Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 8

Old 04-07-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Fortunately, the tooth doesn't hurt, but if I was told I would have to pay $800 an hour for an anesthesiologist, my head would throb! Yikes, that is expensive, surely your insurance will pick up most of the tab? I had oral surgery several years ago with "twilight sleep" and only paid my % portion of the bill.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Ok, I'm throwing my lot in my with head hurting bunch!

And man, I feel for everyone with a toothache, headache, heartache, cold/flu, possible PAWS and sick loved ones.

Our group is going through some tough times right now---Hugs to everyone
Old 04-07-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by mav View Post
Sounds like a pretty great evening to me. I love evenings out now where I'm not slavishly tied to getting as much booze down my neck before last orders.

I'm with you on the early morning revelation.

You're going strong man. Keep it up sir.
Well, I wasn't headed out hunting booze anyway, y'know? I just wanted to.play a little guitar. But between my own mood, and knowing how the regulars are like there, staying home seemed the best bet.

Mixed bag here tonight -- I almost finished the speaker cab, and ordered a nice little amp for it -- but a spill has my laptop kerfuffled. I'll turn it upside-down and if the fluid doesn't drain or evaporate..

Hope yall all have a great evening.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey Thumpa, my daughter spilled a water bottle in her computer bag last year and thoroughly soaked her laptop, the school laptop and her cell phone. I took the back off of both laptops and carefully wrapped each in paper towels, and taped the sides to secure. I then filled a plastic storage container with enough rice to cover both laptops (closed, with paper towel covered bottoms facing down) and set them aside for two days. After that, I took them out, removed the paper towels and tee-peed stood them in front of a fan for another day. It worked! I had insurance on the phone so she was able to swap it out for another.

Good luck with the laptop!
Old 04-07-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Odelle's method worked for me too

D
Old 04-08-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies! Wishing everyone a happy Friday and a good start to a relaxing weekend.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Well this has finally floored me and I've spent much of the day in bed. Totally run down.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

It's starting up, but the keyboard is FUBAR, I think. I bought this one three years ago for $300 -- it's still running Vista Business, so it's time to upgrade anyway.

Also, I got a phone call this mornng from the Guitar Center where I orders my amp. It had been sold to someone else about an hour before I ordered it. Hmph.

I'll get an amp next week, then. This one was my second choice anyway, I only pulled the trigger because it was a great deal. I'll find my first choice by then, no doubt.

I hope all here are having a great day, will catch up in a bit.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Mav. Plenty of fluids, plenty of bed rest, and eat light but eat.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Get well soon, mav
Old 04-08-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Fortunately, the tooth doesn't hurt, but if I was told I would have to pay $800 an hour for an anesthesiologist, my head would throb! Yikes, that is expensive, surely your insurance will pick up most of the tab? I had oral surgery several years ago with "twilight sleep" and only paid my % portion of the bill.
My dental won't cover any of the anesthesiologist, I will be opting for the twilight as long as cardio clears me. My entire heart procedure and a stay at the hospital cost me $10, an hour at the oral surgeon will cost several $100-1000 depending on what happens when they remove the tooth.

I'll be holding off a little longer!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

MAV, sorry you aren't feeling well, hope you start to feel better soon!!

Thump, I have done the rice thing with my phone a few times, it does work.

My daughter had an audition for her next show tonight, callbacks list will be emailed out tomorrow morning by 10:00, and then they need to be there by 2:00 if they received a callback. Always a stressful weekend as there are only a certain amount of lead roles. Theater is the best way to prepare for dealing with disappointments in life at an early age!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday night.

❤️ Delilah
Old 04-09-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

MAV--sorry you're sick. - Take good care of you. Thumps advice sounds right on.
And Congrats on your 100 Days!!

Delilah---sticker shock on your tooth procedure! Prayers that you get the approval from cardio for the twilight. How's your mother? Does she go in this Monday?

Odelle--ouch on the broken tooth and on bread? It must have been really ready to go. And for what it's worth, agree with you it's better to happen now than during your first few weeks of work. Hope you have a nice new pearly soon! Guess what? We start our new jobs on the same day...let's check in at the end of the day and have some Cake!

Hi all Jannies --- wishing everyone a peaceful Sober day or evening-
Old 04-09-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Bandi, how super awesome is it that we begin our new jobs on the same date? Deal, we may be hours apart, but let's check in and share some details along with cyber cake!

Another wet day here in sunny California, but I love the rain when we get it! I hope everyone is able to get some much needed R & R this weekend.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Day 100-

Ok, new job update. But first, a big Thank You to everyone who wished me well and sent good vibes my way during this process It really meant a lot to me! And Odelle and I start on the same day so woo-hoo for us. Sunflower--hope you're up next-

Lol, MAV with your "You're killing us Bandi" comment.- I meant no suspense, but did want to think about the offer before signing on the dotted line.

My career has always been a large part of my identity and for the most part I love what I do. But it is a very stressful field and one that I can't 'turn off' at the end of the day. So I had to consider how a new job and the accompanying stress will affect my sobriety and reached the conclusion that my sobriety work will always come first. If it doesn't, then I'm right back where I was and that wasn't a good place.

Good vibes and prayers for this new phase in my sober life will always be welcome. Love my Janny class! Take care everyone

On a side note, some former colleagues wanted to celebrate my new job and although it was very nice, from where I sat the wine list was written on the wall so every time I looked up, there IT was. How ironic! Glad to report there was no thought of drinking and I really enjoyed the conversation, good food and my herbal tea.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Bandi, how super awesome is it that we begin our new jobs on the same date? Deal, we may be hours apart, but let's check in and share some details along with cyber cake!

Another wet day here in sunny California, but I love the rain when we get it! I hope everyone is able to get some much needed R & R this weekend.
Super Awesome Indeed!! Glad we're doing this together!-
Old 04-09-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 100 days, Bandi!
Old 04-09-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Odelle - you kicked alcohol and nicotine pretty much at the same time! That is awesome! Many can't accomplish that feat! The ladies that were in rehab with me claim cigarettes as their saving grace while trying to kick the alcohol!
Old 04-09-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies!

I am excited to be celebrating 100 days today!!!

I am honored to share this milestone with Bandi, Mav, and Pedro. I hope I am not missing anyone!!!

I just spent the morning running lines with my daughter. She has callbacks at 2:00, hopefully she will get a good part.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!!
Old 04-09-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Bandi, my mom goes in on Monday. I hope she gets the results quickly.