Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 11

Old 12-18-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've checked in, nice to see some recent activity in the class. RedAndy, Tufty,SK, how far we've come! I just realized Christmas Day will be exactly 400 days for me, and I truly could not have done it without SR. Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!
Old 12-18-2016, 01:32 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Old 12-21-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dustmeoff View Post
Hi guys. It's been a while since I've checked in, nice to see some recent activity in the class. RedAndy, Tufty,SK, how far we've come! I just realized Christmas Day will be exactly 400 days for me, and I truly could not have done it without SR. Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!
Great work Dustmeoff, happy Christmas/400 days when it comes.

All's well in Tufty towers....so long as you don't get me onto the topic of actually getting any sleep during these crazily hot evenings.

Life is good, am genuinely loving Oz, some of the kindness I've been shown and the welcome I've been given has been heart warming.

Still haven't quite got used to the daily 4.15am cacophony outside my bedroom window. Australia doesn't seem to do songbirds as well as it does spiders.

Love and hugs to all; speaking of which, I'm definitely getting a reputation for being peculiar as I go round hugging people at work. Is that weird? I always thought you needed eight a day just to survive.

Ho-hum, I'm sure they'll get used to me.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Dustmeoff - what a difference a year makes hey !!

Glad to hear things are going so well down under Tufty - I remember the early morning noise both times we were there too.

I guess some of us just don't get the hugging thing mate - it's one thing at NA that I felt pretty uncomfortable with to be honest.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's still an idea in some quarters that hugging blokes is a bit...eccentric Tufty, but stuff it...do it anyway

D
Old 12-23-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There's still an idea in some quarters that hugging blokes is a bit...eccentric Tufty, but stuff it...do it anyway

D
Yay, I think I will.

They can dismiss it as cultural differences. :-)

Seriously though, it's a very heavy atmosphere at work, everyone knows the business is in trouble and moral is low. The owner and his son have very aggressive face offs with raised voices and it gets to everyone.

Part of what I'm trying to do is lift spirits a bit, just simple things like getting people to smile, thanking people for their efforts and acknowledging when someone has done a good job. I can't do everything so I need an attitude of care amongst the staff.

The existing management style is very Victorian, people are barked at rather than given any respect so inevitably they do what they're told to and nothing more. I'm trying to get people to think for themselves and take ownership and it's already working.

Anyway, Christmas Day tomorrow. Only my second sober Christmas in thirty odd years. How wonderful it's going to be.

There will be hippy hugs abound.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay cool and enjoy Tufty - I recommend the prawns

D