Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 05-20-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wtbaf16 View Post
Well, I actually stayed off the booze last night and I didn't have to go into work today. Typically I get even more blasted than usual the night before a day off but didn't even consider it. Still no sleep though... Maybe soon it will return! Next week, low carbs......still need to get through this weekend though!
My first weekend with no alcohol I got loads of tonic water and drank it with ice it's bitter so I sipped it and it help.kill the craving. Try it it worked for me
Old 05-20-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Hey! Don't ignore me and my stupid questions! What IS a freezer burn?
Hi Fabela! Missed you! Been reading your thread you're an inspiration honey x
Old 05-20-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
My first weekend with no alcohol I got loads of tonic water and drank it with ice it's bitter so I sipped it and it help.kill the craving. Try it it worked for me
Tonic feels like a grown up soft drink for sure. Did you see your son in his play today Ben? Great without the hip flask honey. I'm glossing skirting boards and doors this weekend. A new kitchen to get sorted keeps me on the straight and narrow. Take care from your UK bud 😊
Old 05-20-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Good Luck on the interview PPE!
Not sure what happened but I didn't get my phone interview today. Never heard from the recruiter and she didn't respond to my emails. Very disappointed
Old 05-20-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

UGH-- when will it end..... Went to the grocery store just now and the only check out open is the one literally next to the liquor department-- closest to me is the Fleischman's Vodka display.
God is testing me..... I seriously found myself teetering and my AV saying " just a small bottle wont hurt, one drink on the patio, etc. ... it's Friday night!!!!
Thankfully, I was interrupted by the sounds of the cashier, and my groceries being checked out.
Got to my car and I was shaking, so I felt that a Parliament was in order and calmed my !@@ down.
I think after two days in a row of being tested, I am not leaving my house tomorrow. ( safe and sound here)
Happy Friday everyone!
Old 05-20-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Sometimes, especially early on, as most of us are--home is the safest place to be! I buy my cheap filtered cigars (yes, another smoker who's willing to admit it, Cam; maybe it's a midwestern thing...) at the same store where I bought most of my vodka. I stare straight ahead at the counter, refusing to even acknowledge the long row of poison bottles in the aisle directly behind me. I do not see them; they do not see me; I'm hiding from them; they cannot jump off the shelf into my hand; I'm running this ship, not The Beast! Dammit!
Old 05-20-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Day 13-feels like there's a little bit of meat on that number...
Old 05-20-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Tonic feels like a grown up soft drink for sure. Did you see your son in his play today Ben? Great without the hip flask honey. I'm glossing skirting boards and doors this weekend. A new kitchen to get sorted keeps me on the straight and narrow. Take care from your UK bud 😊
yes it was very funny my son played the lazy farmer and had the whole hall laughing with his EXTRA LOUD projected voice. I have it all on video. He is the youngest in his school but to look at him on stage with the other kids you wouldn't guess. He takes after me I'm 6'3" very proud of him.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SickOfIt79 View Post
Day 13-feels like there's a little bit of meat on that number...
Awesome job! 2 weeks tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-20-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
UGH-- when will it end..... Went to the grocery store just now and the only check out open is the one literally next to the liquor department-- closest to me is the Fleischman's Vodka display.
God is testing me..... I seriously found myself teetering and my AV saying " just a small bottle wont hurt, one drink on the patio, etc. ... it's Friday night!!!!
I don't think God is testing you - just life
I'm glad you got out ok Cam

You may be a 'foreigner' but you're not stupid Fabela

Sorry about the interview purplepeopleeater.

Welcome to the group Bluejay

I think a plan is vital. There's some great ideas here?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 05-20-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Well... its 1:20 am here and just had a phone call from my brother. Very upset. That I'm not going to his wedding tomorrow it's made me feel terrible. now I'm gonna have to drive up to leeds tomorrow to show my face. My parents will be there we haven't spoken in nearly 5 years. Very uncomfortable situation to put myself in. Not good! not good at all!! The good news I will be driving and will have to drive 2 hours back that night so alcohol is not an option I can't even get persuaded to stay as I have to have the kids on Sunday morning. I hate being around people I don't know and hate family functions. doing this sober will be the ultimate test.
Wish me luck guys I'm gonna need it. I don't want to go but my brother says it will mean a lot to him and to ring my early morning on his wedding day it must be on his mind. now I'm not gonna be able to sleep.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

It's a good job we haven't got any alcohol in the house right now I know I'm not gonna sleep. It's times like this where I'd drink myself to sleep just to stop these thought from buzzing round my head. Might go and have a glass of milk see how that works out. Feel very stressed at the minute. I really don't want to see my parents tomorrow. We don't get on at all.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I went to my third meeting tonight. It felt good! Next to my work is a craft beer restaurant. People were outside having a drink on this spring eve.... Not me. I know my happy hour would later turn into many unhappy hours eventually. I don't know them, I only know I cannot take that sip. I'm #1. So here's to day 5. Whom ever doesn't respect me or my decisions to save my life will eventually see I needed to do what was necessary FOR ME. If they don't see it, it doesn't matter. Only matters I do. I am going to actually learn about and know myself!

Let's stay sober tonight, and wake up feeling triumphant in the morning! Gnite! ❤️
Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Long, trying day here for me. Field day at the school I work at, followed by a teacher of the year awards ceremony. Intentions are good there, and it's a nice event, but between the drinks they served during the ceremony and not being teacher of year (... Blacking out at school event doesn't qualify you) I felt completely worthless. I'm having so many feelings of self worthlessness that are not bc I can't drink (a lot of why I did drink) so it's extra difficult to work through them sober. But, I made it home, I'm sober, I walked my dogs, and I'm reminding myself of all that I do have, and how fortunate I am. My brain is tired. Hope everyone's ready for a nice sober weekend!
Old 05-20-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
It's a good job we haven't got any alcohol in the house right now I know I'm not gonna sleep. It's times like this where I'd drink myself to sleep just to stop these thought from buzzing round my head. Might go and have a glass of milk see how that works out. Feel very stressed at the minute. I really don't want to see my parents tomorrow. We don't get on at all.
Hang in there man...hopefully you are asleep by now and getting some rest for your drive tomorrow. Tomorrow is Day 21...just think by the end of the day tomorrow you will have 3 weeks sober. Try to deal with everything else as best as you can.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you were kind of forced into it Ben but I have faith in your ability to stay sober

D
Old 05-20-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

What Dee said, Ben. Show your face, but don't get sucked into anything. You got this.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hello, coming over from the march group. Had a good run of 45 days and had a slip up. Today would be day one for me again, first attempt was 14 days than 45 now I back to square on. Hoping to get as much support I can in my time of weakness. Got to stop beating myself up about my slip up and move on. It's time for a new plan and look into the real reasons I continue to want to drink.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Keets

D
Old 05-20-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I got some freezer burnt beef out a few different times. It smelled absolutely horrible after thawing. I don't do it. That's just me though.
I started last night low carb/induction type eating.
I don't know if it's a sugar issue- I'm full feeling , but I've never had killer physical drinking urges ( heavy mental/escape ones though).
Right now I have an almost uncontrollable urge to just gargle some vodka. God awful headache too ! Holy shizzel ! God let this pass.

I think I did something stupid when I did this 15 yrs ago, drank low carb beers maybe or clear rum or something. I don't remember. I was way more active then.
Headache and body ache/ flu like symptoms are common for the first 2 or 3 days of low carb. It's your body entering ketosis..which now is when it's using your fat for energy rather than carbs. u will feel greaT and have more energy about 1 week.