Notices

One Year & Over Part 37

Old 04-24-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all,
Yep thanks for the video Dee, there are always folks we missed on the way.

Sassy, while I was in service during Vietnam, I started out as a medic, infection control, and scrub tech from 1971-1975 in air conditioned comfort here in the Shreveport LA area. I never set foot in a combat zone because later, when I cross trained to Small Arms Marksmanship Training Unit, we trained those who went and checked/fixed/zeroed their weapons before they went and repaired and inspected them for storage on the way back. When we tried to volunteer to be there for our troops we were told that we were more valuable to arm the folks going and returning and to do base defense. I trained the pilots on their survival self defense pistols, and the ground crews and cops on theirs. Light and heavy machine guns, shotguns, M-16s with full auto, grenade launchers and grenade machine guns and the pistols and Anti tank armored vehicle rocket launchers. LAWS when I was in. I got to play with guns daily. make loud noises, and blow things up. My job relieved stress. Nothing like doing a couple hundred rounds of full auto timed fire to clear the cobwebs of my mind. We were friends with everyone on base and did lose friends to both war and training/accidents, not on my ranges though.

Sassy, we love jazz and folk rock as well as some new age that falls outside Yanni, who my wife likes, and closer to pop. Like Ray Lynch, listen to this, "Celestial Soda Pop" and then "The Oh Of Pleasure"

We have the Gold series direct to digital classical Greatest Hits albums Like Chopin's Greatest hits etc. I usually set my Windows Media player to random shuffle mode and will get a classical followed by Cream then Ray Lynch and then Manhattan Transfer to Frank Sinatra and . . .

Carlos you dog! I love your laid back reports of life in the land of the geezers! (Hey no offense, I are one!) I have the Bose mini color in mint and it is terrific, your mini's even better on the bass and volume.

FBL, yeah and SNAFU, Charlie Foxtrot (Cluster).
Kenny Wayne Shepherd is a local boy. When I was designing steel buildings before I got bad and sobered up I built eight buildings all with all options, for his dad. A showcase stable for his Dad's ten horses with all the fancy Preifert Stall fronts, concrete floors, clean tack rooms and feed rooms, a well as a big barn and six loafing sheds around the property. His dad is always out of town or out of the country on biz. I met him twice and dealt with his on site property manager the rest of the time. Nice people but buuuusy! I forgot to ask for a CD as he gave them out to the crews one day when he was there and I wasn't.

Wolf,
Dee is right they don't play here.

RZ,
Are those are eyes right? Or are they, EYES RIGHT!

Hi SG, Mags
Old 04-24-2016, 10:17 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs. Hope it's a good Monday for all!
Old 04-24-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good night overs, off to bed. Happy Monday to all!
Old 04-24-2016, 10:32 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning
Old 04-25-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Morning Wolf, Goodnight Wolf.

You too Mags.

Night SG

3AM, gonna hit the rack too.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Good morning
Morning all. A beautiful spring day here in the South coast of Spain. Wishing you a wonderful Monday
Old 04-25-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Looks like a warm, but wet one here today.

My avi is Billy Paul. He just passed away yesterday at the age of 81. I was six going-on seven when I heard "Me And Mrs. Jones" for the very first time. I was too young to know exactly what the lyrics meant, but the song burned in my mind and really helped turn a little white kid from suburban Minnesota into an R&B fan. Thanks, Billy.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Magsie

Just heard the news fbl. Great song that.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Do your best

RIP Billy Paul

Is it me or recognised people just keep dying this year, I get it a part of life etc but it's only 3/4 hrough April ??

Sad man it just seems unreal the volume of people this year already

Me & Mrs Jones - excellent song
Old 04-25-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Lovely morning, Overs!

Itchy, I've never heard Ray Lynch before and like it. Still expanding my tastes, thanks.

FBL, this seems to be a really horrendous year for musicians. Every morning when I see you have a new avi I know what's coming. So sad!

Hi IP, SG, Amp, Mags, Wolfie, RZ, MesaMan, Toots, Carlos, FG, Dee and everyone else
Old 04-25-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

not eyes itch!

there are so many great covers of mrs jones too
Old 04-25-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It is crazy how many great musicians have passed this year. Yet Keith Richards lives on!

I just started his autobiography. Maybe I will find the key to life in it and I will share it with you all.

I'm guessing it doesn't involve the SR lifestyle. Just a hunch.

Back off to work. Have a great Monday/Tues all!
Old 04-25-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Overs.
I didn't get the job that I wanted.
Oh well.
I am familiar with the second meaning of rack Itchy, thanks. I have a feeling that most of the women are.
500 miles, right, heh heh. I knew that!
Lovely weather here! Just keeps on going.
The northern job option is still on the table, and I am torn because I don't want to leave my family and friends AGAIN, but working up in way northern Canada is very, very enticing to my adventurous spirit and also my professional one as I think there are probably some amazing stories to tell.
I would be able to travel to Nunavut, Inuvik, many remote locations. Hard to pass up an opportunity to go where many won't but also I've been enjoying living with my friends and living the good life in this groovy little neighbourhood of Vancouver.
SIGHHH tough choices!!!!! Input is welcome. It seems like I'm forever sitting at crossroads.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, best of luck whatever you decide. I couldn't move around nearly as much as you do, but to each his/her own.

Dee's recent post got me thinking about Roy Buchanan. He was another one that died too young (killed himself at age 48). Man, that guy could play! Every year on Halloween I pull out his cover version of "Haunted House." He could even make a silly novelty song sound great:

Old 04-25-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm sorry IP all il say is follow your heart x

For anyone who caught Louis Theroux last night I found a update on one of the people who featured

Alcoholic on Louis Theroux TV film Joe Walker has now been sober for six months | Daily Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-drinking.html
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

IP, sorry you didn't get the job you wanted. I hope you'll find something you'll enjoy.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Welcome Stargazer!

Hello Overs! Trying Monday here, but things can only get better
Old 04-25-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

The problem with following my heart is it doesn't seem to know what it wants, either. I mean, do I follow my gut, my heart or my brain? They all seem to be rather confused at the moment. Maybe I should write a pro/con list.

I know, was thinking last night, that David Bowie, Prince and Michael Jackson are all gone now.....legends of funk and rock, all three.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 04-25-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

Wolfie I saw the Louis Theroux programme today, hubby had taped it for me last night. How sad! But good news about Jo. It makes you think though and not rest on our laurels. He'd been sober 4 years before his last bout. My husband had no sympathy at all for them, no empathy, he just didn't understand, pretty much like I've heard other people talk, then again he did enable me for a while.

Inpar sorry you didn't get your job! I'm sure you'll make best decision for yourself.