Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 05-05-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Sending hugs out to all suffering, you especially Pam, and hope for a good day today. Stay strong everyone. We can do this!

Bug
Old 05-05-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Day 5, hopped up on coffee already. Time fore some apple juice or something.

Trying to get my head right to talk to customers and schedule work, it has built up after my last foray into the darkness of drinking. I can do this, but making the actual calls has me anxious. I can do this, it will be ok.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll be ok SSG

D
Old 05-05-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
Hi everyone... having a great evening. 7 days for me. Yay!

Bug
Congratulations. Keep up the good work. Enjoy the benefits of not drinking.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I can't get interested in breakfast this morning so I'm crunching on almonds. I feel the unmistakeable symptoms of my old friend The Black Dog (depression) creeping up on me. I may have to start up the antidepressant therapy again. It's a good thing it's such a pain in the butt for me to get out and about. Just getting a bottle of wine would require an effort I'm not up to. However someone called me from the store yesterday and asked me if I needed anything. The answer was so complicated in reality that I didn't know what to say. What a long list that would be. Hope, self-confidence, health, happy family, love, peace of mind. What else...
Old 05-05-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pams View Post
We are going to try and get some sleep now. We spent hours and hours and hours in bumper to bumper traffic on the only highway out. People are being so kind all around. I can't thank you all enough for being here to listen to me. The wind has shifted in Fort Mac due to a cold front coming through....which they say may push the fire back to unaffected areas. It's just too much to think about. But I am going to sleep sober with help from you all. One of the most difficult evenings of my life. Good night all.
Hope you got some good rest pams. That's such a hard situation. But you will pull through, staying sober during this life changing event is the best possible plan.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Here it is, dreaded thursday. My day to drink.

I'm not giving in to "it" today. I've had my breakfast. Need a 3 mile run (despite the chub rub I've developed on my thighs, lol) Chores. No drinking, no matter what!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Here it is, dreaded thursday. My day to drink.

I'm not giving in to "it" today. I've had my breakfast. Need a 3 mile run (despite the chub rub I've developed on my thighs, lol) Chores. No drinking, no matter what!
Stay strong...you can do it!!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Not drinking today !
Old 05-05-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Blackbird ,
I'm rootin for you !
Old 05-05-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Keep on doing the next right thing, Class of May 2016. You've got this!
Old 05-05-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

JL and Blackbird,

I'll join you in not drinking today! Day 6 and counting.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Day 5 here. Little bit on the irritable side today, but powering through it. I don't have to drink to numb out. That will only delay my sobriety and progress.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Well I've turned down 2 offers of beer today. Got a bottle of Pepsi max cherry to drink tonight. Feeling pretty good at the minute.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

What kind of symptoms are you dealing with and how are you coping with them? I'll go.
1. Anxiety/nervousness/orneriness -- breathing exercises, distractions,
2. Aches and pains -- aspirin, hot or cold microwave wrap
3. Loneliness -- call people or make plans for future meetings
4. Health worries -- move more, eat small easy to prepare meals, make sure to get enough nutrients, take thiamine, milk thistle capsule, stay hydrated

I wanted to add that I hope no one starts drinking a lot later in life and if you do drink now, stop before you get older because it doesnt get any easier.

Last edited by Lonelywombat67; 05-05-2016 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 05-05-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
What kind of symptoms are you dealing with and how are you coping with them? I'll go.
1. Anxiety/nervousness/orneriness -- breathing exercises, distractions,
2. Aches and pains -- aspirin, hot or cold microwave wrap
3. Loneliness -- call people or make plans for future meetings
4. Health worries -- move more, eat small easy to prepare meals, make sure to get enough nutrients, take thiamine, milk thistle capsule, stay hydrated

I wanted to add that I hope no one starts drinking a lot later in life and if you do drink now, stop before you get older because it doesnt get any easier.
I am struggling to sleep and sweat but to be fair I still feel better in the mornings even after less sleep I'm not really dealing with it in anyway just watching films on my phone to pass the time

at work I was very irritable and I just stayed out of everyone's way especially my bosses

I really miss my alcohol after work I guess you would call it craving but I'm trying every soft drink the shop sells to get around that

To be fair I think I'm getting off lightly even after all these years I'm finding this easier than I thought it would be. Thanks to you guys I have a reason to do it I don't want to let you down like I did on Saturday night I felt like a right plonker on Sunday morning.

Again I couldn't / wouldn't have done it without this forum
Old 05-05-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Day 7. Just plain irritable. Seems like I'm experiencing every emotion but positive ones. AV has been very chatty today. I wish it would shut up! Its honestly like I have 2 freaking personalities and they are fighting it out right here in my lil ole head. This is the longest I've made it in sooo long. I hear my AV trying to convince me that I don't really have a problem or I wouldn't have been able to go 7 days without any physical symptoms of withdraw. It tells me I can learn to moderate, and wouldn't a margarita be ok.....its cinco de mayo after all.....on and on and on it goes. My intellect tells me I should be down on my knees thanking God that I have had no physical symptoms of withdraw. It reminds me that I have tried to moderate and I'm just not capable. It points out that every time I attempt to stay sober and fail, its longer and longer between attempts. The cravings are unreal. I ask myself over and over, how did I let this get sooooo out of control?
Old 05-05-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
How is everyone today? I am feeling quite a bit off today, but am muddling through.
Pams, I don't know what today has brought you, but you are in my thoughts. I hope you are able to update us soon.
Wombat, are you doing ok?
Yes, Flossy, it's ok to name your AV. Mine is named Arnold. I think of my AV like the Terminator. Unstoppable and ruthless at times. So. My AV is male, too. Too funny.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Sorry, I missed a whole page of posts, there.
I did warn you I was off today.
Good job to all of you. I am learning a lot here.
Hang in there, guys.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I'm here. Day five (in reality day seven) I'm not doing as well. I can't seem to calm down. I'm stressing over sad family problems that I can't do anything about. Anxiety is coming and going in waves. I look forward to bedtime so I can clap my CPAP mask on, get my breathing regulated, and sink into the restorative hours of sleep. I take a Valium in the evening at the time I get the worst stress and it helps a little or at least I think it does. I might call my alcoholic voice Buttface Ratbrain.