Notices

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 06-13-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by kopfan View Post

I'm pleased with 50 days. I'm thankful that SR is here. But now the real work begins to start building a new sober life. It requires coping skills that I don't have because my answer to every situation in the past was to drink. A couple of times in this sober journey I've asked "Will I never drink again?" because the thought of it has seemed so alien. Life without drink IS alien because I've never lived my life without it. I've always had a drink in my hand for the most part of 34 years.

50 days is enough for me to see that returning to the dark side would leave me forever unfulfilled. Eternally damned. I would probably never escape again, falling into a drunken pit of despair that I can't claw my way out of again.
Congrats on 50 days!

Somewhere between 60-90 days of sobriety, I underwent a massive shift in thinking.

I went from thinking of myself as"A drinker who is abstaining for awhile" to " I am not a drinker." It was a huge psychological shift, having been married to alcohol for three decades.

You are right Kopfan, now the real work begins. But that is a good thing!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I knew yoga was a workout (Obviously) But I didn't think it was going to be so INTENSE. I did a beginner 30 minute video and i'm DRENCHED lmao. That was fun though.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:20 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Good morning. I'm up early but tempted to have a day off work. My OH finally has some work and the house will be empty today. I'm frustrated as hell with myself because I pigged out on shite again last night after having a good day. I've booked in for another 10K in 3 weeks but can't seem to get myself motivated to get out and run. Everything was going so well before I went away.

Tati - have you seen the body coach stuff? He's got loads of HIIT stuff on youtube. We tried some of his recipes too after we got his book at Christmas - they are really nice. He's a fad I would think but he's everywhere atm and his youtube vids are good.

Winslow - my eldest son is 19 and he was around when I was at my worst. Even then though I worked full time and wasn't in bed all the time and I didn't drink every night. I did stuff with him but he doesn't remember that. My middle son now is into football and my eldest made a comment that I never took him but I did. We tried him with loads of sports when he was small but he didn't take to any of them so we gave up. He doesn't remember any of that - just the bad stuff it seems. It's really sad.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charliesworld View Post
I'm frustrated as hell with myself because I pigged out on shite again last night after having a good day.
Morning Everyone

Day 51

Me too Charlie! I need to get this eating sugar thing under control and start doing some proper exercise.. I think I'll dust the cobwebs off those weights in the garage today and make a start.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just a quick hello. Hope everyone is off to a good start this week. Lots of positives being posted. Day 67 today, I think. Feeling a little low key blah. Not too bad,must a bit bored and isolated feeling. My sponsor on vacation so we didn't meet last weekend and I haven't been doing any work at all on my steps. Need to get head back in the game.
I've been walking my dog a lot in the late evenings, and I'm listening to Prince of Tides on audible. Read it years ago, and it's a wonderful book. Easy to get lost in the story. Pat Conroy is a very descriptive beautiful writer and last night there was a part where he was describing an after dinner drink of cognac in detail. Took advantage of the fast forward button . No trigger though. Really not too many cravings last week or so, more just that feeling of having a lot of work to do on myself and feeling stuck somedays.
Off to another day at work. I need to plan my vacation so I will have something fun to look forward too. Have a strong sober day everyone!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hey all,Charlie,its interesting how our drinking affected the kids differently, I have 4 and only my oldest really holds it against me,the others say it didn't bother them but they do bring it up in arguments so obviously it was rough on them too,Tati,I keep trying to get into yoga,my therapy guy keeps saying it would be excellent for my anxiety,must dig out the DVD! Big waves to everyone else😊
Old 06-14-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5999233