Hey Leshar

Thanks Casey
Old 06-10-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hugs lesh and Venus. Hope you start feeling better soon! X
Old 06-10-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Oh ~ how I love you guys.

I dealt with the problem head on last night: I had to. I was feeling so sick, and upset.

It is my sisters....of course. And it's a long story. The short version is my younger sister is now being sued for her car accident at New Year's, where she was found at fault ant had a positive marijuana reading.

I know how to do this.....every step of the way. But no one was asking me; they were both just being hysterical. So I left them to it, knowing that I was not popular. And waited. And when my sister called me yesterday (finally), it took a while for her to react to my calm and listen to what I was actually saying. But when she did, she was very glad.

And it is the tools I have learned in sobriety that enabled me to do this. All of it. I was upset, and stressed, but I actually acted rather than reacted. And I did not let myself get sucked into the drama. I hope....we shall see.

wolfie love ~ so many hugs. Hope the bad day is replaced by lots of good ones.

I am re-starting my healthy eating plan today Leshar. I got off track in the last 10 days...let's do it together. Loads of water and fresh fruit and veg. (Fruit for you, I can't eat it ).

So, so much love to this wonderful group. ♥
Old 06-10-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad to hear how you handled that stress, venuscat. Keep on keeping on! Proud to have you in my recovery. That goes for all of you.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Love you Casey....this class is just so very special.

And our recovery is so obviously paramount to all of us. That means so very much to me.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Forgot to say ~

to Mr and Mrs wolfie.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90days, Casey. That was a huge milestone for me the first time. What came with it was a little niggle that maybe I could have a drink. What a trick. Wishing you all the best and admiring you on focusing on the fact you have a job. Listen, those things are huge.

Getting a laser focus on the right things, instead of the wrong things helped me so much in sobriety. Reading your story too, Venus is a good reminder of that. Getting involved in the bs, getting emotional about drama....sets my addiction receptors off, I'm sure. Just the over-stimulation of it all.

Leshar, I've been pigging out like there's no tomorrow. Yep, all related to alcoholism, I'm sure - for me anyway. I went to buy ice cream yesterday, and was sure the cashier knew I'd already bought a tub the day before....sounds familiar. I know this also affects my moods - sugar. Got to stop.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Oh no...I'm so focused on the 13th Casey, 3 months, that I completely missed what you said earlier. I'm sorry, and ~

on 90days!!! ♥♥♥
Old 06-11-2016, 01:02 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hello darling Crois. I love your perspective. Somehow you always manage to make me see things more clearly.
Hope you have a nice evening love.

(You too Snooz). ♥

And thinking of you dearest Bob.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:26 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello darling Crois. I love your perspective. Somehow you always manage to make me see things more clearly.
Hope you have a nice evening love.

(You too Snooz). ♥

And thinking of you dearest Bob.
Thanks Venus. You're very sweet. At least we all appreciate how wonderful we are for staying sober through the times our families drive us MENTAL, lol. I think that's why journalling helps me personally so much, cos I can look back and think, OK, I got through that last time, I can get through this now.

Just staying in tonight.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Do your best

Venus I've always loved your sobriety you handled that well sorry for the stress it caused hun

I think the desert we had last night gave me the mother of all stomach upsets I had to get up at 4am half asleep and I've just been resting the whole day with pains

I'm on my 2nd camomile tea : (

want to show you guys how the plants are coming along if I don't upload today il try tomorrow

Spk later guys
Old 06-11-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Croissant, I've definitely had those milestone triggers before but not feeling it this time. Thanks for the nice words.

And thank you, venuscat. Even though I count days, I'm not really too stressed or caring too much about any specific milestones beyond wanting to get to day 145, which is where I cracked last year. That won't happen this time. I'm not drinking again. Period. But, yes, Monday, June 13, will be my actual three month mark. Thanks for remembering! It's nice to know someone is noticing and keeping track.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober day today!
Old 06-11-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Venus, I'm glad your sweet calmness helped your family. I notice I am more patient in sobriety, so that's something I'm glad of.
No sweets yesterday. Just a yogurt in the evening.
Croissant, it funny you should mention that about the store clerk. I was eating a whole bag of liquorice pieces and if I bought two, I'd eat the second, so I'd go to the store every day, and I'm sure the clerk noticed, that and ice cream. It felt like the shame of going to the liquor store all over again.
Also, my gums began to bleed lately. I'm sure it's all the sugar. I want to get back to daily flossing, I've been neglectful lately, but I don't want to lose teeth!
So on to day 2!
Old 06-11-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Do your best

Popping in to say goodnight Julyers
Old 06-11-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Goodnight wolfie love, hope your tummy is OK now.

Leshar ~ do you take Vitamin C? It will really help with the gum issue.
I finished off a pizza late last night, and now the house is junk free. So onwards to a healthier me.
It's somehow more fun to be doing it together.

Casey ~ when you weren't here, we missed you every single day.
I love reading every post you write; you are an incredible power of example. And a wonderful person. Sorry if that's too mooshy.

Speaking of which ~ where is Snoozums??

Good morning Crois.

Love to all of the Julyers. ♥
Old 06-11-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
...and I'm sure the clerk noticed, that and ice cream. It felt like the shame of going to the liquor store all over again.
Also, my gums began to bleed lately. I'm sure it's all the sugar...
Oh yes, yes....that's EXACTLY how I feel, Leshar. And really, that's it for me, I'm so tuned in now, I know it's not mentally healthy the moment I start to feel that way. (Oh how many mentally unhealthy thoughts did we numb with alcohol...I dread to think.) And when it gets to a daily feeling, well, for me I HAVE to shut it down. Leshar, my gums bled out of nowhere last night too????

So...like you Venus, I had pizza yesterday...I have a bit left over today, so realistically, it won't be until tomorrow, but yes, I'm in too!

Casey, I have no doubt when your gut is telling you this time is different, you know it is. I definitely felt that way this last time.....really early on I knew I'd had a gutful, both of the drinking and of the good chunks of sobriety and then falling. I remember Dee posting when I was a few months in that I sounded different, like it was going to stick....that meant so much to me because I'd been feeling it internally, but almost too scared to believe this could finally be the time it all came together. I'm glad you are feeling those good feelings too, that's great.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Oh....sorry! Good morning, Venus!
Old 06-11-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm going to swallow my pride and admit that I've been struggling. I don't post much because you all have such wonderful sobriety and I feel like such a failure. Tomorrow is a new day right?
Old 06-11-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You're not a failure, Ladybug.This isn't a competition, it's just all of us trying to get through another day sober. It's all about today at the most basic level.

Fall seven times, get up eight. Right? In my case, it's been more like fall down seven hundred times. But I'm glad I'm here on 701. As Croissant and I were discussing earlier--THIS time can be the difference maker in your own recovery.

You really can do this. Make yourself a plan, stick to it, and just try and always remember that a drink is never the answer for us. You've tried x, you've tried y, what's your z going to be this time?

Hope you're getting some rest now. Tomorrow's a new day. As always, you'll be in my thoughts...
Old 06-11-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

This is my favourite quote.

Like Casey, it took me many many tries Ladybug. Years in fact. And I really don't consider myself a failure. I consider myself lucky. And I'm also proud of myself ~ I never gave up.

And neither are you.

Onwards together.