Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 10

Old 04-19-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Yes it's only 1230 where I am!! Eek.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
You played a big part in it, Bobbie. When I posted here I was hoping someone would answer me and help me overcome this urge, and you did. You saved me.
Well, I'm glad I'm obsessed with SR, then. Next time, you get to help me.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm happy I only have to stay strong for ninety more minutes, then everything is closed. And then there's tomorrow...
Old 04-19-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Aw, Fabela. Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Try to enjoy your night with your kids and pets. Relax with knitting and SR.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Did I mention that I have to change my entire wardrobe? I can't have black clothes anymore, or brown or grey or blue or any other color than beige, apparently. They all turn into beige anyway, actually it's more of a golden hue, thanks to Charlie. How is it possible to lose so much hair, and still have so much left?
Old 04-19-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. I had on a black sweater at work the other day. Apparently my dog had been laying on it. I was embarrassed. Goofy dog.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning, March Madness! I mean, I guess it's technically still morning since it's 11:40 am here. I ended up staying up watching television until three in the morning so slept in for a bit today. I don't know if anyone else here watches Better Call Saul but last night was amazing and now I'm bummed that it'll be almost a year probably before I get to see another episode.

I work this evening and then off for two days. Going to the library to return some books after I write this post. I'll probably grab lunch somewhere after that. I want Chinese food but the best in town is so far away. I don't know if I want to ride my bike that far. Probably not. Or I could just get Chinese food from a place that's not quite the best in town but still decent and much closer. Decisions...

Or maybe I'm just hungry for anything at all, because your combination of ice cream and coffee sounds pretty darn delicious right now, immri. Hope your studying was more successful after that combo.

Good morning, Fabela! Glad you're telling on yourself. Drinking is not a solution. Please post in here once a minute if that's what it takes to keep you from taking that first drink. And one month wasn't your first goal, if I remember correctly. It was to stay sober through your husband going out of town, wasn't it? And then you changed it to one month. Successfully. Why not change it again to two months? Stay close. You're in my thoughts. You deserve a sober life. We all do.

Hooray! samantha14 is back from her trip. I totally understand that feeling of "I had fun but..." wanting to get back to your routine after a vacation. Glad to have you back with us!

You and your family are most definitely in my prayers if that's what you need, ladyboo.

Sorry to hear you decided to drink, LoftyIdeals, but glad you're right back here with us. Remember that SR is here 24/7--give the good folks here a chance to help you the next time drinking seems like a solution. Sometimes just admitting those feelings to another person who understands addiction is enough to cause the thoughts to go away. Anyways, good on you for not hiding away but getting right back to where you need to be. You're in my thoughts today...

Have a wonderful day, beerbgone! Thanks for always being here.

That's a cool moment about the breathalyzer and your daughter, Bobbieka. Stick close while your husband's away. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. And I know for me when I drink again after a longer period of sobriety (month or more, I'd say), the big lie I usually tell myself isn't that I've retrained myself to drink properly, it's that alcohol wasn't really the problem in the first place. That it was my lying or stealing or this person or that job or basically anything but my drinking. My addiction talks me into believing that since these problem(s) of the moment have gone away, that I can now drink again and I won't go overboard this time. It's a lie. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Truth is my drinking is not the only problem in my life, but it's the one that ties everything else together and either causes or makes worse all those other issues. My life is better when I don't drink. Period. I need to always remember that.

Good on you for admitting to those thoughts here, Applekat. Stick close. Post once a minute if that's what it takes. Make sure you're not hungry. And don't go buy that poison. If you don't have it, you can't drink it. Drinking is not a "break," it's a prison sentence for us.

Congrats on day 9, Missy7! Have a wonderful day.

Sorry to see a few people hurting today but glad they're not giving up. Seriously--stick close. Post here a million times. Start an SOS post on the Newcomers board as well. Just don't drink. You came here to SR for a reason--drinking is not the answer.

Heading out to run those errands and eat. I'll be back shortly.

Would love to hear from KiKi0615 and forabetterlife and Pelagic263 and LillianGish and Kayak63sc and Jemma44 and anyone else who hasn't checked in today. My apologies to anyone I didn't mention by name. I'm old and my memory has lots of temporary holes in it. Please forgive me.

Remember you always have the power of choice. You do not have to take that first drink today no matter what!
Old 04-19-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just sitting here catching up on posts while little bug naps on me. If only she would nap in her crib (like most babies do) - I could get so much done.

It's another beautiful day here so think I will take her for a walk later. These beautiful warm days, after a cold winter, are such a trigger for me. Sometimes (a lot lately) I just feel like I can't do this

Thinking of you all, especially those of you who are struggling today. Will check back in later.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congrats on 51 days, AppleKat. I threw in the towel once at 54 days and hated myself for it. You know you will too and it won't be worth it. You can do this!
Old 04-19-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you checked in Ladybug! I had just edited my post to add your name to my "please check in" list. I am glad to edit it back out!

While it would be nice if Abbybug napped in a crib, you'll long for those days when she snuggled with you later on. Enjoy them while you can! Of course that's easy for me to say without being stuck in a chair with a sleeping baby when I've got other things I want to do, right?

Enjoy your walk. And you CAN do this. If I can do this, anyone can. Stick close. We're stronger together.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=CaseyW;5912837]That's a cool moment about the breathalyzer and your daughter, Bobbieka. Stick close while your husband's away. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. And I know for me when I drink again after a longer period of sobriety (month or more, I'd say), the big lie I usually tell myself isn't that I've retrained myself to drink properly, it's that alcohol wasn't really the problem in the first place. That it was my lying or stealing or this person or that job or basically anything but my drinking. My addiction talks me into believing that since these problem(s) of the moment have gone away, that I can now drink again and I won't go overboard this time. It's a lie. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Truth is my drinking is not the only problem in my life, but it's the one that ties everything else together and either causes or makes worse all those other issues. My life is better when I don't drink. Period. I need to always remember that.

When I was in the hospital in October, (okay, psych ward) my husband was there and my kids and they were talking to me about quitting drinking and going to meetings. I looked at them like they had extra heads. My only problem was depression and anxiety, not drinking. I was definitely trying blame every other thing before drinking. I would rather have psychological problems than say I'm an alcoholic. It seems crazy now. Crazy being the operative word here.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks, Casey! You are right ... I will miss these days. Guess laundry and other boring chores can wait
Old 04-19-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

LB I am with you on the beautiful days. Big trigger. I caved last time on a good run at day 61. Also with you on the baby. My little one is having major nighttime sleep issues. And whenever I finally have her asleep. And in her crib. And climb back into my cozy bed for the umpteenth time that night, one of the other kids sticks their face in my face needing something. Lovvvvve them. And individually it's all good. But all together, I'm just a walking zombie.

All of a sudden my mind has gone crazy. Thinking about the future. How can I possibly finally go on vacations with my hubby and not enjoy wine together. What about when we finally finally get to Napa like we've talked about before. These are all down the road since kids are so little.

I think I have to get back to thinking only about today. It's too much right now.

Thanks for letting me vent guys.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

AK, I totally get what you're saying about your mind going crazy thinking about the future and not being able to drink. I keep thinking about when my kids are older and it's just hubby and me. We used to enjoy drinking together and now I worry that everything will get boring. You're right - I think we just need to worry about today.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
All of a sudden my mind has gone crazy. Thinking about the future. How can I possibly finally go on vacations with my hubby and not enjoy wine together. What about when we finally finally get to Napa like we've talked about before. These are all down the road since kids are so little.

I think I have to get back to thinking only about today. It's too much right now.

Thanks for letting me vent guys.
I can identify completely with this. In fact, I'm pretty sure when I drank again after my wonderful 145 days of sobriety last year that the final justification that I gave myself right before I bought that wine was, "Well, I want to go visit my friend Sandra in Hawaii someday and there's no way I'm not drinking with her in Hawaii." I used a hypothetical 8,000-mile round trip that I might make in ten years to see an old drinking buddy to justify a drink today. That was pure insanity.

Keep on venting, Applekat. Just don't go buy that poison. Don't believe the lies your addiction is trying to sell you. They come at a huge cost.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How are you doing, Fabela?
Old 04-19-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Would love to hear from Keets today too. Good luck with the visit from the bird adoption people!
Old 04-19-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
How are you doing, Fabela?
I'm OK. Went for a walk with Charlie and now DH is back. Disaster averted.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good for you, Fabela!!
Old 04-19-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I had to get up at 4am to take my husband to airport. I have to work for 3 1/2 more hours. You guys should talk about nonsensical stuff to keep me awake. Am hitting a wall. Would like to be George Costanza and crawl under my desk to take a nap.