Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 14

Old 04-03-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Love to everyone. Sorry I don't reply to everyone individually, but I do read everything and I care very much for you all. OT, I hope you can find work soon, but maybe look at this time as valuable 'me time', try different meetings if you feel disconnected from the ones you've been to. I get that, I'm not a great meetings person either, I find it hard to fit in, but I've found 1 or 2 that I like better than the others and I stick with them. Have you a sponsor? Sorry, you've probably spoken about this before, but I get so behind with this thread!

For the past 2 days I have woken without anxiety. Prayer and meditation is really helping me to stay more balanced. I'm taking my Mum out for afternoon tea today, looking forward to spending time with her.

Have a great day everyone. Love to all ❤️
I'm using my free time to go on long long walks, it's great. Walking is my meditation. 11.6 miles last week, stepping it up to 15 miles tomorrow. Can't wait. I'm going to try my local young person's meeting when I can next get to it as well, I find the age factor to be a bit of a barrier for me. It shouldn't be but it is. I did have a sponsor for a while but it didn't really work out.

Sounds like you're a lot more peaceful Jeni, enjoy your day, I'm glad you're feeling better.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
This has nothing to do with anything important but. I just so badly wanted to respond to the first three threads in the newcomers forum so they'd read in the following order:

So... I got married yesterday.

Am I making a mistake?

Sex addiction, maybe?

I couldn't help it... I had to share that giggle with someone.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
How is the job search coming OT? Any leads?
Nope, everything's either too far away or I'm under-qualified. That's fine, just gotta keep at it. I'm thinking about an apprenticeship seeing as I'm not going back to college for another two years.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thank you OT. Something WILL come along sooner rather than later.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Did I miss something during Easter? Why did knb leave SR altogether????

Did her AV convince her it wasn't the place for her? AV tries to convince us that help and support is in fact not help and support. All lies.

My AV tries to rough things up a bit.....you know....roughs up calm smooth waters so I pack a sad, or get angry, pick a fight with somebody, or feel emotional or whatever etc.....all designed to get me to reach for a drink because that will calm me down - NOT!
Old 04-03-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
What flavour?! Also, was the movie any good? I was debating whether or not to see it but the reviews weren't all that great.

I had strawberry cheesecake and some sort of cookie dough. Yummy!!!
Oh and the movie was shockingly awful lol
Old 04-03-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Nope, everything's either too far away or I'm under-qualified. That's fine, just gotta keep at it. I'm thinking about an apprenticeship seeing as I'm not going back to college for another two years.
Did you ever hear back from the shop you handed in your cv to? X
Old 04-03-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paix Amour View Post
Did I miss something during Easter? Why did knb leave SR altogether???? Did her AV convince her it wasn't the place for her? AV tries to convince us that help and support is in fact not help and support. All lies. My AV tries to rough things up a bit.....you know....roughs up calm smooth waters so I pack a sad, or get angry, pick a fight with somebody, or feel emotional or whatever etc.....all designed to get me to reach for a drink because that will calm me down - NOT!
I'm really not sure what happened there PA. she didn't tell us she was leaving. Dee actually told us she had shut down her account. Others may know more than me, but I really don't have any answers XxoO
Old 04-03-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
I had strawberry cheesecake and some sort of cookie dough. Yummy!!!
Oh and the movie was shockingly awful lol
Ben and Jerry's is the best. You're making me want to go out and get some! Also, I won't bother with the movie then.

Didn't hear back from that shop but then wasn't expecting to. Just means it wasn't meant to be.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paix Amour View Post
Did I miss something during Easter? Why did knb leave SR altogether????

Did her AV convince her it wasn't the place for her? AV tries to convince us that help and support is in fact not help and support. All lies.

My AV tries to rough things up a bit.....you know....roughs up calm smooth waters so I pack a sad, or get angry, pick a fight with somebody, or feel emotional or whatever etc.....all designed to get me to reach for a drink because that will calm me down - NOT!
Like Sansa said, we didn't really hear much from her. Dee told us she closed her account. All we can do is hope she decides to come back.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Pity. But closing her account? She had it since 2014! And she didn't log on for a year before so she said. That's why I asked.....something must have really set her off to actually close her account. Pity, she was/is a nice woman. I hope she stays sober.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good morning to all. Day 34 here! Hard to believe tomorrow will be 5 weeks but it actually seems much longer than that.

I really try to relax on the weekends and it really makes my week better. Hopefully everyone has had a restful one.

I miss knb as well. But I know as someone who has been on and off SR for years, that sometimes it's hard to cope when others seem to be successful.

She really helped me though. She had 51 days sober and that one relapse caused her to spin. That would EXACTLY be me, and I would not close my account but it might be a year before I logged back on.

We are all just a drink away but I'm a positive person and choose to think all I am in one drink NOT away from my sobriety. It's the first one that rattles the foundation of sobriety.

Be good to yourselves!
Lee
Old 04-03-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good morning Feb. Day 35 and I've been in a funk. So I'm trying to double post and read and remind myself of why I'm here. Also, I wanted to pop in to say hello and hugs to JL specifically. I've seen you in other classes and I'm so proud of you right now. Sometimes life is just crap and maybe all we have for that one day is our sobriety. But that is a HUGE something. So hang on to it and keep talking here. Give home life some time. Maybe tell yourself you will re-assess at like 60 or 90 days sober. You'll have some calm perspective. Just my two cents for now. But we are here listening - you need to get stuff off your chest somewhere.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good morning class and day 3.
Jeni I like your idea about the sobriety ring. I would love to do something similar. As far as my other plans, I'd like to attend some AA meetings and avoid tempting social situations. The last few slips I've had were almost planned, I hung out with people or went to places with the intention of drinking. So for now I'll just be vigilant about not exposing myself - and I plan to do this for much longer (i.e. Months rather than weeks.). I seem to be fine being sober for 3-4 weeks, at that point I get lazy and forget the bad things about alcohol. Also will be adding exercise to my plan!
Happy Sunday y'all. I have a coffee date (oh the joys of being single, let's just hope he's not too weird and then, more clean up around house and a couple of errands....feels good to take care of stuff! And I'm so grateful yesterday's depression seems to have lifted.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Waking up today sober is a blessing. I think often about my problems in life and I must include my alcoholism in them.... and also remember that it is at the root of the majority of them. Life is hard and frustrating but I can actively limit the suffering by NOT pouring literal fuel on the fire. My only chance at happiness requires me to not drink. It's that simple and I intend to remind myself of this daily. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-03-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

True story jobei! There's a chance at a better life while we're sober, there's no chance at all while we're drinking.

kittycat - Well done on Day 3, good luck on your date.

Applekat - Good to hear from you, don't stray.

Leezer - 5 weeks tomorrow is great! Keep it up.

PA - Hopefully she changes her mind.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Applekat I guess I'm on day 35 too. JL I think I offer too much advice because your story reminds me of my first marriage. I did everything I could to save it but it takes two. For those of you waivering and struggling dont give up because then you have to start over and may not have the resolve to do as well next time. Its taken me 6 years... Thats a lot of bad memories, battling with myself, bargaining with myself and most importantly bad health. Who wants to committ to sobriety for the next 24 hours? 24hour club? Check in Monday night?
Old 04-03-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I can commit to 24 hours PHRD.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Oh OT I was thinking of you and your job hunt. This may not be what you are ulitimately looking for but could give you some amazing relevant computer skills. I can't post the link but its called Upwork. It used to be called ODesk. Lots of virtual jobs. I worked doing that for a couple years and now have contactors who work for me on there. It takes a bit to work up experience, reviews and pay you can get but if you are looking for a job it may be worth trying. If you like it you csn do it as a second job for extra money later. :-)