Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 8

Old 04-06-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Delilah, I'm sending prayers and love for you and your Dear Mum... My Mum is my everything(along with my boys) so can't begin to imagine what you're going through. Stay strong, and don't forget to look after yourself too through this...

DEE- CONGRATULATIONS!! Sorry I missed it-but well done on 9 years. You're such a true inspiration to every single person on this site... We are extremely lucky to have you xx

Odelle-Well done on your 90 days, and any other milestoners I have missed...

Stillpooh-welcome to our lovely group!!!! x
Old 04-06-2016, 11:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Odelle

thanks very much Nic

D
Old 04-07-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning! Heading to the gym... MAV, U in?!

Well bad news for my aunt. She lives next door at the farm. Wonderful lady. Cancer is back in both lungs. Last year they took out half a lung. You'd never know it by looking/talking to her. Starting a new med called Opdiva. FDA approved about a year ago. Good results doc saying. I'm sure not ready to lose my fave aunt yet. Hope meds work. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer in 2006. That was so sad. Prayers with you Delilah. Meds are so much better today. I sure hope they can help your mom.

Thump - open mic sounds great. I bet that's very therapeutic!

Sun - will look into that hypnosis. Still listening to my MP 3 player.

So nice to have my data back on my phone. I didn't have my glasses yesterday when posting. What a bunch of typos!

Odelle - 90 yay again. Love your ideas on the sugar thread too.

Gotta go for now.

Take care.

Remember that shower I went to ? My kids and I always feel uneasy in "wealthy" places. I tend to get along better with the "help". I tell my kids they are just ppl and most snotty at that. Well....
The help was taking your gift and your purse as u came in. Guess what? They were also ripping your wallet! I don't take my purse into places as I'm always afraid I will leave it as I'm used to not taking it in. So how do u like that!!! Ripping the wallets!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continued good wishes for your aunt Olivia.

D
Old 04-07-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good Morning Jannies,

Olivia, I am sending lots of love and good wishes for your aunt, I am glad she has you there for her.

Nic, it is good to see you, how are you doing?

Getting ready for work now, hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-07-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

I ended up not going out. I wasn't feeling great emotionally and didn't want to be in an environment where I had to deal with both drunk patrons and temptation, so I stayed home and spent the evening -- which was beautiful and warm -- grilling a steak and talking with a dear friend. Just as happy with the evening.

I'm down in Austin on business today. I would have had a hell of a time trying to rise at 5:45 AM in my drinking days, but being able to enjoy an early-morning country drive clear-headed, well, it's real nice.

I hope y'all have great and sober days.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Good Morning Jannies,

Olivia, I am sending lots of love and good wishes for your aunt, I am glad she has you there for her.

Nic, it is good to see you, how are you doing?

Getting ready for work now, hope everyone has a great day!
Delilah- good to be here!! I'm going really well. Hopefully getting stronger each day!! Keep us posted about your Mum honey xx
Old 04-07-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Morning! Heading to the gym... MAV, U in?!

Well bad news for my aunt. She lives next door at the farm. Wonderful lady. Cancer is back in both lungs. Last year they took out half a lung. You'd never know it by looking/talking to her. Starting a new med called Opdiva. FDA approved about a year ago. Good results doc saying. I'm sure not ready to lose my fave aunt yet. Hope meds work. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer in 2006. That was so sad. Prayers with you Delilah. Meds are so much better today. I sure hope they can help your mom.

Thump - open mic sounds great. I bet that's very therapeutic!

Sun - will look into that hypnosis. Still listening to my MP 3 player.

So nice to have my data back on my phone. I didn't have my glasses yesterday when posting. What a bunch of typos!

Odelle - 90 yay again. Love your ideas on the sugar thread too.

Gotta go for now.

Take care.

Remember that shower I went to ? My kids and I always feel uneasy in "wealthy" places. I tend to get along better with the "help". I tell my kids they are just ppl and most snotty at that. Well....
The help was taking your gift and your purse as u came in. Guess what? They were also ripping your wallet! I don't take my purse into places as I'm always afraid I will leave it as I'm used to not taking it in. So how do u like that!!! Ripping the wallets!
Sorry about your Aunt Olivia.... Sending love and hugs your way X
Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Misery loves company? Mav, we can't have you off to the sidelines feeling lousy and suffering from headaches, so I've decided to keep you company. Dang, my head hurts! Advil didn't phase it yesterday, nor did coffee. This morning I hit the big stuff - DayQuil! I hope it kicks in soon, I'm meeting a friend for lunch and we don't get together very often so I don't want this headache as a distraction.

Okay then, we'll get through this together! Oh, I haven't been going to the gym neither, just not feeling "well." PAWS maybe?
Old 04-07-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Miss Bandi, CONGRATULATIONS on the job! I am sooooooo happy for you!

Sunflower, sending more positive vibes your way! I really hope you get the job, it looks like April is the month of growth!

Delilah, my thoughts are with you and extra prayers for you and your mom!

Olivia, prayers for your aunt! I'm sorry you were a victim at what should have been a lovely event. There are bad people in all walks of life and unfortunately our paths do cross occasionally.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!
Old 04-07-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Misery loves company? Mav, we can't have you off to the sidelines feeling lousy and suffering from headaches, so I've decided to keep you company. Dang, my head hurts! Advil didn't phase it yesterday, nor did coffee. This morning I hit the big stuff - DayQuil! I hope it kicks in soon, I'm meeting a friend for lunch and we don't get together very often so I don't want this headache as a distraction.

Okay then, we'll get through this together! Oh, I haven't been going to the gym neither, just not feeling "well." PAWS maybe?
Lol, thanks for the company! Although I am sorry you feel like garbage!

I think I'm on the cusp of being ill, feel like crud today, shivery and then too hot and whatever. I normally avoid all meds but I've had to take some ibuprofen and paracetamol (can't remember what that's called in US) to help, but it makes me nervous as it affects the liver toxicity and mine is still recovering. What totally sucks is when I was drinking I would barely ever get ill! I'm sure a combo of ditching booze and cutting out nicotine (I quit smoking years ago but used other nicotine things since... I dropped all them a month or so ago) and eating too much crap and not doing enough exercise (not that I don't do any, I walk my dogs 3 ish miles every morning rain or shine!) is what's up here... Oh well, must pull myself together!

ANYway... Thanks for the support Odelle, hope you fell better! Olivia thanks for the offer... Rain check? Next time for sure, though.

Hope everyone else is doing well... The big 100 is firmly in sight now!
Old 04-07-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
I ended up not going out. I wasn't feeling great emotionally and didn't want to be in an environment where I had to deal with both drunk patrons and temptation, so I stayed home and spent the evening -- which was beautiful and warm -- grilling a steak and talking with a dear friend. Just as happy with the evening.

I'm down in Austin on business today. I would have had a hell of a time trying to rise at 5:45 AM in my drinking days, but being able to enjoy an early-morning country drive clear-headed, well, it's real nice.

I hope y'all have great and sober days.
Sounds like a pretty great evening to me. I love evenings out now where I'm not slavishly tied to getting as much booze down my neck before last orders.

I'm with you on the early morning revelation.

You're going strong man. Keep it up sir.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hi Jannies! Once officially confirmed I will have some great news to share with you on the job front. Thanks for all your well wishes and good vibes
Come on bandi, you're killing us here!
Old 04-07-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Delilah- good to be here!! I'm going really well. Hopefully getting stronger each day!!
So nice to hear from you Nic and that you're doing so well. We all miss you! X
Old 04-07-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Hmm, sorry all. I appear to have turned into something of a spam engine. I don't get a chance to check SR during the day so it's usually just these 15 minutes ish at bedtime! I would conjoin them all if I was on a laptop, but I'm on an iPad and it's just plain awkward...

Anyway, 98 days down! Cripes.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I must be on a bad streak; I met my friend for lunch and one side of a molar broke off while eating bread. A quick run to the dentist for a temporary patch and back again on Tuesday for another crown. Dang, they are going to start charging boarding fees I'm in there so often. On the bright side, at least this happened now instead of after the 18th, it would be awful having to take time off during your first week on a new job.

Sunny California is getting some much needed rain, so a big pot of soup sounds good, both for the weather and for my tooth!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Bummer Odelle ... And on bread ? Expensive too!

I just ate like a hog again. So glad my husband sober with me. Big craving but I kept thinking about the reality of it. It's not gonna be a nice couple/3 glasses of wine and I know it! So why bother.

Going for a ride with husband.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I must be on a bad streak; I met my friend for lunch and one side of a molar broke off while eating bread. A quick run to the dentist for a temporary patch and back again on Tuesday for another crown. Dang, they are going to start charging boarding fees I'm in there so often. On the bright side, at least this happened now instead of after the 18th, it would be awful having to take time off during your first week on a new job.

Sunny California is getting some much needed rain, so a big pot of soup sounds good, both for the weather and for my tooth!
Ouch that sounds painful- I've had a bad run with my teeth in the last couple of years so can sympathise! Hopefully it's not causing u too much pain :-(
Old 04-07-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning all :-) Happy Friday!! I'm looking forward to the weekend.. It's been a long and busy work week so need some me time. I have some of my youngest sons friends staying over tonight but no other plans for a change which is nice! I'm enjoying The fact that my boys can now have their mates stay here.. Would never have let them before because i didn't want to cut back on my drinking and let's face it- a passed out mum is not ideal with any kids in the house! Feel like my life is slowly changing and it's exciting!!
Hope everyone has an amazing day. Will try and check in at lunch time xx
Old 04-07-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I am at the oral surgeon right now for a consult. I need to have a wisdom tooth pulled, they are trying to clear with cardiology and I may need to be knocked out which means I need to pay the anesthesiologist $800 an hour!!I should have been an anesthesiologist !!