SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2016 Part 15 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/389038-class-february-2016-part-15-a.html)

jobei 04-15-2016 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Badger07 (Post 5906473)
Del and Jobei. You are Warriors along with the rest of us. Dont forget that. Being scared just plain sucks. To share your feelings takes immense strength. To quit drink takes real courage. You two along with the others bring me support, peace and happiness as we go through this together. And I need it. Seriously. You are good enough for me.

Thanks we need more ppl like you and the rest of the class in our lives!!

Applekat 04-15-2016 04:04 PM

OT congrats on 2 months tomorrow friend! You're doing awesome!!

Badger07 04-15-2016 04:09 PM

Hello Applekat.

Applekat 04-15-2016 04:22 PM

:wave:

JL2014 04-15-2016 05:46 PM

Hiya apple
Had pizza with the boys. Mommys still really hurting inside. She went shipping with a friend and staying at her moms tonight to get a break from the kids. I've got to get the boys up a little early and get them off to granny's house before going to my emt job.
I'm still praying for her to heal. Baby steps on that note.
Sober and I'd be lonely if my little men weren't so entertaining. They give me hugs, no matter how many times I ask.
It kills me not to see them during the week, but my wife's just not able to handle them in the evenings so she stays at her moms 3 nights. I go play with them after work then fly home and clean up for early bed/early rise.
Cuts like a blade when I leave.
Sober is where I need to be or I'd be of my rocker for real ! Haha
Good night SR friends !

PHRD 04-15-2016 06:03 PM

Working my way through todays posts. Thanks for the well wishes. I went to the drs yesterday and she said to fill the antibiotic only after another 4-5 days if not feeling well and gave me a cough syrup with codeine to sleep. The pain was so nad today I filled both prescriptions. So hopefully I'll be back to feeling good soon. :-)

Dee74 04-15-2016 06:19 PM

hey guys

been out a few days - took a fall. back on deck now. Will catch up progressively :)

D

D

PHRD 04-15-2016 06:20 PM

JL shopping sounds encouraging. Great posts everyone. Ive never eaten dove or seen a badger. I forget who owns two businesses but Im going crazy with one - cant imagine two and the energy for a career change. OT congrats on two months! Thats 1/6th of a year of your life! So cool! Saying hi to people I forget to say hi to. Hi Auggie! Hi Badger!

OldTomato 04-16-2016 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5907115)
hey guys

been out a few days - took a fall. back on deck now. Will catch up progressively :)

D

D

Hope everything's alright Dee, go steady.

OldTomato 04-16-2016 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by PHRD (Post 5907090)
Working my way through todays posts. Thanks for the well wishes. I went to the drs yesterday and she said to fill the antibiotic only after another 4-5 days if not feeling well and gave me a cough syrup with codeine to sleep. The pain was so nad today I filled both prescriptions. So hopefully I'll be back to feeling good soon. :-)

Feeling any better now PHRD?

OldTomato 04-16-2016 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by JL2014 (Post 5907060)
Hiya apple
Had pizza with the boys. Mommys still really hurting inside. She went shipping with a friend and staying at her moms tonight to get a break from the kids. I've got to get the boys up a little early and get them off to granny's house before going to my emt job.
I'm still praying for her to heal. Baby steps on that note.
Sober and I'd be lonely if my little men weren't so entertaining. They give me hugs, no matter how many times I ask.
It kills me not to see them during the week, but my wife's just not able to handle them in the evenings so she stays at her moms 3 nights. I go play with them after work then fly home and clean up for early bed/early rise.
Cuts like a blade when I leave.
Sober is where I need to be or I'd be of my rocker for real ! Haha
Good night SR friends !

I'm glad you're sober JL, and it's great that you had the company of the boys.
I'm really hoping your wife will get some help and take it seriously.

OldTomato 04-16-2016 01:38 AM

Two months today! Thanks for the congrats Sansa, Apple and PHRD. I feel like a completely different person. My brain's actually working now and I'm not a poison in peoples' lives. I feel so guilty about the things I did while I was drinking, I can apologise until I'm blue in the face but the best thing I can do is stay sober.

Congrats to Auggie as well!

ItsViolet 04-16-2016 02:29 AM

Congrats OT!!!

Hope you feel better soon Dee.

Just popping in to say hi to everyone before bed. It's been almost two weeks of this illness and I've had to miss work (with doctors order) and still don't feel right. Worried about my asthma but I'm trying to do things to help it like breathing exercises, improved diet, and minimizing stress as much as possible. It seems I'm slowly recovering, I was able to go to some meetings and do yoga today. Other than that, feeling pretty positive. Glad to be sober.

OldTomato 04-16-2016 02:56 AM

Thank you Violet.

It's great that you're doing things to make yourself feel better. I hope things get back on track for you soon. Hang in there. :hug:

SansaS 04-16-2016 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Badger07 (Post 5906709)
Hello Sansa. I forgot to say hello to you today.

Hello back at you Badger! You are doing so well. What an inspiration. What is the main difference you've noticed in your sober life?

SansaS 04-16-2016 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5907115)
hey guys been out a few days - took a fall. back on deck now. Will catch up progressively :) D D

Hope you're ok Dee?

Dee74 04-16-2016 03:03 AM

congrats on 2 months OT and to anyone elses anniversaries I've missed over the last few days :)

I'm fine thanks SansaS - takes more than a fall to stop me for long ;)

Time for a new thread tho :)
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-16-a.html

D