Notices

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 04-28-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jan1755 View Post
I had 12 days and relapsed. Then I had 6 days and relapsed. I think I just get to feeling so good and energetic and I forget how bad the after effects of a night of drinking are. My recovery plan involves SR and journaling. Haven't really made any sober friends yet. My spouse is a nightly drinker. I will admit that I did t work my plan these last two days and j had a two day binge. This morning I feel awful. I know again that alcohol is a poison and hat I need to keep away. I'm back on day 1 and planning to really work a plan.
Welcome, Jan. I feel your pain. I'm at the point now I fear for my job. It could really go either way, as I called in and lied. If I'm called out I could definitely get fired. I had 19 days and had two beers one night. Then stopped checking in here. Then- boom! Relapse. If they want to I really could be let go. So I know how hard it can be, and the awful things it can make you do. I also have a spouse who drinks. Then acts upset when I don't. But then acts upset when I do stupid crap when I drink. It's awful. I'm glad you're here- congrats on day one ☺️
Old 04-28-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good evening all

I had a wonderful day celebrating my Moms bday. We did lunch, then went shopping for her garden plants, flowers. I use to really be into gardening, before drinking became my life. I forgot how much I missed it. Its got me planning some for my yard. Cant wait to get at it. It was a wonderful, normal day, and I definitely want more of those. I even managed to get my walk in, but yes, my feet are paying the price. Better to be hurting from doing something positive for myself tho,vs drunk or hungover.

I havent caught up on todays posts just yet, but plan on reading thru in the morning. I hope everyone is doing well. C you tomorrow friends, and thanks! gnite all.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
I was kinda bored this afternoon so I took a drive. I ended up going to save a lot for a few things and they had marshmallow fluff on sale 4 for $1.00.....so guess who is going to try and make chocolate fudge and peanut butter fudge this weekend? Haha

Tati- sorry about your brownies. I have never had brownies with maple syrup or avacados but they sound delicious.
I think I need to find a more intricate recipe. The recipe I used was bland. The batter was nothing to write home about. Fudge sounds amazing right about now!

I have NO intentions of meeting up with this dude. I don't get creeper, stalker vibes from him. I just think he's an idiot. I rarely talk to him these days. I always attract strange men. Maybe I give off a crazy vibe and the weirdos think they have a chance with me
Old 04-28-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Checking in. Feeling anxious. REALLY scared about my job. Please send any prayers or good thoughts/vibes whatever u have to offer. The more I think about it, the more in worried. And I have no one to blame but myself . Arrgghhhh!!!!! Hate myself right now....
Old 04-28-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'll be praying for you Countrygal. I hope it all works out with your job. Did they seem upset?

Maximus- I am glad you had a nice day with your mom!! It was a gorgeous day here.

Tati- you are hilarious. Haha I am thinking about eating the marshmallow fluff out of the jar.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I hope everything works out well with your Job countryGal!! Sending you lots of good vibes. I know thats a lot to deal with.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm hoping they won't let you go, Countrygal. Do they know you lied about it? You were sick, right, just from drinking, not from a flu bug. Try not to worry, it will just make staying sober harder, sleeping harder and doing a good job when you're there harder, and it won't help the situation. Besides, alcoholism is a disease, you were sick from your disease, so you did not lie.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Time2Focus, I hope you stick with it! It gets easier and easier. For me, daily AA, starting my morning with a devotional reading and asking my Higher Power for another sober day and keeping snacks and juice or water on hand has made such a difference. We're all pulling for you!
Tati, that guy is bad news. I hope he doesn't know where you live now. You made me hungry for brownies and though I'm sorry it happened, it made me laugh and I needed a good laugh tonight.
I am so tired!!! Going to lay in bed and watch a movie and fall asleep. I think this is day 20!!! Incredible, really!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Thanks for the new thread Anna.
Day 5 for me today and it's Friday YAY! Work has been way too busy this week.
Tati don't bee too hard on yourself...I have ruined many a dish in my time forgetting ingredients etc... Also that guys sounds like a real creep. You don't need ninjas like that around you.
Keep strong everyone. xxxx
Old 04-28-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congrats Karen on 20 days!

Congrats mish on day 5!!

I am going to sign off too! I am getting sleepy.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I just had a bad craving. Like it literally just crept up on me I had no choice but to ride it out. All the liquor stores are closed, and I have no mode of transportation. But I notice when a get I craving these specific negative thoughts replay in my head. I tell myself "**** it! life is short", "You're already a failure so you might as well". I try and rationalize it. Alcoholism is so insidious.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Tati, I find that revisiting Urge Surfing articles really helps to fight off cravings. I used to practice it all the time then it fell by the wayside but I'm back at it now. It reminds me of one of my first meditation classes I went to and the instructor taught us how to fight off certain physical feelings like an itch you want to scratch or a cough you can't suppress. If I practice I can fend off the urge to drink. It proves your mind can be stronger than you think.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Life *is* short - no reason to make it shorter

D
Old 04-28-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
I also have a spouse who drinks. Then acts upset when I don't. But then acts upset when I do stupid crap when I drink. It's awful.
Sounds like we're married to the same person. My husband is exactly the same way. He's not very happy at the moment because I'm on Day 5 tmw and he misses his drinking buddy. I know he's secretly hoping I'll fail tomorrow night as it's the start of the weekend. I've been wanting to quit drinking for years. Unfortunately I've used him as an excuse for when I fail because he's not supportive in the least. I guess what I'm trying to say is you/we have to be strong, put ourselves first and maybe inspire our spouses to follow suit. If they don't that's their choice. At least we'll know we're doing the best we can for ourselves.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Didn't make it. Drank tonight. *Sigh*
Old 04-28-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifewithoutbooz View Post
Tati, I find that revisiting Urge Surfing articles really helps to fight off cravings. I used to practice it all the time then it fell by the wayside but I'm back at it now. It reminds me of one of my first meditation classes I went to and the instructor taught us how to fight off certain physical feelings like an itch you want to scratch or a cough you can't suppress. If I practice I can fend off the urge to drink. It proves your mind can be stronger than you think.
Thanks! I'll check those out. It passed. It wasn't that bad, but I definitely had to concentrate a little bit, and talk myself through it. I honestly don't know if I would've been able to ride it out if I were still living nyc. I remember having cravings so bad that I would put on some flip flops and speed walk to the liquor store 10 minutes before closing time. God I did that SO MANY times lmao.

You ain't lyin' Dee *sigh*
Old 04-28-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Focus View Post
Didn't make it. Drank tonight. *Sigh*
It's okay Don't give up! You can come back from this. I always tell myself my relapses were never in vain, because I ALWAYS learned something from them. Try and figure out what you can do differently next time.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you on another overnight trip T2R?
D
Old 04-28-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Soooooo sick of "Day 1's".
Old 04-28-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
are you on another overnight trip T2R?