Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 12

Old 04-29-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi marchers! Nighttime here, stomach pain and the anxiety over waiting for blood tests got me a bit down today, but I'm feeling better and I need to remember my tendency to think the worst isn't usually based in reality. No more pain for the moment, hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling better than the last few mornings. I think I will. My head feels much clearer so that has to be a good sign.

Fabela - wow I can't even imagine such wind?! That's crazy. The only intense weather we ever have are heatwaves. Glad Charlie was ok too, I hate that panic over a pet, I know it well!

Clearly headed - I hope you recover quickly and take the time to just relax as ordered! You sound in good spirits considering everything you're dealing with and that's great to hear
Old 04-29-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Kayak - glad you have some friends reaching out, always such a great support I think. And don't stop at the bottle shop!!

Lofty congrats on day 3!

I'm off to bed now, see you in a few hours
Old 04-29-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing well, Clearlyheaded. You will feel so good after you heal.

Fabela - don't let anyone blow away!

Kayak - That is such an awesome pic. Is that you or did you take it?

1stepup- You should be feeling better in a day or two. Enjoy those girls this weekend.

Samantha - I am praying for peace for you today.

Mish - Good evening! You sound really good.

Lillian - Congratulations on 3 weeks!!

Casey - I'm sure we'll see you after lunch. Have a great day!

Kiki - Hope you are better today. You are in my prayers every night.

FABL- Sounds like you are in control. What a great feeling.

Immri - I really hope you feel better soon.

Samantha - I hope your day is peaceful.

Lofty - keep doing what you're doing. Follow that plan.

Pelagic - have a great day! When you're doubting if this is what you want, remember that look on your wife's face when you were sober and cooking her dinner.

Rah - Have a spectacular day. I hope your weekend is uneventful.

MITA - you're the man. (I'm still not thrilled you didn't like my Rams, but I'll let it slide)

BBG- I have never watched this much BBT since it's been on except in Mexico and it was the only thing on the English speaking channel.

Applekat- Have a great day! Will be thinking of you tomorrow. You can get past this.

Ladybug- Have been missing you. Hope all is well with all of the little bugs.

Ladyboo- you are still in my prayers. I pray for your strength to handle whatever is being thrown your way.

Dee - thanks for the thread. Have a good night.

I'm sure I've forgotten someone - if so, I'm sorry. I usually realize it after I'm finished. Have a great Friday everyone! Love and good vibes for you all!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Jemma! Hope you have a great day and that things are getting easier for you!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning Bobbie! I hope your day at work goes quickly. Happy Friday!

Day 61 and I WON'T DRINK TODAY!

Please everyone keep checking in especially since it's the weekend. Friday was always an easy downfall day for me. We often order pizza with the kids and the wine shop is right next door so hubby would pick up a mag of Cabernet to share. So easy. Too easy. Pizza and red wine, it made sense like peanut butter and jelly. Sometimes I would even pretend to protest - oh honey you shouldn't have, I need to watch my diet remember? Pshawwww. Truthfully I "expected" it and if he skipped that I was grumpy! Poor guy couldn't win lol.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day four and a busy one. Work, meetings, AA, dinner w AA peeps. Starting to feel ok--thank goodness.

Be well marchers
Old 04-29-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Missy- Have a great weekend. You can do this - you already have.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Yay Missy! Keep marching forward.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

good day to all! still here- clean & sober- no way i need to add either to the nightmare my life is right now.....& will be for quite some time. very glad of that, though (not wanting to drink or use)! fabela- that is, indeed, some crazy-sounding wind! glad your son & furbaby were ok! hope you all have a wonderful, sober day!!
Old 04-29-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in. I feel much better than yesterday. I was in such a dark place yesterday. It felt like hell. :-( That's where alcohol takes us.

I spent A LOT of time journaling on and off all day yesterday. I never want to forget how bad I felt so I documented it to read when a drinking thought comes in.

Also, several weeks ago I promised myself that if I drank again that I would give AA another solid try so that's what I'm gonna do. Nothing changes if nothing changes. I am going to try really hard to go with an open mind and give it a real chance. I really feel that I will never get better if I don't. No one WANTS to go to AA (well maybe some people do) but if it means saving my life...I guess I have to. I'm working with the same sponsor & wrote out Step 1 last night.

With SR, AA, exercise, HALT, journaling.....hopefully I can break free of the cycle!

Anyway...busy day. Lots to catch up on and then I'm gonna treat myself tonight to my favorite carryout!

Fabela...I'm glad your dog and son didn't blow away! Haha. I kept picturing the movie Wizard of Oz! Thanks for the prayers Bobbie. Hello to everyone else! I'll check in later.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I HAVE to watch the Wizard of Oz!

I live close to the airport, and the wind has made it impossible to land here. Several planes have had to turn around. And our trampoline is now in our neighbor's yard. It's windy in Hell.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well tooth is out and guess what I can't work tonight...woo-hoo for a surprise three day weekend!! Just picking up some tea and some soup and heading home. I will be sober today.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Fabela - Can't believe you haven't seen it. Wizard of Oz is awesome. I read the book to my kids. They loved it.

Samantha - rest, take care. Enjoy your extra day. Be good to yourself today.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats on 61 applekat! I like your tagline, too. Its true!

Great going on day 4 Missy! I remember you from the undies a while back. Glad to be back with you on my day 3 today.

Kayak, your weekend sounds fantastic. We got beginner kayaks last summer and I cant wait for it to get warm enough to get out here. Keep on paddling through!

Thanks for the sleepless conversation last night, Casey. You words were very kind. Hope your part of Texas is not flooded right now.

Your plan sounds solid Kiki. You are in my prayers as is each of us on the thread, and on SR.

Bobbieka, I am glad you have only spoken of the Rams, as I might have to jump in on behalf of either of the midwest MLB triad in the division, as both cities have been called my home. Hope that's not too cryptic. To put it another way, I considered both Joe Nuxhall and Harry Carey to be my friends when they were alive. You are probably getting the storms headed this way as I write.

Fabela, my Norwegian ancestors were nowhere near plains that would allow such fierce winds. Batten down the hatches and dont let it make you drink!

Immri, I am glad you are feeling better today. Stay sober and in the game!

Samantha, enjoy a nice,relaxing, sober 3 day weekend!

Ladyboo, I am glad you are strong in your recovery!

It's Friday here and I am getting set to pick up twin #1 from her college this afternoon. The empty nest will no longer be empty, at least for the summer. Twin 2 gets picked up next week. It's a great time to be sober!
Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Checking in day 2. Trying to think positive thoughts, that I can overcome this. You all inspire me. You show me that it can be done, that I am not alone.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

That's right, rah, YANA! Hang in there and keep those positive thoughts flowing!
Old 04-29-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Trying to plan the weekend with no drinking. We r going to an NBA playoff game tonight. Tomorrow I have some errands to run. I am thinking about working on cleaning our garage, maybe a movie, and definitely need rest.

This issue is pretty complex. Lots of distractions and temptations. I think one thing that is hard for me is that my husband doesn't think I or we have a problem. I suppose it doesn't matter. I need to take care of myself. It just makes me feel alone and has me facing more temptations than I would if he was on board.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's day 48 for me. Already been up for a couple of hours. Had to run a couple of (semi) early morning errands.

Work tonight. Nothing much else on the agenda for now.

I thought our winds were bad here, Fabela, but I don't think they're strong enough to lift a trampoline most of the time. Though I guess that'd be possible in a tornado here. Do they have tornadoes in Norway? Stay safe, stay sober, stay strong.

You're tougher than me. I'd need like a week's vacation after getting a wisdom tooth removed, samantha14. Wishing you the best today...(EDIT: And now one page later, I see that you got the night off. Get some rest, enjoy your weekend, remember to stick close to here. You can do this!)

I never realized that there was an ACTUAL bank holiday. I thought it was just an expression, 1stepup. Not only does SR save my life, it's also educational sometimes. Enjoy your time with your kiddos!

You promise to behave, Mish? Don't make promises you can't keep. Hope you had a wonderful day. Talk to you in your morning.

Good morning, Bobbieka. Hope your busy day goes well!

Have your ears ever rung before like this, LoftyIdeals? Do you think it's related to withdrawals from alcohol or something else? Hope it stops soon.

Kayak63sc, that's an awesome picture but I've got to say it doesn't look like fun at all. Looks very scary. I like my river adventures to be slow moving. I'm a wuss in that regard. Glad to hear you've got some friends involved in your sober plans. Enjoy your weekend kayaking with your kids!

Glad you've got some help coming for the weekend, clearlyheaded. We can't help with the arm, but don't forget we're here to help with your sobriety. You're still in my thoughts...thanks for checking in.

Hope you wake up feeling better, immri.

Congrats on two months today, Applekat! Instead of wine with your pizza, indulge in one of those ice cold Coca Colas from Mexico--the ones in the glass bottles made with real sugar. Those are so delicious. Mmm, now I want one...

Have a wonderful day 4, Missy7. Sounds like you've got a solid plan for the day. Remember we're here 24/7 if you need us.

So glad you checked in today, ladyboo. Hope your day is going well.

Good on you for going back to AA, KiKi0615. Your sponsor sounds like a wonderful woman from everything you've said about her in the past. Enjoy your carryout treat and have a wonderful day!

LoftyIdeals, my part of Texas is the opposite of flooded. Thanks for thinking of me though. Have a wonderful and sober Friday! And I would also root for either of those teams over the yucky Cardinals.

You are absolutely not alone, rah555. And you not only have us here in the Class of March 2016, we've all got the thousands of folks here at SR who are living a good life of longterm sobriety today behind us. Stick close--we'll help you, you help us. There's a miraculous amount of power in the simple act of one addict helping another. (And just saw your next post re: your husband. I know it's easy for me to say from the sidelines but your sobriety really is not tied to his. Do the right things for yourself, maybe someday he'll want to follow. There are many people here on SR (and I've also seen it many times in AA) with good longterm sobriety who have spouses who are still very active drinkers/alcoholics. Their drinking is not your drinking.)

If you haven't checked in today, please do so soon! We're stronger together.

Going to go grab some lunch now. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Friday. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what!
Old 04-29-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

"But it was too late. The doctor’s mouth was moving again, her words crisp and precise. “You are suffering from alcoholic poisoning. On Sunday your husband found you unconscious at home and he called an ambulance. If he hadn’t acted as quickly as he did, you wouldn’t be here now. The quantities of alcohol we washed out of your stomach were more than enough to kill you."

“I did this to myself,” she said, closing her eyes.

The doctor’s voice was very serious. Almost cold. “Are you conscious of the danger you placed yourself in? Last Sunday afternoon you drank almost a full litre bottle of gin. I’d like you to tell me why.” "

Excerpt from Ice and a Slice by Della Galton
Old 04-29-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

That gave me the chills, AK.