Notices

One Year & Over Part 38

Old 05-03-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Fbl today well right now I'm going to fix a broken slab that is sunken in this pic it's the very last slab on the right

spk soon guys
Old 05-03-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Wolfie, I love how you are living your sober life: taking care of Mrs Wolfie, your nieces, the birds, your home and at the same time doing relaxing things and good cooking plus all your posting here. You are awesome :-)
Old 05-03-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

your going to make me blush thank you Saskia

the truth is that all of you have been there for me whether I'm happy, sad, quiet, confused about something, you have all helped me & continue to do so I love reading you guys posts knowing I'm not alone I can msg & chat SR is truly a beautiful site with awesome people who make lives better I don't think that I know that I see it all the time & it's wonderful

As for the slab it's done but it was tricky as it was packed in pretty tight & wedged in got to it eventually after taking the second to last slab on the left out & accessing it like that

I havnt taken a pic because I'm out of breath sweating like it's in fashion and wearing my shorts I'm baking as they say when I've cooled down il take a pic

quietly impressed with myself
Old 05-03-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((least)))

how'd it go last night iwl?
Old 05-03-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Going to take a pic & I've promised Glen a day of his new toys feel cooler after a cool bath spk later

Old 05-03-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday itch!
Old 05-03-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Itchy!

Nice work, Wolfie :-)
Old 05-03-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy birthday Itchy !!
Old 05-03-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Happy Birthday Itchy!

Quick night and back to work in two hours.

Have a great Tues pm/Wed am everyone!
Old 05-03-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

I thought the bed screws could do with tightening and I've had the drill battery on charge so when I had a look I was a bit confused as the screws didn't need tightening but what I did notice that I had never previously noticed was that moist of the bed was held by little more than long staples I had just bought new screws sunday and thought how did I miss that maybe I was looking at it different I don't know but after securing with a screw in each side of the support structure that is a shabby wooden bed frame it is it's strongest yet solid is a good word

I asked Mrs sw to lie down see what you think

She said it doesn't squeak at all no more which I am really really pleased about
Old 05-03-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Happy B-day, Itch!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear bout your pups Least

Happy Birthday Itchy!

Good work SW

Busy day for me today - looking forward to a quiet evening in front of the TV zzzzzz....
Old 05-03-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Cleaned out the wheelie bins and pulling up weeds outside i put my bare hands over stinging nettles ouch !

Moved the homemade bird table/saucer to a branch on the tree
Old 05-03-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I DON'T DO BIRTHDAYS! Just kidding.

I wish my younger brother could still call, and next month I could call him. I wish Skylar were here too at my feet, giving me that squint look he had when he leaned up against me and was especially loving. And Bogart before him and all the others. I am happy to be here and have another day to use any way I choose because I was able to sober up, and free myself for a second shot at the rest of my life.

Least's loss apparently broke a dam in me I did not know I had. I just went to tell her how sorry I was for her loss with a heartfelt video and am sitting here typing through my tears, as they brought back my recent loss of Skylar. I guess I needed a little self pity party because I know what she is going through having lost my buddy Skylar so recently. Watching a few just brought back to me how it feels and I felt so sorry Least had her little buddy taken as suddenly. And yes, even warriors cry when a friend loses a buddy.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

Manhug Itchy
Old 05-03-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Itchy
Old 05-03-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Manhug Itchy
Another
Old 05-03-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Itchy love! ♥
Old 05-03-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

"I am happy to be here and have another day to use any way I choose because I was able to sober up, and free myself for a second shot at the rest of my life."

I love this sentence Itchy.

Happy Birthday!
Old 05-03-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks everyone for the B'day wishes. Some folks take a negative view that they are living on borrowed time. Every day is Lagniappe, that little something extra for a smile. As long as I remember that, every day will be fine.

Thank you Dee!

Glad you like the word Venus kitten! I believe as Flaubert:
"Flaubert believed in, and pursued, the principle of finding "le mot juste" ("the right word"), "said that he always tried to use "Le Mot Juste." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustave_Flaubert

Like anything, as we here know all too well, too much of a good thing can become a bad thing and while I don't study and struggle for them, world travel and studies, brings my own "le mot juste" out every time off the top of my head. I earned it when I first went to New Orleans for some fresh shucked oysters and crabs when we went deep sea fishing one weekend and out hotel reservations fell through. Instead of taking the 6 hour drive home we camped on the beach of Grand Isle LA. and crabbed until midnight with just dip nets and flash lights. One of the guys had a cookware sales suitcase with him and we had all the crab boil pots we needed. The local stores all carried crab boil and blue crabs when challenged in the dark in knee deep water by a dip net in front of them just charge it and go right in! We could have fed 100 we caught so many had we wanted to catch more. Captain Sebastian the next morning asked if we all had hangovers and we sheepishly admitted we partied a bit much instead of going home. He gave us a great trip and we had to clean a couple hundred pounds of fish between us. My SH had to slap me the last 50 miles home at 2 AM at my request so I did not fall asleep at the wheel after almost two days in the sun and fun, and all day deep sea fishing in the Gulf. The hotel messing up our reservations provide a really unexpected extra.

Wolf I went and saw the pics you posted Saturday and will go have a look see at the new ones. Your little patch of paradise is so appealing. It is an ordered invitational to serenity and security. Lovely.

Mags, we are fine but the flooding is back on the Red River here and if we get another heavy rain too soon we may be in for a repeat of the recent losses. The folks around the river and lakes are flooded again and the cities and parishes are handing out sandbags again. Tomorrow through next Monday is sunny and perhaps enough to dry us out before the next round.

Carlos you are fun to read and so friendly in community with your others.

GHD!
Good to hear you are doing well!

Sassy recovered from your travels now?

Drake ever been to The Big Easy for Cajun food? I've never had steak like in Kansas. No German food like in Munich, no Mexican food like in Mexico. No French Fries like Belgium, or Strawberry waffles either.

FBL,
Sorting vinyl for money? 45's? Dang.
I loved Fred Gwynne in everything he did. Car 54 as Francis Muldoon opposite Joe E Brown as Gunther Toody were like abbot and Costello or Laurel and Hardy. I loved them in that show.

SG, I hated that shift, hope you can get adjusted!

FG I have photos on mine too. Many folks do just click on our name and go to our profiles.

Amp,
Before you try to upload pics, reduce them in size. Go here and download the Image resizer program, then run it. It's an awesome program that will seem like nothing happened and it makes no icon on the desktop. But go to any of your Pics and right click on it, and you'll see a new choice on the menu that drops down to "Resize Picture". I use "small" size and leave the other items in their presets, never delete originals. After you slect small and click on resize it resizes the picture and so it is not a duplicate adds (small) behind the file name. Like "mypicture" becomes "mypicture(small)." IT takes a 1 or 2 Megabyte file and reduces it to 50-100 kb , the perfect size for posting and emailing. For Windows only it is here: Image Resizer for Windows - Home
It is safe and easy and you can select as many to resize as you want at a time. It takes longer for a lot of pictures at once. Ten pics takes less than 15 seconds on my computer.

Sassy funny you mention medical. I am almost finished drinking a gallon of "Golightly" and highly recommend you stay within oh, say, 12" from your friendly local bathroom when taking this Prep! I wrote a comedy piece about my first one and if anyone wants a copy PM me. It is tasteful, for such a crappy sub . . . BRB! back. I have to be at the check in tomorrow at OMG there is no sun!!!O'clock. I get roto rootered at both ends this time. The EGD is for a polyp, benign, that was found six years ago, and is just being checked on for no growth.
I know, TMI/crappy subject.

Hope work went well Mags,

Thanks IP, from a fellow writer that is very nice indeed.

And thanks for all the Bday wishes my friends.

Night all, I have to get closer to the Bathroom.