Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 7

Old 06-24-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hey again, just wanted to say sorry about the added car repair expenses that you weren't expecting, Grizzly. That can really throw us for a loop, can't it. I hope your luck will improve Cars are a huge expense, but we really need them to get around - at least I do. I can't be without a car for a day with my life!

As for weed, it's just not my thing. The last time I tried it, which was several years ago, I hated the experience and it was horrible. I wanted nothing more than for it to end, and thankfully, it did. Weed falls into the category of "never ever again" for me. I wish I could have similar clarity on alcohol, maybe that will come in time. For now, I trudge on one day at a time!
Old 06-24-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hey guys,Juno,not my thing either,Grizz,sucks about the expenses but better than having to buy a new car,I've got to get this hypoglycemia under control or I'm gonna weigh 422 lbs! I hate that sugar crash feeling, I've been reading about eating plans but they're contradictory, one says low carb, other says complex carb,grrrr,just want to be able to go 2 hours without eating, next werk I have blood drawn and I dunno how I'm gonna skip breakfast, it gets so bad I shake,driving up there should be interesting haha,anyhoo,hope we all have a great day😊
Old 06-24-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I don't drive never have and never will. I guess this stems from living my early years in various European cities where a car in not necessary. Now living in Sydney close to the city I don't need one either. If its something urgent its a taxi for me. My partner is the driver and I tell him how to drive all the time. Drives him insane. Usually I am right though
But its a different thing to you Americans, where a car is a must to get anywhere.
I agree this group is going through a rough patch ATM.. Maybe its the planets aligning?
My sister hasn't contacted me as she usually does. She has the **** with me as I asked that the summer house that is left to me in the will, is to be revalued. It came back far less so now she has to pay me the difference in cash. She keeps the city apartment and I keep the Turkey place and the summer house. I think it is pathetic behaviour. I will just let her be, we were never that close anyway. I just want peace in my life so I find this just unnecessary stress and worry.
On the drinking part I have had a couple of glasses of wines over the week. Have not woken up with a hangover and been feeling OK. I am on my Bali trip in a week for 2 weeks so I am planning how to tackle this.

I have lost more weight and almost down where I want to be. I know this contributes to me feeling more positive. My modelling days in Italy has left me a vain middle aged man. I used to be depressed as the weight kept creeping on decided to do something. Alcohol was a great friend to make me feel better and at the same time making me fatter..Now as the weight is off I don't need a chemical to make me feel better.
Hope all makes sense. Ok bleaching my hair so have to go and wash it off.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Juno- good luck with colonoscopy!! I am due this year as well..
Old 06-24-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I'm here just checking in.

I took my daughter on a college tour this morning. It was really interesting and fun. I was the one taking a lot of notes and asking questions, but I was happy to see her interested, smiling and even asking one question herself. She is a lot more introverted than I am so it's harder for her to put herself out there. The tour guide was very cute - she looked at us and said we looked alike. A lot of people say that.

After the tour, we were STARVING, so we had to quickly find a restaurant. My daughter suggested the Cheesecake Factory, so we went there. When we walked in I saw a woman with a glass of white wine and it triggered a longing in me to drink wine in the middle of the day after the tour. Wasn't going to happen, though, I was with my daughter and driving. We said down and had a delicious lunch and I drank two large diet cokes. I was pretty thirsty after the tour in humid weather. The college itself was really nice and a good possibility for my daughter. She seemed to like it, too.

After driving home I was EXHAUSTED - really and truly, and I had to lie down and rest. I'm feeling a little better now but still recovering from the big meal and piece of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake I had for dessert. I think I need some glasses of ice water now to recover.

Anyhow.... glad to hear you're doing okay Sydneyman and glad you checked in. You as well Winslow and hopefully we'll hear from Grizzly later, maybe even Midton - who knows. Trying to keep up my motivation for sobriety and I'm definitely good for now.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thanks Sydneyman I'll be sure to give you guys all the details as they happen... kidding!! But I'll keep you posted (colonoscopy).
Old 06-24-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree this group is going through a rough patch ATM.. Maybe its the planets aligning?
I think it's more recovery fatigue...it gets harder to maintain the effort after a while - some power through and it becomes a temporary thing, but if you do slip it can become even harder to gain some traction.

If anyone's having that trouble I really recommend n going back to the basics - look at what your recovery plan is - do you have enough support, do you use it...have you made changes in your life to reflect your desire to be sober...that kind of thing?

D
Old 06-24-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

that fits me to a T ..D...
Old 06-24-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Juno,cheesecake factory is my fave😊 Dee,I changed my thinking from having to do this to wanting to do this,of course there's cravings and the heck with it thinking sometimes but just gotta roll with them
Old 06-24-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Sydneyman, I'm so glad you checked in! Parts of your post were making me laugh : ) I so know what you mean about drinking to numb out thoughts about weight gain but feeling fatter for doing it. I see pictures now and think, wow, how did I not realize I had gained so much weight?! Obviously I knew I had gained weight, but I didn't realize at the time how bad it was. That's a good incentive to not drink!
Juno, it sounds like you had a really nice day with your daughter! That's awesome!! I was at lunch today too with people drinking all around me. I thought how are they going to feel like doing anything for the rest of the day??
Winslow, I know Exactly what you mean about the hypoglycemia. They joke with me at work about how I'm always eating and I eat more than any skinny person they have ever seen. I have started carrying 100% juice boxes with me and have those around snack time to stay level throughout the day. I feel like a kid with my very scheduled meal and snack times and juiceboxes, but it's what I gotta do. I swear by my peanut butter sandwich now. That's been keeping me full the longest- I get about four hours out of that.
Dee, you are spot on. I'm glad your back, Dee : )
Old 06-24-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Just a quick hi - the lunch was delicious, but I am not kidding you - neither my daughter nor I could eat anything else for the rest of the day. Cheesecake Factory food is sooooooo filling! And I ordered from the "Skinnylicious" menu, too! Of course the piece of cheesecake may have been the thing that put me over the edge.

Glad everyone's doing pretty well - I keep thinking it's Saturday since I didn't go to work today. But good, it's only Friday. I did end up clothes shopping with my daughter, too, so it was a busy, full day. I pretty much spent the entire day with her - we also watched two episodes of Breaking Bad after shopping.

Time to rest now - I like how I'm more than 1/2 way to my initial goal of 30. Day 17 is tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey all,my son is home safe and sound😊 I'm really glad I was able to handle my emotions, I was worried,Grizz,maybe I'll try peanut butter sandwiches, right now oatmeal and jerky work to stabilize me at work,but if I have sugar it drives me to the moon,Juno,17 days is great😊 hello Sydney,Dee and Midton(miss you) hope we all have a great day😊
Old 06-25-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks, Winslow! Glad your son is home safe and sound. You must be relieved and happy! And great job staying sober while he was away!

I had a rough night. My son with autism had another meltdown in the middle of the night and I was up dealing with him. He got mad at me for telling him to be quiet (he was swearing and screaming loudly at 2:00 am) then took a hammer and smashed a picture on the wall that was of me and him at a fun event a couple of years ago. Then he scratched out my face in the picture and threw it out the window. I'm so tired of his antics and behavior - we've tried medicine and nothing seems to help. I'm exhausted and tired of dealing with him. I will try to get a little rest before getting more stuff done today. I wish I could exercise but it won't really be possible until next week if (hopefully) things calm down. Anyway, that is what is going on here. Not great overall, but somehow I'm keeping sober.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds exhausting Juno.

D
Old 06-25-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support, Dee, as always.

I had another rough day but don't really want to go into the details because it makes me upset to talk about it all. Still sober, though, and no plans to drink. So at least that is going well.

I will check in tomorrow - hope everyone is having a good weekend. The lightning bugs are out here
Old 06-26-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey all,Juno,that sounds rough,does he have tantrums often or just once in awhile? I dunno how I'd cope but I'm sure if I had to I would, has he always been like that? Hot and dry here,on Friday we were getting some of the smoke from California's wildfires,seems to have calmed a bit,on Fri,hubs and I ate completely clean,very little sugar,nothing processed and I tell you yesterday I felt amazing! No blood sugar crashes,no moodiness,no cravings for anything, I can't believe only 1 day could make such a difference, usually my day off food is taco bell for lunch and something else fast food for dinner,I never realized the food/body connection until I started reading more and tried it myself, so I guess we'll hafta eat boring....most of the time at least haha,hope we all have an easy day😊
Old 06-26-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Juno, congrats to you for staying sober through all that you are dealing with! You are doing great!! I'm so sorry to hear that. It sounds very difficult to deal with, but you're doing it.
Winslow, I'm so glad your son is home safe and sound! I saw my son last night in Phoenix. We had 11 hours between when he got in from Nashville and left for DC. He is in DC now, and I just got back from Phoenix. I'm going to take a nap now!
Old 06-26-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Winslow, good for you with the clean eating. I could use a little of that myself!

Grizzly, yay you son is coming to DC!!! The weather is great today so I trust he is having a great day here. Keep us posted!! Enjoy your nap!

Winslow, yes my son has always had volitile emotions related to his autism, including anger unfortunately. It's been extra tough lately because he's now 14 and going through all sorts of new emotions and learning bad stuff (and words) from the internet. Thanks so much, YouTube! He is changing schools for high school and I bet it has been causing him some anxiety, so I hope that as soon as he's settled in the new school some of this anxiety will lessen and I hope the outbursts will ease. I really truly hope so.

I'm in the middle of my "liquid diet" for the colonoscopy. Oh what fun! The real fun will begin when I have to drink the dreaded solution that cleans you out. I'm not really looking forward to this, I can tell you that. Oh well, must be done.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes with the colonoscopy Juno.

Hi Winslow and Grizz

D
Old 06-26-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Juno.. I know that vile drink before the procedure.. Good luck tomorrow, your time...