Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 7

Old 05-23-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's perfectly normal to be contradictory

I hope you'll come to love being sober as much as I do so that that glass of wine will one day offer you nothing at all

D
Old 05-23-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. I really am committed and know this is a better way of life (like way better, like a million times better!!). Just feeling a little wobbly lately. Each day I get through sober is a little victory for me and a little defeat for the AV. I realize that. Some days I say to myself, "Live to fight another day" - not sure where I heard that expression but it works for me, and to me it means "Just get through today (sober) and tomorrow may be easier." Day 17 tomorrow so that is giving me a little hope!
Old 05-23-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Juno, that must have been hard for you walking by those wine bars with strong cravings.

In many ways I'm fortunate here. Although this country has a very free alcohol policy, where I am people don't really pop into bars on the way home. It just not done. I also finish work late and live a 5 second commute away so I don't have any distractions on the way home. I really am lucky because work is where my cravings are the most intense.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Yeah, Midton. It is tough. There are restaurants with bars all over the place here. It's hard not to stumble up one in your regular course of the day. When I go to pick up my son at his bus stop, there are a good 3-4 restaurants with outdoor seating, and in the nicer weather, I see people drinking wine at outside tables. There's also a dedicated wine shop with outdoor tables. The weather has been so crappy the last few weeks that I haven't had to deal with it too much. But that's about to change starting this week. We are finally going to get in the 80's and sunny. I'm happy about this, but I have to realize that there will also be some new challenges with nicer weather. One day at a time - and I went to the grocery store tonight so I'll have some better food for lunch and dinner!
Old 05-24-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Winslow, how are you doing this morning? Feeling any better today? I hope so!

I'm determined not to entertain any thoughts of wine today. The good news is that my younger son is off to New York City. My daughter is in New Hampshire still. So it's just me and one son for a couple of days which means I will be able to get to yoga The sun is out today - let's have a great day, all!
Old 05-24-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thank you all for my congratulations!! I appreciate it : )
Winslow, congratulations on 30 days!!! Way to go!!!
Juno, you stayed strong!!! Some days, or consecutive days, are harder than others, but they do pass! I'm glad you went to the store - having good food around definitely helps. I hope your son has a great trip!
Sorry so short this morning, I am really not awake yet, and I've got to get ready for work. I hope everyone has a great sober day today! Keep up the good work, gang : )
Old 05-24-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey all,quickie for me too,I don't wanna hear about temptation I live in VEGAS!! Gotta be the king of drinkin US cities,moods better was just a rough patch,I'm an idiot cuz I know these stages from my many previous quits,just gotta keep my head up and power through! Hope everyone has a great day,back later😊
Old 05-24-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Quick from me 2.
Yesterday evening we had our yearly owners corporation meeting for the block I live in.
It always tunes heated as the investors not living in the building don't want to spend a cent and its a battle to get anything done. Anyway we got our way in the end. Last night I really wanted a drink when I got home. I didn't get home until 20.30 in the evening so had dinner and went to bed straight after.
I thought why do I do this to myself, what is there to gain? Just wanted a drink.
Didn't sleep well and in a bad mood today. Its 3 weeks for me today sober and I feel like so what.
Have a good day/evening.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Winslow, it's bad of me but when you wrote you live in Las Vegas I kind of smirked. 24 hour a day, every day temptation and surrounded by people on holiday. As a side point you don't know Tandoori street or road or something in Vegas.

That's two nights in a row I've had really fitful sleeps and I believe I know the reason why. It is my new obsession. I am dreaming that I'm on periscope and I'm trying to keep up with all the conversations.

I've just took my son to the station and driving there I felt elated. Even though I had a bad sleep and the weather is cloudy and forecast to rain I'm in a really good place. I can't remember my last craving.

Have a good one everyone.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Had my bullet coffee and on the bus on my way to work. Feel much better now and glad I didnt drink yesterday
Old 05-24-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Great job, sydneyman!! I'm glad too that you didn't drink : )
Midton, happy to hear you're happy and feeling great!!
Sydneyman, it sounds like you're over it now, but I can totally relate to the "what's the point" feeling. I'm having that today myself. I found out yesterday the cost of a colonoscopy without insurance, and it is just insane. No can do. So I checked into marketplace insurance last night, and so far that's been a dead end. I called today to see if I qualify for government subsidized insurance through the state, and I literally make a few dollars too much to qualify. I am overwhelmed, and I am frustrated. Today I was thinking oh, just screw it. It will either get better or it won't, but I just don't know what to do. I want to cry. So my pep talk to myself today has been come on griz, you gotta buck up and deal with this. I can't expect anyone else to help me if I'm not even willing to help myself. I'm fairly down right now, but I gotta get over feeling sorry for myself and do everything that I can do to get this taken care of. The rest will work itself out.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey all,Grizz,doesn't your hubs' military insurance cover you? Sydney,glad today was better😊 Midton,I'm guessing Tandoori st is the bad part of where you live? Meh,I never shoulda moved to this darn place,I thought if I was a good parent and stuff everything would be ok,turns out I got caught up in the lifestyle and neglected to remember to be a good parent,I feel like everyone in my family is wild right now,being irresponsible, hubs included,I don't want to get into it but they're all irritating me ATM,just ranting
Old 05-24-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Griz, that's terrible news about the insurance. Don't know what to say. Maybe check into good and bad foods with your condition and keep searching for a way to get your procedure. Thank god your dealing with this sober and from a clearer perspective. Sending you positive thoughts and wishes.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Syd, that feeling the morning after you wanted to drink but didn't is great, isn't it.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you, midton! That is really sweet : )
Winslow, we're divorced. We reconciled, and he comes and visits on the weekends, but we have not remarried. It has come up that we should get married so I would have everything covered, but I just can't bring myself to get married for that reason.
I'm sorry your family is driving you crazy right now! Hopefully it's not too bad!?
Old 05-24-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Grizz I wish I could help!!!! If I win tonights powerball I look after you.. Look at all your options as after all your health comes first.. Sending positives vibes across the pond to you...
My drinking thoughts came and went. Midton- it is a good feeling to wake up another sober day under your belt..
Winslow- living in Vegas the enternatinment capital of the world and battling alcohol must be a hard thing. Temptations all around you 24/7.. Shows you are strong.. Juno good you doing well on 3 weeks soon. You are also around booze everywhere!! I am not really.. And I preferred to drink at home anyway..
Today is a better day but again the thought of NEVER seems so daunting and scary and so final..
Old 05-25-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey all,sorry Grizz,I didn't mean to be so nosy,I didn't realize that you had divorced, my bad,Sydney, we can only do one day at a time anyways try not to think about forever, freakin weighed myself this morning and I've gained 3 lbs! I'm pissed cuz I'm going in the wrong direction, that was probably one of the plusses of drinking,I stayed slim cuz I never ate,of course the face and hair looked like a swamp creature haha! Just gotta get my snacking under control and do more intense cardio,bleh,sounds boring,hello Juno and Midton hope we all have a wonderful AF Wednesday😊
Old 05-25-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

BTW, I colored my hair last night and it was supposed to be"medium brown" hah! Its black! I feel like a member of KISS!!!!
Old 05-25-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Lol! Thank you, sydneyman!!
Don't think about it as forever. Forever does seem daunting. It's just for today. Just for today, don't drink.
I gotta run. I hit the snooze on my alarm too many times this morning : ( I hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 05-25-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Syndeyman, I didn't make it to 3 weeks. Not this time. Back to day 1. I guess my logic went something like: "This is too hard. 4 days in a row of cravings. And the weather is going to get nice. I'll never make it through summer without drinking. So I might as well start tonight. And I'll pick a nice date in the fall and make it my sobriety date." (that was my thinking last night, the first warm night of the season). I'm back to the drawing board with the plans today so I'll come back here when I can contribute something more useful. Glad to see everyone doing so well. I'll get there.

p.s. I'm not waiting for the fall for a new sobriety date. I'll take today, May 25th. The panic attacks were horrendous and I can't go through this again.