Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 14

Old 04-01-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sounds like a lot of us are going through some emotional times. Early sobriety feels hard sometimes, I feel it too. But I had a good few years of sobriety before, and I know it gets better. We all need to give ourselves a group hug now

We CAN do this, we CAN face things sober. And the more we do it, the better we get at it. It takes practice.

I slept in and missed my meeting this morning. I love that one, and feel sorry. But I'm headed over to my sisters for lunch today and to spend time with my nieces, that should be nice. I've been concerned about my sisters drinking for a while now, if the time is right I may talk to her about my drinking and what I'm doing. But I may not. I will see how the land lies.

Have a good day folks. Love and hugs to you all, especially those struggling. Hang in there...it does get better ❤️
Old 04-02-2016, 02:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi folks, I changed my username because my son accidentally saw a picture (and name) of our Co3 on this website.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well done Jeni

Keep it up

Peace and love to you
Old 04-02-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Im all good by the way. My son has Rotovirus!!!! Its been a nightmare. In hospital for last 2 nights. Ive come home to rest. He is still in there. I will be heading back in first thing tomorrow morning. Thinking of you all. Im still sober :-)
Old 04-02-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back PA. Hope your son is back home and well soon

D
Old 04-02-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hope your son feels better soon PA
Old 04-02-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning! I think I need a couple new plants too. Going to look up a recipe right now. I went and got cracked corn for the ducks we have visit our pond and the birds like it too. I miss gardening and wildlife. A huge great blue heron flew by me as I was feeding the ducks yesterday. So beautiful and majestic - and I had to talk to him. I was like oh hey big guy how r u doing? Yep so elequent but when startled by one of those its quite a surprise! Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-02-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sounds lovely PHRD.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paix Amour View Post
Im all good by the way. My son has Rotovirus!!!! Its been a nightmare. In hospital for last 2 nights. Ive come home to rest. He is still in there. I will be heading back in first thing tomorrow morning. Thinking of you all. Im still sober :-)
Good to see you back PA, hope your son is back home soon.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have the house to myself today, just had a long bath and now I'm blasting some music. I'm thinking about giving the young persons meeting another try on Tuesday, feeling a bit disconnected from AA right now.

I'm really sad to hear about knb deciding to leave, I hope she comes back soon.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

I finally managed to catch a cold! I guess that makes me an official SR member :-)
Old 04-02-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi all, I've been absent, and had another relapse. I'm really working on not beating myself up though and not dwelling on yesterday. I'm on day 2 and trying to deal with life on life's terms today. I have a mess of a house to cleanup and I'll see a good friend tonight that supports me in my sobriety. Life is good
Old 04-02-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Aww Mel that stinks feel better soon!
kittycat... glad to see you're back and back at it.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks Del. Feeling down at the moment but trying to keep my chin up. It's very likely related to the booze I drank Thursday. I am tired of being so focused inward, would like to start thinking about giving back to the community instead of focusing on myself all the time, feeling inadequate. My house is a mess and it will feel so good to have it taken care of. Now I just have to get up off this couch
Old 04-02-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Mel , sorry to hear about the cold, blech.
PA, I hope your son gets better soon,
Kittycat, I'm glad you're still with us !

Everyone, today has freakin SUCKED. Today on day 40, I'm just sad, and would rather just get wiped out. I've been trying to deal, ignore, accept, improve, suffer, change, love, grow.
None of the crap seems like it's for anything.
I hope something I've shared over the past few months on here has maybe helped someone at some point.
Some of you are missing family and are alone or have been.
Being around people and feeling alienated makes me envious of you . Sick of people around mes crap. Want to burn everything and move on.
Nothing good to say.
I'm sorry others of you are struggling with bad times.
Bad times blow.
Haven't felt like this before, but today, drunk would be better, I think. Not a craving. A fact.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Kittycat glad you are back. Stop beating yourself up and know that this time may be the last time you have to quit or have remorse if you stick to it. Im cleaning house today too. Bought a new bamboo plant as they are easy to take care of and am making a chocolate cake with peanut butter cream cheese filling and chicolate fudge glaze with peanut butter cups on top. Its going to be sinful! lol
Old 04-02-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

JL you feel stuck. There has to be a way to have something to look forward to. Or as my mom tells me when I feel stuck - just tell yourself you are going to give it x amount of days and then reasess how things are. Sometimes we get fed up and distraught just before something finally changes. Buy your wife some flowers or the kids a small toy. Focus on what you can do to make them happy which will then make you happy. Sorry to go on and on. Better go check my cake.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

PHRD - I'm on my way over.
...chocolate cake with peanut butter cream cheese filling and chocolate fudge glaze with peanut butter cups on top
KittyCat - Glad you here and moving forward.

Paix - Poor baby. My heart goes out to him and you.

Sending good vibrations to all the struggling Februdoodles.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Paix good to see you love I really hope your son feels better soon

JL I'm so sorry my friend I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I wonder why so many of us are going through this at the same time? It does all feel very pointless to me. Given that I can show nothing for my sobriety in court I'm really not feeling the long term benefits of it.

Alcohol isn't the answer and sure doesn't feel like sobriety is any kind of rewarding solution.

Hm.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 33 and rest was what the Dr. ordered.

JL--stick in there...the emotionality is part of early recovery....it does settle out over time. It the meantime be good to yourself brother.

Peace everyone, be good to yourselves!
Lee