Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 5

Old 03-27-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well you know I will let you guys know how it goes.

So Easter is over and you guys are at Monday now huh?
Old 03-27-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Liking the sound of the combat boots with the floral dress, sleepie! I spent the day with people who were drinking too, and I agree, it's really (amazingly) okay to hang out with "them". In fact, I was having so much fun that I stayed for hours and didn't get back in time for my football match (my team won handily though ... carn the Swannies!)

Most my travel is short distances, Steely, apart from the Hong Kong-Melbourne flight which I do every so often. I like to check in to SR in spare moments during my day and often have some time before flights to post as well so you do see me post often before flights.

We have no surf in Hong Kong. My ex is a mad surf ski fanatic and used to surf ski in Hong Kong before he returned to Oz. (Surf ski's are a kind of narrow, long sea kayak). He says Hong Kong water is calm as the day is long - nothing like the fun he gets in Sydney Harbour when a southerly is blowing.

Ah, I do miss Oz, Steely. And your turn of phrase certainly makes me miss it more

So happy to hear you are executing the plan you once set out, sleepie. That must be very gratifying. If I may say, I think that your writing skills are more than "fairly decent" and I suspect therefore that you have more than a "small amount" of drawing talent.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hear, hear.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Still Sunday night here Sleepie
Sleepie you're a very talented artist IMO

D
Old 03-27-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for the good wishes Dee. My feeling states change at the drop of a hat.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee

Well all done with the holiday. It was a good day but I am so nervous and worked up but what else is new?

I spent the day with bf's family. I always wonder will they judge me as I obviously have nobody and nowhere else on the holidays. Like a stray. I feel so "raised by wolves".
Old 03-27-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

No-one should judge you negatively for being on your own on a holiday - that would reflect more on them than you if they did. They should applaud you for being a survivor. Glad you had a good Easter, sleepie.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How was everyone else's day?

I was talking with the bf's mom, about this other gal he dated many years back and was engaged to. Wow he dodged a bullet when she got bored of him and moved on- can you imagine, she still lives at home with her parents, into her 40's- with her son, who's father is unknown. She announced awhile back on facebook that she was traveling and spending the money she got from the government for her son's disability on herself. She's awful. I think she also gets disability for supposed bipolar but she sounds more like borderline to me, which there is tons of treatment for...

Meanwhile, I trudge through life with neuro and learning disorder... no help from anyone. Not even my own horrid family, who hated me from day one.

Well, if and when I get this thing officially diagnosed, I am pretty much done feeling bad or being sorry for any dam* thing I ever do. I tried my best here in life with little to no care or help form anyone, ever.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks MissP we posted at the same time!
Old 03-27-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You are on a roll sleepie.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Maybe, Steely!

How were things with your friend, are you feeling any better?
Old 03-27-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well, she didn't come down last night because she was buggered from 2 days Easter stuff with her husband and family of origin. They don't have kids. Ahead of her time.

I don't have that problem and spent Easter weekend on my own which I don't mind, but felt unmotivated and depressed. Feeling lots better now.

My friend came down this morning and we had tea together. It is always good to see her, both she and her husband are musicians and we have lots in common. She has a great sense of humour.

Drinking much more tea than coffee nowdays, but won't forego my morning coffee which I sorta stew on the stove top bush style because my plunger is F'd. Tastes alright to me.

You have done really well sleepie, getting those appointments organised and deciding to follow through on them. People do care, hey?
Old 03-27-2016, 10:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm pretty glad Easter is over...it's time to get back to a normal routine

D
Old 03-28-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks Steely, I know, they do care... it's gonna be tough now that I am so close.

Glad you had a nice visit with your friend Are you a musician as well?

I am starting to give up altogether on sleeping normally. I was exhausted all day from sleeping poorly, yet still ain't sleeping. So over it!
Old 03-28-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

.....and the closer you get the closer you will be to having gotten over the line.....

It will be a great feeling if for no other reason than you followed through and who knows what you will learn? Sounds good to me.

No, I'm not a musician but my friend who really is very good reckons I'm a musician who doesn't play an instrument. That made me feel a bit better. Right.

Maybe when you give up on looking for sleep you will fall asleep from relief. Takes a long time for sleep to sync from what I've read. They call it sleep hygiene here in some disciplines. I've always thought that a bit odd.

Don't forget to let us know how you go.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Do you think you may pick up an instrument someday Steely?

As far as the other stuff... Oh, you poor folks will be the first to know!

I made myself go out for a walk to the post office with my bf even though I was not into it. I grabbed a snack on the way back and talked with the girl at the counter. She was great, very funny and hip, and an aspiring actress. I told her she looked like Bjork and it seemed to make her day. I wish I looked like Bjork! We laughed over Kristin Wiig's Bjork impression.

So that was fun. BF thinks I make friends all over. I swear you guys wouldn't know me if you met me I am totally different than I am here... you guys are like family so you see all the warts... sorry guys!
Old 03-28-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I do pick them up sleepie but put them down pretty quick 'cause I'm not very confident. I do muck around a bit on the harmonica and make it up as I go along. But it's crap. I prefer to write.

My friend notes up stuff that I say and we sorta workshop half-arsed songs which just autocorrected to sings. That's one compelling task, the organised collating of all my written stuff.

Might try that today. It will take ages to transcribe but will feel great to see it all together. Hmmm, on the other hand..........oh well, I can take it.

I'm laughing at looking like Bjork but can imagine someone being flattered. As I've said elsewhere, I'm going for the Albert Einsten look, it's mad, and Albert was sane. Sorta.

And yes, "It's hard to get by, just upon a smile girl". We're all in this together.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Workshopping songs with a friend sounds pretty fun Steely! Did you go on and so some today?

I quite like Bjork and think she is marvelous looking Seeing her perform years ago was really wonderful. Although she married Matthew Barney... Hmm. Dunno about that so much.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I didn't much get into Bjork but she is very beautiful almost handsome. She carries the green veil well.

I've seen her a few times on video. Didn't take a real lot of notice just thought her unusual, strange. I'll have a closer look with a keener eye.

I didn't get together with my friend today and our days spent songwriting mainly just fun. Luckily she thinks stuff I say is good, and she's a good musician. Funny as a pack of cards too.

Life's good sleepie, were sober.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hello - I hope everyone's well.

Sleepie, all the best for this important week. My younger sister is a mad Bjork fan and she would absolutely adore your avatar because she loves cats too.

I'm busy at work at the moment - but all is good. Peace everyone.