Class of March 2016 Support Part 11

Old 04-22-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
I was first.
Cool
Old 04-22-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone this is going to be a great weekend for all of us :-) I'm still on the road but I'll be home sometime tomorrow afternoon I'll check back later and catch up. If you get bored and you need help you can message me

rps20160422_090246.jpg
Old 04-22-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Pelagic263;59

Oh, I get pissy every evening without the booze in hand. And a remarkable number of things act as triggers. The garden's a mess? I want a drink. My wife had a tough day at work? I want a drink. I didn't get enough done today? I want a drink. I'm avoiding all the finances? I want a drink. It's amazing I ever got anything done at all.
.[/QUOTE]

This is soooo me, Pelagic. I get so irritable and everything and everyone is a trigger. Guess that's why it's good we don't keep alcohol in the house, right?
Old 04-22-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Pelagic, where in Pennsylvania are you?
Old 04-22-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post

Is it funny that I'm a little bit happy it's gloomier out today rather than gloriously sunny so my cravings are lessened! Oy vey.
Me too, AK. This was the first thing I thought of when I looked out the window this morning. How did the little ones sleep last night?
Old 04-22-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just checking in quickly. Youngest has prom tonight. Going to try and work half a day so I can take pics. Will talk to you all after she is off to prom. Have a great, sober day. Thinking of you all - all of the time.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Pelagic, where in Pennsylvania are you?
I'm in the north-central part of the state. Where are you? A scene like this should look familiar to a fellow Pennsylvanian. I walk past this little reservoir a few times a week on my way into the woods:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1876-2.jpg (65.0 KB, 55 views)
Old 04-22-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

We tore up part 10 in less than 4 days! We are chatty.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yeah...I turned 1000 posts today, and I usually don't have anything to say. Hm.

I've picked up my knitting again, the one with the super thin needles and yarn. This is going to take forever.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Got all my work done because I'm awesome. lol

Thought I'd hang out with you guys for a minute. In a super mood today - if it's a pink cloud, it's lasted for a while and I'll take it. Just wanted to share and hope it rubs off on you guys. Wish I could make you feel what I am feeling.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yeah...I turned 1000 posts today, and I usually don't have anything to say. Hm.

I've picked up my knitting again, the one with the super thin needles and yarn. This is going to take forever.
Post pics. Am jealous of your talent. I could never do that.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Post pics. Am jealous of your talent. I could never do that.
Do you want the real thing or how it's going to look when it's done?

Glad to hear that you are in such a good mood! You deserve it!
Old 04-22-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Both.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Jemma - good to hear you are feeling better. I hated first few days. Just think, you never have to go through that again.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you are in such a good mood! You deserve it!
So do you.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

So, this is the jacket I'm knitting, it's called Nancy and I'm knitting it in alpaca wool. This model is about half my size, I'm more like a big viking. Mine is blue with light and dark purple, I'll see if I can take a picture of it without dog hair on it.

Yikes, it is big! And I drank yesterday.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
We tore up part 10 in less than 4 days! We are chatty.
Okay, in all honesty I am chatty. Hope my mood is contagious! You should all be smiling with me - it's way more fun that way!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

That's a gorgeous sweater. I saw your line at the bottom. How do you feel now?
Old 04-22-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 41 starting here. I slept wrong on my right arm/shoulder or something because it's really hurting me this morning. That's the arm that I sometimes have issues with anyways. Stinks getting old. I'm sure a little time awake today will help it.

I'm actually NOT working tonight. My best work friend's grandmother died yesterday and he needs money to get on a plane to Memphis tomorrow so he's working my shift tonight and I'm taking his Sunday am shift for him. I'll probably go to an AA meeting tonight though it's a speaker meeting and those are never my favorite. I could go to the other AA group here that I used to sometimes attend--they have a 6:30 pm meeting. But it's about a mile further away--that part is no huge deal--but it's also on way rougher roads that are much tougher to ride on a bicycle. But then there's also this awesome Thai place that I haven't been to in ages on the way to that group. Hmm...decisions decisions...oh well, I've got almost eight hours to figure that one out.

A typing cat could make you a fortune, Fabela. And I'll trade you my hot wind for your snow. For one day only though. Snow gets old real fast. But then so does hot wind. BTW (acronym included just for you!), the place you live looks so beautiful.

I watch some pretty dumb TV myself but Grey's Anatomy must be a female thing because I don't get that one at all, immri and Fabela. My last roommate watched that show incessantly. Like if she was home, it was on the living room table. I tried watching it but just couldn't make myself care about anyone on the show. And then that roommate turned out to be a complete psychopath, but I'm sure that's not related to her taste in television.

Hope they have good coffee at work for you this morning, samantha14. I'm assuming in your business that they do. Stick close this weekend, we're here for you. I also hope things are going OK at home--you don't have to answer, but has there been any more fallout from your husband over your drinking? Like I said, if you don't want to talk about it, that's cool too. And when you walk by that liquor store this afternoon, give it the middle finger and growl at it. That's what I do to the wine/beer aisle at the grocery store sometimes. I mean mine is a subtle wave of the finger and a subtle growl so that everyone around me doesn't call the cops but it's cathartic nonetheless. Or you could go Fabela's much more positive, healthy direction, now that I've read it.

Thanks for the new thread, Dee74.

I'm glad you've posted today, Applekat. I have an old drunk mind and forget things quick so I usually try to PM someone immediately if a thought like "Hey, so-and-so didn't post lately" pops in my head. No offense meant to anyone of you who I haven't PMed in such a way--that's totally on my addled brain and is not a reflection at all of what I think of you. And you're sober this morning so for today you have absolutely "nailed it."

So happy to see you check in, Jemma44. Enjoy your days off and keep letting us know how you're doing when you get a chance, please.

KiKI0615, it's going to be tough to surpass the March 2013 class as far as longevity and still posting a lot goes. And heck the February 2016 class that is right before us also seems to have a bunch of motormouths. But we're still the best, right? I mean, if it was a competition. Which it's not. Despite my competitive nature. How are your various trips going? Sorry to hear about your unhappiness with your husband--I do think it's wise to concentrate on fixing KiKi for a while before you make any big decisions re: your marriage.

No need to apologize, LoftyIdeals. Glad you're back here this morning, hope you'll stick close with us. You're a good man.

Even though it says "Location: Pennsylvania" right there underneath your name, Pelagic263, for some reason I always thought you were British. I think it's because "pelagic" just sounds like such a British-y word, even after you defined it for us. We're here when those frustrations come and you need to vent. Good on you for not picking up that drink! Enjoy your bird watching today. Let us know if you see anything special.

If you're hosting, Ladybug2, then why does there have to be drinking involved? Your party. Your house. Your rules. I know that's easier for me to say than it is for you to enforce, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Put your recovery first. And whether you have the party or not or whether others are drinking or not, you don't have to drink. NO MATTER WHAT. You're not a drinker anymore. As Fabela would say, "I'm hypnotizing you."

Have a wonderful and sober day, Kayak63sc. Thanks for helping me start mine off right off with another beautiful photo. Have a safe trip home!

Enjoy your last prom, Bobbieka! Nice of you to offer to share your pink cloud. Now I'm singing the Rolling Stones "Get Off of My Cloud" only with the word "pink" inserted at the appropriate times. "Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd on my pink cloud, baby."

Man, this took me forever to write. I kept getting distracted by real life. And now the Rolling Stones.

If you haven't checked in lately, hope you'll do so soon. Even if you've been drinking, get your tail in here. This is a no-judgement zone. We're stronger together, and let me tell you what--if I can stop drinking, then anyone can. One day at a time. One minute at a time if that's what it takes.

Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. Ask for help. Help others when you can. This is a better way of life. Put your recovery first today!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

This is mine. It has taken forever already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2016-04-22 18.11.34.jpg (76.0 KB, 29 views)