Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 10

Old 04-19-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Morning, BBG!

Lofty, glad to see that you made it back to us.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lofty get back on that horse. Hiccups are normal. Just remember that alcohol does not improve anything!!!
Old 04-19-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Lofty get back on that horse. Hiccups are normal. Just remember that alcohol does not improve anything!!!
Yeah, Lofty, what he said.

Prayers being sent up for you Ladyboo.

Hey, Samantha. Welcome back. Glad you had a good time.

Good morning, Applekat and BBG.

BBG watches BBT. Sorry, I might be the only one that thinks that is funny.

Good afternoon, Fabela

Hey all. Dropped my husband at airport this morning. My first thought was to get something to drink for later. Habits. I went by my house before coming to work and my daughter was getting ready for school. I showed her a breathalyzer that I keep in a kitchen drawer. She was a little surprised, but looked at me different and nodded. I feel like we made some steps toward healing. So, on that note, Happy Sober Tuesday. Will talk to you all later. Love you guys bunches and thanks for keeping me sober.

Good night, Immri and Dee.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Yeah, Lofty, what he said.

BBG watches BBT. Sorry, I might be the only one that thinks that is funny.
I giggled out loud!!!
Old 04-19-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Bobbie my hubby is out of town too and last night I found myself wishing for a bottle of wine. And now I have one outing today with *only* one kiddo and could easily stop by for some.

I really want to stay strong. We have a family vacation early May and I want to be completely sober instead of itching for fun drinks.

Day 51. True to my nature, hit a nice round number yesterday. Feeling the temptation now.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Stay strong, Apple. It's not worth it.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Applekat, I have been reading past posts of people who have gone a long time and then drank again. Was going to read yours next, if you don't care. The common thread I see is that people start thinking they are not alcoholics, that they retrained themselves somehow so now they can drink like everyone else. I was drinking so much at the end. I keep reading these so that I stay diligent. I think for a while anyway, I am going to have to keep reminding myself that I am an alcoholic and I don't drink.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Kiki--I still get the "we discussed that" from my husband too. Of course I can say the same thing and he is not a blackout drinker. LOL

Day 9 here...but I probably have 55 out of the last 60 sober. I feel dangerously good and hope all is well for all us marchers.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey, Missy! Day 9 is awesome. Your last 2 months sound awesome also! I do that to my husband - he doesn't remember anything. He says I make stuff up. If I were going to make stuff up, it would be a lot more fun than you said you were paying that bill, etc.

Glad you are feeling you good. Have a great day!
Old 04-19-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm sad and feeling meh. I'm tired of being strong. I want to show the world that I can't do this, so they can lower their expectations of me. My initial goal was to stay sober for one month and I achieved that goal. Now I just want to take a break from myself. I want to get a few beers, but I have made a promise to myself that I post here before I do something, so here I am. I'm telling on myself.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have given myself fifteen minutes, then I'll go.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It's not about anyone else's expectations. Would it really make you feel better? I don't think so. I think you would be really disappointed in yourself. Who cares what anyone else thinks? You need to take care of you and not worry about others or others opinions.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

15 minutes.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Okay.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Still here. Thinking of the kids. Can't have them worrying about me again.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Fabela - sorry we are feeling similarly. I am still here too.

I don't want to say I'm not an alcoholic and try to moderate. I just want a day off. I want to let go. I want a break. Sobriety is great. Full of rewards. But I'm still exhausted. Still pulled in every different direction. And I'm a smart person. I know some wine will only make all that worse. Doesn't stop the fact that I have these occasional bad days and cravings. I'm trying to work through it.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Way to be strong, Fabela and ride that one out. Kids are a great reason. You showed some real power today. I know you don't feel like it, but you really did.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Fabela - sorry we are feeling similarly. I am still here too.

I don't want to say I'm not an alcoholic and try to moderate. I just want a day off. I want to let go. I want a break. Sobriety is great. Full of rewards. But I'm still exhausted. Still pulled in every different direction. And I'm a smart person. I know some wine will only make all that worse. Doesn't stop the fact that I have these occasional bad days and cravings. I'm trying to work through it.
I'm so glad we're both here. Trying to overcome that urge was so tiring and I almost feel like going to bed, but that's not an option. I'll be sticking close to SR tonight, to keep myself accountable.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Way to be strong, Fabela and ride that one out. Kids are a great reason. You showed some real power today. I know you don't feel like it, but you really did.
You played a big part in it, Bobbie. When I posted here I was hoping someone would answer me and help me overcome this urge, and you did. You saved me.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

My first thought after dropping off my husband was, wow, I made it while he was home, now I can take a break. Seems to be wanting a day off is the theme today.