stick with it. Perhaps my strategy for getting through the week without getting too frazzled is to stick to each day on its own, not looking too far ahead and just thinking about what I need to do today.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey all,cool and dark here,looks like rain too Juno,oh well,thanks for the kickoff Dee,just a quick hello to all this morning, running a bit late will check in later
Old 05-17-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning. It is 2 weeks today since my lips touched alcohol and my brain was affected by it. I feel good, today I only feel OK.
Yesterday when I got home my mothers death certificate was in the mail. I had asked my sister to send it to me due to some property inheritance stuff that I need to get sorted out in Turkey in September.
My parents have a holiday apartment on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey that my sister does not want anything to do with. She does not like anything to do with Turkey where as I do. So we decided that I would also get the Turkey apartment as inheritance.The current political issues affecting Turkey with the refugee crisis etc does not really make me want me to rush over there either. I do hope that all this will get sorted out soon!!! Anyway I have 2 weeks leave end of September and will fly there to sort things out with lawyers and to change the ownership of the property into my name. I will spend a couple of nights in Istanbul on my way back. Love that city.
The last couple of nights I have had bad nightmares. No wonder. It was all surreal seeing my mothers status as "dead" on the certificate. Continuing reading her diary makes my dreams odd as well.
We have had unusually warm temperatures here. Apparently the warmest in history. We are talking an average of +24-25c during the day. The shops are not selling winter clothes and swimwear shops are running out of stock. Global warming for sure.
OK, another day. need to do the routine and get ready. Have a good day guys !
Old 05-17-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Juno,

I'm kind of isolated here so it's nice to interact with people live on periscope. That's my most favourite thing. There are also some interesting people and topics.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey all,gloomy here still,nap weather😊 but can't cuz I'm watching my 3 year old g-son,he's busy with his tablet so I figured I'd check in,ate too much for dinner bleh! Feeling sorta disconnected and I've got to watch that cuz I've felt that feeling in the past before a relapse,posting is critical but some days I just don't think I have much to add or say then I feel that disconnect so I'm posting even though there's not much going on with me, hope everyone has had a great day😊
Old 05-17-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you posted, Winslow! I have felt that feeling of blah lately as well and that I could easily slip into relapse mode if not careful. I'm glad I regrouped with my psychiatrist yesterday and got back my motivation. I have some iPhone apps that are keeping me motivated as well - whatever works! I plan to get back to meetings next week. It's too late already tonight and I had both of my boys here I don't like leaving them both together at home for long periods of time. they are almost 13 and 15, but still....I took a nap this evening as well! I was exhausted.

Sydneyman, congrats on 2 weeks!! Woohoo!! You sound good!!

Midton, that sounds really interesting. I can see how it would be engrossing and addicting even. I would imagine that the large majority of people out there are friendly and respectful, so that would be fun to have that interaction. Good for you!!

Grizzly, hope you're holding up well with all you've got going on!!

I took today off from work, but it was still exhausting. I did a lot of errands and productive things, and I had a doctor's appointment, which was a bit draining for me emotionally. I have to get a colonoscopy since I'm over age 50 (and overdue) so this was a "consultation" meeting with the doctor. I have a date set up in June for it and while not looking forward to it, I'll get myself psyched up and make the best of it.

I won't be able to post tomorrow morning before work - I have to run to work quickly - so much to do - so I posted here tonight. There's a big lunch event tomorrow and I'm invited. Everyone who works on this one particular client team was invited. I thought it wasn't a big deal if I said no, because I'm part time and haven't contributed nearly as much to this effort as some of my co-workers, but the lead consultant seemed really bummed out that I couldn't go. When my plans changed so that I could go, I let him know and he was really happy. Sometimes I think I don't deserve the rewards that others do because they are full time and work harder, but the bottom line is that they wanted me there and I should just accept the nice free lunch and enjoy my co-workers. There is no worry about drinking - people won't be drinking (even if one or two has a glass of beer or wine, the bulk will not) and I have never been a lunchtime at work drinker. I have a lot more difficulty going to happy hour events (that time frame is my danger zone) so I have learned to skip most of those events.

Hope everyone had a good Tuesday!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey all,no rain yesterday despite being dark and windy,hate that cuz it makes work slow when its cloudy,I need to start watching what I eat better I've decided, although its hard! I try to eat healthyish but I also love junk too,hard to find that balance, I've also been slacking on exercise cuz of this dumb cold,think it cleared up now though,knock on wood, hello Juno,Grizz,Sydney, Midton and Dee,hope we all have an easy day😊
Old 05-18-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good Morning. not much from me today. Had a better sleep last night..
Have a good day guys and stay sober. I will check in later.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi guys ... just saying hi and checking in. Day 11.

I'm a bit disappointed in myself tonight because I was too tired and skipped my planned yoga class. When am I going to get myself back on a good exercise schedule? This fatigue is too much at times. I came home from work, had a bowl of cereal, took my dog for a walk, fed my two boys dinner, and then climbed into bed for a nap. WTF??? To make up for it, I will try to do some light stretching exercises now just to feel a little better.

I went to the lunch event today with my co-workers. It was fun. I always have fun with them. There were 9 people there altogether. The lead consultant make a joke and said, "We should all have a shot of bourbon." (This was because about 1/2 the people had colds - please keep your fingers crossed that I don't catch this nastiness.) So shots and hard liquor was never my thing and never even appeal to me (you guys know it's the wine that gets me) so I was just like, "Haha, none for me." At first he was kidding but then people started really wanting this, so he ended up ordering a shot of expensive bourbon for anyone who wanted one. 5 out of the 9 people there wanted one. Me, this other woman and two of the guys declined. Of course they arrived and people drank them and it never even affected me because it was like looking at a cup of medicine or something to me. The lunch itself was good and I'm glad I joined everyone. Now I have a lot of work to do the next couple of days - but it's all good.

Okay off to do some light excerise/stretches.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Juno, I'm the same with wine.

I don't like beer and I hate spirits. Watching someone on tv or in real life drinking a whisky does nothing for me. Watching them drink red wine and I get cravings, even after months of sobriety I'm still pulled.

I've not much to say. Ive no idea what day I'm on but I've been doing well, though over eating chocolate. Most of my online time is spend communicating with people on periscope these days. The hours can fly by on there.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi! Not a whole lot for me today either. I had a pretty easy day of seeing houses then I had a good run while my kiddo was at swim practice. I have been running really well this week, it's a good feeling. I need to add more things to my exercise routine though, so I did a few things with 10 pound weights after I ran, and I already know I'm going to be sore. I'm a wuss when it comes to weights. I'd rather run and be done and move on, but I'd like to tone up my arms so I gotta do some weights : (
I got my carpet yesterday, and I LOVE it!!! It goes really well with the paint I picked out in the bedrooms, and it's definitely the nicest carpet I've ever had. Oh I love it!!
I am tired. I need to do a few things around the house then I would really like to just sit on the couch and watch basketball. And I'm thinking yeah, it's ok, you can do that.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Juno, bourbon sounds yucky to me too. It's kind of triggering the gag reflex just thinking about it. I had it one time, and ugh it was strong and it was bad! Glad you made it through your lunch sober and had a nice time : )
Old 05-19-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi guys - a quick check in. I've got to run off to work.

Grizzly, your new house is sounding great. I love new carpet!! I am planning to replace the old carpet on my lower level soon. I want to put a laminate floor and new carpet on the stairs. I like carpet on the stairs because it's safest - people can die falling down stairs and I want to make it as safe as possible in case someone in my house falls!

I know about the bourbon. How gross! I still can't believe 5 people wanted to do a shot of bourbon in the middle of the day at work on Wednesday. I know it was a celebration lunch, but that would never appeal to me!

I'm on Day 12 and very motivated to get to 30. That is when I earn another "chip" on my iPhone. Silly stuff, but if it helps it helps. I feel like I haven't really been tempted at all or even thought about drinking since my last binge. It's almost as if that was the last straw, the last straw of stupidness and I can't go back there again - not even in my mind!

Have a great Thursday, all. My boys and I will see the Angry Birds movie tonight.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey all,Grizz,sounds like you love your carpet😊 I don't have a stitch of carpet in the whole house,its all tile and wood,I like it cuz its easy to clean,hubs hates it and wears his shoes 24/7 says he misses carpet haha,Juno,I know how you feel missing your yoga class, if I don't exercise I feel"off" enjoy Angry birds😊 hi Sydney and Midton,hope we all have an easy day,back later
Old 05-19-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello!! See Grizz carpet will make that house like icing on the cake. I bet it smells nice. I am the same as Winslow except I have carpet in the bedrooms only. Otherwise wooden floors, the Scandinavian in me..Grizz I am so jealous of your exercise routine. Good for you..Well the day is tomorrow for me to start my walks again. Its going to be sunny so no excuses except laziness...I need to push myself.
Juno- I would have been one of those 5 people drinking shots during the day if it was offered (not bourbon though). However, I never drank during lunch hours when I was drinking and my choice was always white wine. Actually on the occasional Monday if I had really bad withdrawals I would go to a pub and have a beer or 2 just to "settle those nerves". Thank god I don't have to do that anymore. I don't miss it at all.
So the whole gang is on double digits!!!!!!!!!! Except Grizz who is on several months... Midton we are on the same day, 16 days sober..
I have adjusted to my sober life, today is Friday and no drinking urges at all. I made an appointment with my doc again but couldn't get in for a month as he is on leave. I don't want to see anybody else as I like him and he knows my history etc.. I want to get my bloods done again and have a general check up at the same time. I am due for a colonoscopy this year again. I had 5 polyps removed in 2014 and I have to go back every 2 years due to that. I am due in November so that can wait until then.
Every morning this week I have woken up with a "hangover" like state of mind. Not sure why. It passes quick. Maybe its a normal way of feeling and I have just forgotten it.. Tomorrow apart from starting my walks I really need to sleep in. My partner advised me that his mother will stay in the rehab hospital for another week and then come and stay with us..Her op went well and the stiches were removed yesterday.
Ok, that's all for me, need to get my morning going. Meetinga friend for coffee this morning before work so need to leave even earlier this morning. Have a good sober day.
Check in later.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone is having a good day/night

D