Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 9

Old 04-13-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I actually just got your msg right after checking in lol.
Yeah still not a huge ice cream fan so no big deal lol
I have just been pushing myself too hard the last few days and it kicked my but so I just needed to kind of rover from that. I forget having major surgery even 2 weeks later I still need to take it easy. I was just feeling like superwoman for a few days than I just hit a wall lol.

Im still here and sober and besides you liked my bird story lol your stuck with the 30 year old crazy bird lady lol
Old 04-13-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

So I was just reading forward from that link to part 2 of our class that I posted earlier and found this from KiKi about an hour and a half after I first joined this class. It made me laugh out loud:

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Welcome Casey!!! I like to post a lot too!!! ;-)
It was extra funny to me because it was KiKi's 9th post (out of 13 total) in a row in a few minute's time, doing her usual wonderful KiKi thing responding to everyone.

I love you guys. It's crazy to think I know you so well and you're all so important to me after only one month.

Those of you who are struggling--go back and read some of our old class threads. We've got a good thing going here, something special, all of us. Use that as part of your recovery moving forward!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I read that today. I was laughing also. We're a pretty comical bunch when we're not depressed.

Speaking of that, Keets, alprozolam is Xanax. Just use it as prescribed. Does your dr. Know you have a drinking problem? 18 days is fantastic, by the way.

Casey, congratulations on your one month chip. I like the idea of a shadow box to display them. That's what I did with my race medals. Made me happy to look at my accomplishments. Yours will do that also.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
I read that today. I was laughing also. We're a pretty comical bunch when we're not depressed.

Speaking of that, Keets, alprozolam is Xanax. Just use it as prescribed. Does your dr. Know you have a drinking problem? 18 days is fantastic, by the way.

Casey, congratulations on your one month chip. I like the idea of a shadow box to display them. That's what I did with my race medals. Made me happy to look at my accomplishments. Yours will do that also.
Yes he does,that was the first thing we talked about, because I'm coming off the pain meds and starting with the insomnia crap again. It is supposed to be temporary till the celexa takes full effect. I told him my goal was to be able to not fall back into the drinkimg now that sleep is becoming an issue again. He didn't just throw it at me but thinks it's a good plan on a starting point. I don't want to become addicted and I told him that so I'm sure he is keeping a close eye on me. I didn't know it was Xanax till after I took it and was researching it. Is that something that is bad? My last dr gave me Valium and I was fine when I lost it also generic I did t know what it was till I reaserched it and found out long term can cause addiction.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

We're a pretty comical bunch when we're not depressed.
Our new class motto!

While recovery is life or death business, I do think it's important that we all remember life in sobriety can be fun too.

Once again, so happy to have met all of you. I'm feeling darn sentimental tonight, I think. Kinda feel like that annoying drunk guy at the bar who won't stop telling everyone he loves them over and over again. I swear I'm sober, guys!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Can be addictive. Am sure he knows what he's doing. Absolutely do not drink while taking Xanax. The combination is not good. You're sounding good tonight.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Can be addictive. Am sure he knows what he's doing. Absolutely do not drink while taking Xanax. The combination is not good. You're sounding good tonight.
No way,I'm not going to drink in the first place. Thanks I'm starting to feel a little better, dr at post op appt said I still,need to take it easy though I'm still healing. I need to follow that advice and I'm old lol
Old 04-13-2016, 10:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Old. Lol. I've got 20 years on you and feel immature most of the time.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Old. Lol. I've got 20 years on you and feel immature most of the time.
Haha that was supposed to,say good not old. I feel old though with everything my body has gone through
Old 04-13-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=CaseyW;5903777

Once again, so happy to have met all of you. I'm feeling darn sentimental tonight, I think. Kinda feel like that annoying drunk guy at the bar who won't stop telling everyone he loves them over and over again. I swear I'm sober, guys![/QUOTE]

Cool. Looks like we get fun Casey tonight.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Re-Member

The fun Casey is going to bed. Thanks again for keeping me sober today. Talk to everyone in the morning.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Lol the comical bunch when not depressed thing had me laughing out loud
Old 04-13-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good night casey

I'm home after a longgggg day, I was actually really depressed all day but I feel better after getting on here, chatting to my family and cuddling with my dog
Time to get a coffee
Old 04-13-2016, 11:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good morning, class. Day 30 is here, cold and sunny. The kids are at school and Charlie has been walked. Now I need a few minutes to myself with my favorite people, before getting ready for work.

Congratulations on your 1 month chip, Casey! Good job! I'm right behind you. And I love, love, love your long posts.
FABL, hang in there. The hard work begins now, and it's going to take a lot of effort to do this, but you're worth it!
Kiki, I'm sure it is a HUGE sign that you got that first post!
Hope you have a good night's sleep, BBG.
Purpl, road trip? I'm in! But only if I can have ice cream when you guys are running the 5k.
I'm sorry for your loss, PR.
Lofty, looking forward to seeing you on your day 9.
Good to see you, Keets, I'm happy to hear that you are doing fine!
immri, glad to hear that you feel better after that long, depressing day.
Bobbie, big hug for you.

I wish you all a very nice day!
Old 04-14-2016, 12:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oh wow fabela congrats on day 30!!
Old 04-14-2016, 12:04 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Oh wow fabela congrats on day 30!!
Thanks, Immri! It feels very weird, I have to admit.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It's day 21 for me and I am headed in to work. I still feel pretty tired and run-down this morning but I am hoping to gain some energy as the day progresses....

Happy Thursday!!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:11 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Fabela - congrats on day 30!! 🎉
Old 04-14-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Fabela - congrats on day 30!! 🎉
Thanks!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

You're just one week behind me, Sam! Three weeks!