Notices

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 04-26-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellymh24 View Post
I'm glad you didn't drink and I'm sorry for what you're dealing with right now. It sounds tough.... I hear an inner strength in you that will no doubt rear it's bad ass head once you've got some sobriety and mental stability behind you. In the meantime, you're sober and that's a positive to focus and congratulate yourself on. You're awesome!!!!!
This made my day, thanks kellymh!

to my support team!
Old 04-26-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I'm going to lift some weights tomorrow

get rid of this anxious energy

who's with me?
Old 04-26-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Yay, finally got my tablet up and ready, watch out folks!
Welcome newbies, hello everyone.

Just ate a bunch of snyders of hanover hot buffalo wing pretzel pieces. Too good. With an ice cold diet coke. Life is good...
Old 04-26-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
Welcome chicken!

Kara- hope you start to feeling better. Do you have any favorite comfort foods? Maybe make your favorite meal. That may help your sugar cravings. Hugs!!
Thanks Midwest. I like to cook and bake but my kitchen is too untidy for the things I like to do. It's the next thing I have to work on. A nice clean house... Somehow that feels more daunting to me than giving up drink!

Big Hugs Back! ;-) XX
Old 04-26-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Naw, no weights for me Chewy, but probably should. Maybe a walk for me. Exercise does blast that anxiety a bit. Good plan friend.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

I'm half way through Day 2 and I'm glad I didn't drink last night! I completely forgot I had to complete an online certificate for one of my classes today--listening to modules and reading/answering heaps of questions with a hangover (or brain fog) would have been torture!! ... ... Isn't it funny how drinking consumes us and we 'forget' other things we're supposed to be doing (or completing)? Weird!

Anyway, that was just a midday thought from a Day Two-er. I hope everyone is having a great day! I just got home and will relax for a bit, make dinner, then try to make myself go for a jog. I'll check in, again, later on today.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chewy88 View Post
I'm going to lift some weights tomorrow

get rid of this anxious energy

who's with me?
I'm with ya! I started again last night and am doing a 3d a week program M/W/Fr. I might actually switch to Tuesday\Thursday\Sat so that I lift in the middle of the weekend when my AV is strongest.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Welcome folks who are new. 2 hrs til off. Tired!
Old 04-26-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Yay, finally got my tablet up and ready, watch out folks!
Welcome newbies, hello everyone.

Just ate a bunch of snyders of hanover hot buffalo wing pretzel pieces. Too good. With an ice cold diet coke. Life is good...
yessssssss
Old 04-26-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ducrider View Post
I'm with ya! I started again last night and am doing a 3d a week program M/W/Fr. I might actually switch to Tuesday\Thursday\Sat so that I lift in the middle of the weekend when my AV is strongest.
right on

I'll start 3 days and move up to 5 as soon as my ligaments and tendons heal from getting back into it.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Kara- you will get there. Having a home is a lot of work.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Chewy- are you a Dale Jr. fan?
The only weights I lift are 5lb or 10lb hand weights or the weighted medicine balls. LOL
Old 04-26-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
Chewy- are you a Dale Jr. fan?
The only weights I lift are 5lb or 10lb hand weights or the weighted medicine balls. LOL
NASCAR? No not at all.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Sober since 29th March 2016.

Hi Classmates! I'm sort of healing from this weird flue and the interesting thing is that my smell and taste circuits seem to be sharpened. Anybody experienced something like that? My tendons are less noisy and I feel like they softened somehow.,thanks to the high fever? Who knows... I still experience negative repetitive thinking and some short rage and impatience episode. A hug to you all!!! Night night :-)
Old 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JoFanelli View Post
Hi Classmates! I'm sort of healing from this weird flue and the interesting thing is that my smell and taste circuits seem to be sharpened. Anybody experienced something like that? My tendons are less noisy and I feel like they softened somehow.,thanks to the high fever? Who knows... I still experience negative repetitive thinking and some short rage and impatience episode. A hug to you all!!! Night night :-)
Yeah I had that last time. Its probably not a flu, its withdrawal symptoms. Mine were very very flu like.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Morning and Hi to the new arrivals.....welcome all.

Something that is great about this class.....we don't seem to be losing people. It is encouraging to see that whatever happens people come back, climb back on. That takes a lot of courage, self knowledge and determination. I really admire anyone who can get straight back up after a relapse. That is way harder than staying sober for another 24 hours. Respect to you.

A lot here today about relationships and marriages.....can't really contribute much to that. I'm kind of at the stage of comfortable single guy. Date a bit, travel.....but for the moment at least, kind of beyond the kind of constant negotiation of relationships.

So it seemed like a good time to get sober. So if I did get involved again it wouldn't be a 3 way thing between two people and a chemical.

Anyway.

Good day everyone

Later...
Old 04-26-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Chewy- oh okay... I asked because of the 88 after you name!
Old 04-26-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janeeb View Post
I'm back AGAIN, please send positive vibes I so want to beat this cycle and it must be my time soon surely, here I'm pledging to get through the next 24 hours and get onto day 2...... wish me luck... I'm going to need your help !
Sending you a BUNDLE of positive vibes. I'm rooting for you!! You can do this
Old 04-26-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Day one. I'm taking it hour by hour. My av started chattering first thing when I woke up and the mental bargaining hasn't stopped since. I'm ready to go back to bed already. And it's only quarter to 9.

Wooooooooo here's to a looooong day ahead...
Thats all you can do. It's hard, but it's not something you CAN'T get through. I always tell myself being uncomfortable won't kill me, but alcohol will.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Last night was hard. My hubs is still pouting over my binge and bitchin Saturday. Hes giving me the cold shoulder. Says he is sick of this cycle. AMEN to that. But, Im sick of his many issues too. And, he has alot. He is just as sick as I am, in other ways. So, two old disfunctional people, trying to make an old stale marriage work. We stay together for financial reasons, thats about it. Sad, but true.

Anyways, he upset me last night pretty bad. But instead of drinking over it, (and I didnt even want to, still too sick from last binge) I got out of the house for awhile. Sat at the park, and watched all the Normal people, with normal lives. So, that's a good start for me. Just get the heck away from here. Im sad today, my life is nothing like I ever expected it to be. But, then I failed to plan, I didnt plan to fail.
Just sharing the thoughts Im having this morning.
That took a lot STRENGTH! I feel the same way about my life. It can get better though. Who knows what the future has in store for you (Us). Great job though