Notices

On My Way #4

Old 06-29-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Fingers crossed, GC, that you are getting closer to resolving the insurance dispute regarding your medication; it shouldn't be so complicated or difficult.
Thanks SL. I'm sure it's a money issue and there is an agreement with the manufacturers of the other medications whereby their respective meds cost my insurance company less than the drug I want. Keep in mind I'm not seeking some niche cutting edge experimental drug; what I'm after was approved in the USA in 2006 and generates almost US$4 billion globally.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

My breathing is marginally better today than yesterday, but it's labored enough that I'm going to stick to only walking.

Tonight I'm grilling portabella mushrooms which I'm going to fill with roasted tomatoes and sautéed garlic and top with mozzarella cheese. I'll then broil the concoction until the cheese melts. I'll also be serving a garden salad so it's going to be an all veggie dinner.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I had a redeeming workout at the gym this morning, much more aligned with what I'm used to as compared to Wednesday's less than average performance. Not from lack of trying mind you; by definition all days can't be above average. We're going out tonight, more on that below, but my plan is to be a the gym at 9 AM for a small group strength and stamina class. No matter how good my food and beverage choices are tonight it's going to be a later than usual evening, but being there is a high magnitude priority so I'll make sure it happens.

It's a holiday weekend here and we're starting it off with something we've done with friends for at least the past fifteen years by going to an outdoor concert that will be followed by fireworks. Dinner is going to be picnic style and I'll be using some stuff I have around the house. Sandwiches with my turkey breast, my bacon, my pesto, lettuce, and tomato on a bread I'll be picking up today from a local bread bakery. I'll also be bringing my smoked cheddar cheese and crackers as a snack. Dessert is going to be Bing cherries that are currently in season.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Sounds like a lovely evening, GC, with a delicious dinner.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
My breathing is marginally better today than yesterday, but it's labored enough that I'm going to stick to only walking.
Do steamy showers or saunas help your breathing, GC?
Old 07-01-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Sounds like a lovely evening, GC, with a delicious dinner.
Thanks. It's always an enjoyable relaxing evening. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates and we don't get rained out.

Do steamy showers or saunas help your breathing, GC?
I don't know. I can try the shower option at home and I have access to a sauna (as well as showers) at my gym. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

The concert and fireworks have been postponed until Tuesday because of a thunderstorm so the ten of us will be going out to dinner instead and give it another go next week. The ingredients I was going to use tonight will not be around on Tuesday so I'll have to come up with something else for dinner that night.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Your plans, although changed, still like fun - enjoy!!!!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Your plans, although changed, still like fun - enjoy!!!!
Thanks SL.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Since the concert and fireworks were postponed most of the group that was going to attend wound up going to a local tavern for dinner. I had a burger and club sodas with lemon. No big deal. No temptation and nobody cared or said anything. Just as I would have expected.

Tonight we're going to a BBQ and I expect more of the same. Maybe it's the age me and my peers are at, but for whatever reason(s) the reality is that nobody is particularly paying attention to or really caring about what I drink, be it beer, tequila, or water. And if they did it wouldn't change my behavior. On the food side of the equation I'll be bringing a hot crabmeat dip appetizer to the party. That, people will pay attention to.

This morning my wife and I were at the gym at 9 for a small group class. My asthma continues to bother me so I had to take a couple of extra breaks, but I came away knowing that I was using challenging weights and I did the best I could. Later today we're going to take our dog on a 4 mile walk.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

From my previous post:

.......be it beer, tequila, or water.
Just to be clear, I am NOT drinking beer, tequila, or any other alcohol. My point, somewhat inarticulately put forth, was that no matter what I was having nobody really cares. Except me of course.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
From my previous post:

Just to be clear, I am NOT drinking beer, tequila, or any other alcohol. My point, somewhat inarticulately put forth, was that no matter what I was having nobody really cares. Except me of course.

Never doubted it for a second, GC!!!!!
Old 07-02-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Just making sure SL. :-)
Old 07-02-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Four mile walk with my wife and dog is complete. Unlike last night's thunderstorms today is just a fantastic weather day.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Me and my wife took our dog on a 45 minute walk earlier today and in a little while I'm going to lace 'em up and go for a run.

This afternoon we're going to a pool party at a friend's house and I'll be brining some of the cheddar cheese I smoked a few weeks ago. No cooking for me today, but unless plans change I'll be back at it tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I'm back from a 3 mile run that went better than I thought it would as my breathing actually got better around the half way point. Except for splashing around in my friend's pool I'm done with exercise for the day and my biggest challenge going forward today is to make good choices regarding food and the quantity I consume. I purposely did not mention staying away from alcohol because I'm not looking at it as a big challenge; I just don't do it.

Last night's BBQ was a lot of fun and as I expected and wrote about yesterday the fact that I wasn't drinking probably wasn't even a blip on most people's radar. They're weren't keeping tabs on me just as I'm wasn't keeping tabs on them. I was there to engage in good conversation (and eat ) and wasting my time monitoring my friends' alcohol consumption was not on my agenda. It will likely be more of the same at today's pool party. Sure, there will be wine, beer and other alcohol available to those that want, but there will also be club soda and water and as long as nobody is getting stupidly drunk to the point of being obnoxious or trying to drive I'll just be there as one of the crowd enjoying myself. As far as either of the two just described scenarios happening, knowing the guest list I can write with confidence that both will be non issues.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Have a fabulous time, GC.

I hope that you have more luck on the rate of food consumption issue than I did last night - sigh.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Have a fabulous time, GC.

I hope that you have more luck on the rate of food consumption issue than I did last night - sigh.
Thanks SL. Please enjoy your day also.

Whatever you ate last night I hope it was tasty.

Normally, I'm very good about food choices; my diligence with portion control is not in the same league and I don't mean for the better. The latter wasn't much of an issue when I was doing a lot of cycling and running, but now that those activities have been curtailed my clothes are a bit tighter than they used to be.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Everything was delicious.

I was under control until the dessert was served . . . . . . .
Old 07-03-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Everything was delicious.

I was under control until the dessert was served . . . . . . .
I'm glad to read that what you had was delish! At least you weren't wasting calories on mediocrity.

Interesting what you wrote about dessert because I was the opposite when it came to that course of the meal. I avoided all the cakes and pies and just had fresh fruit.