Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 10

Old 04-19-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I just got up we got home way to late last night and this momma was tired. My kids slept a whole 5 minutes later than usual, turds. We took a drive up the coast to pick up some stuff from a friend of my husbands. It was a nice drive there but coming home was a nightmare. My little one is not a fan of being in the car long. We put on a yo Gabba Gabba CD and he went to sleep. Every time we turned it off he started screaming so hubby and I had to listen to yo Gabba Gabba for 2 hours while the kids slept that could send anyone into a murderous rampage
Old 04-19-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I wouldn't wish two hours of Yo Gabba Gabba on my worst enemy, PeacefulRain. Only thing that might be worse is two hours of that whiny brat Caillou. Good on you for staying sober!
Old 04-19-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

What on Earth is Gabba Gabba? I have to google, again...
Old 04-19-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh sweet Lord... I feel for you, PR!
Old 04-19-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
What on Earth is Gabba Gabba? I have to google, again...
Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Oh sweet Lord... I feel for you, PR!
You mean there's no Yo Gabba Gabba in Norway? That's it, I'm moving there now. Need to go buy some winter clothes immediately.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

It's like Barney on steroids.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You mean Barney on hallucinogens.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Okay, yeah.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

PR - your Kings came up big last night.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I've never heard of it before, so Norway should be a safe haven for you, Casey.

Still feeling antsy, and I regret not buying beer earlier. I can't eat any more, I'll burst. I keep snapping at DH for tiny things, right now he's the most stupid man on Earth. Even Charlie is restless, he's pacing back and forth, he can't seem to find rest anywhere. You and me, Charlie-boy.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

We've managed to skip Yo Gabba, Barney, and Caillou with my two "bigger" kiddo's, and I refuse to cave with the littlest. We did more Blues Clues, Dora for a bit, Team Umizoomi, Curious George. Now the two have enjoyed Magic School Bus, Dinotrux, and movies...Disney, Star Wars....I am loving movie watching age. And board game age! So fun! Love it.

Trying to find a summer camp for a few days for the two, and I didn't realize they can be so expensive.

Ok, off on my errand. I'm bringing a handful of starburst candy with me.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good luck on your errand, Applekat. Check back in as soon as you get back. Build up that accountability to yourself and to others. You've got this!

My nephew is 10 years old. He's autistic so is always a little behind others his age in the shows he likes watching. He has always had absolutely horrible taste in television so I know all the horrors of 2010s children's television even though I don't have children myself. My stepmom and I finally managed to wean him off that whiny monster Caillou a couple of years ago. He never did like Yo Gabba Gabba, thank goodness.

I'll sit and watch Max and Ruby with him for hours though. That Max is my kind of guy.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And I just managed to trade my shift tonight for shifts next Wednesday and Thursday. I'm sure I will regret that decision next week but I'm pleased with it right now. Think I'll go to an AA meeting tonight. And the good Chinese food place I was talking about earlier is only another six or eight blocks away from the meeting...hmm...
Old 04-19-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Arthur the Aardvark was my favorite kids show they watched. Did tons and tons of Disney. Had to do Blue's Clues for a bit. Hated it.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Re-Member

OK. Only two hours after I said I was going to do so, I'm leaving the house too.

I love you guys. Who would have thought that talking about crappy children's television would help keep me sober?

I'll check back in later.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Caillou is a little SOB!!! I hate that kid! I'm pretty sure he's inbred, I think mom and dad "Doris and Boris" are brother and sister

Whew! Good save Kings! Hopefully we'll tie up the series next game.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Tried to talk to DH. Big mistake. Now I'm really angry. HALT(S). Damn, now I really REALLY want to drink!
Old 04-19-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I'm here had to get so some to take my daughter to school today, I'm hurting from all the cleaning I did yesterday. Had some problems and had to make a call into the docs office the nurse said I'm overdoing it and need to get my but in bet for a bit. Since I was down a few more lbs today (now i have lost over 20 in 6 days) I'm laying here eating a nice fattening burger. I asked the nurse about that and she said since my body is healing it's burning more calories. My hubby works in a restraunt and when he is a manager he gets fre lunch so he is keeping me stocked up food lol. He wants to make sure I have food I will eat haha I love the food at the place he works. So I guess the combination of not drinking and my body burning more calories s the cause of such a huge weight loss it's just crazy I haven't weighed this little in years.
The bird visit went well had a ton of questions I got answered and just have to take in our baby budgie for a poop test. Than we should be hearing back hopefully in the beggening of May with something that will fit into our home. I also volunteered my time as a photographer to go in and take some nice pics of all the adoptable birds. I really like that since I have been recovering and had to reschedule all my shoots and have not been booking any recent stuff due to the cancer. Right now I don't know when when I will be back to shooting so I should probably be using that time to,update my website lol since I'm just laying here but oy that's a pain in the but I'd much rather take and edit pics of birdies lol.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Caillou is a little SOB!!! I hate that kid! I'm pretty sure he's inbred, I think mom and dad "Doris and Boris" are brother and sister

Whew! Good save Kings! Hopefully we'll tie up the series next game.
My kids loved that show we outgrew it a few years ago thank god. We have also done a wiggles concert and the kids liked yo gabba gabba as well. Now we have moved on to Mickey mouse and sponge bob which are idiots as well I don't know which I hate the most.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

He's taken Charlie for a walk and I am desperately trying not to get the car keys and drive into town. I didn't know that I had this much anger in me, but now it's turning into some kind of panic attack where I don't know whether to cry or scream or throw things or kill myself. I was afraid that this would happen, that I eventually would reach this point. Breaking point, snapping point, whatever you want to call it. I'm there.