SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August 2014 Part 22 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/387332-class-august-2014-part-22-a.html)

Dee74 03-24-2016 04:33 AM

Class of August 2014 Part 22

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-21-a-20.html

D

pinklinzangel 03-24-2016 07:50 AM

Thanks dee xx

pinklinzangel 03-24-2016 10:10 AM

New thread, let's kick it off with some positive vibes guys!
Happy easter !

Let the chocothon commence 😊

I wish you all health, wealth, happiness and peace. I wish you courage, strength, pride and satisfaction. I wish you kindness, love, compassion and hope.

If you feel weak, reflect on your strength.
If you feel sorrow, reflect on your achievement and success
If you feel anger, reflect on your ambition
If you feel alone, get your self on here immediately!

Love you guys xxxx

Ultramarathoner 03-24-2016 04:53 PM

Part 22?

We've come a long way on our journey. I happily raise my can of seltzer in celebration of our journey over the past bunch of months-- from Hope and Possibility to Expectation and Reality.

Dee74 03-24-2016 04:58 PM

Happy Easter guys :)

D

determined99 03-24-2016 05:54 PM

Happy Easter! Thanks Dee. Great posts pink and ultra!

Just found out my neighbor with several kids got a dui this past weekend. He is beside himself with self loathing... I feel terrible for him. He decided to quit for good, I will help guide him to support as best I can.

Alcohol is nobody's friend.

determined99 03-25-2016 03:02 AM

Happy Friday!

Really happy it is the weekend! Had a presentation yesterday, I normally do well, but for some reason I completely forgot what I was saying at one point!! Kicking myself, but I need to laugh and let it roll on by! Uuhhg!!

Have a great day guys.

"Procrastination is the passive assassin of opportunity." Roy Williams.

Git er done!

sthlondonab 03-26-2016 02:51 PM

Hey guys and girls

Happy Easter to you all

Well I use my smartfone as my main method to use Internet and wifi and I dropped it in the sink on Thursday, oops. Well it's fixed now, no drama but missed my phone for a couple of days.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend. Do you guys stateside get some public holidays for Easter? I love our 4 day stretch here.

I have been doing fun stuff the last few days to balance work busy busy. I went to bingo (ha ha!) and to a Brazillian salsa club on Thursday. I no longer worry about dancing with no alcohol and just do it. Spend some time around a street market on Friday on the lovely Portobello Road and then today AA gym and went to see the Batman film. Had a lovely few days. Tomorrow is R&R time :-)

Hoping you are all good !

sthlondonab 03-27-2016 02:49 AM

I forgot to say thanks for the new thread Dee

Happy Easter to you all. Easter Sunday and the clocks changed so I had a great catch up sleep and only just getting up 3 hours extra than normal. Time to get up and make a HUGE brekkie now !

ScooterBoo 03-27-2016 04:46 AM

Happy Easter!

My cousin and I are in Savannah- we are going to Mass and treating today like a normal Sunday - going to a shrimp shack for lunch, then through the stores along the river.

Thanks for the new thread, Dee. Imagine - Part 22 ! ! ! ! We have certainly come a long way.

I wish you all the best, and I am saying a prayer for those who started the journey with us and are no longer part of our group. I hope they have joined another group or found some other way to gain sobriety. It is so, so worth it. I cannot imagine being any help at all to my cousin if I was still drinking - I would be busy trying to figure out ways to sneak drinks, wondering when my next one would be, convincing her to stop here and there for drinks - since she rarely drinks, it would have been awful - in fact, I probably would have made excuses and refused when she asked if I would fly down to help her close up her home and drive back to the Cape with her..........what a difference. And, she is definitely having some good laughs and getting stronger along the way. No idea when we will be back - next stop is Hilton Head.

I have put the idea of buying a home in Florida on the back burner, and she has decided to wait at least one more winter before making a decision about selling hers.

Let's keep on keeping on.

opalblue 03-27-2016 03:35 PM

God you guys are strong. Happy Easter xx

Ultramarathoner 03-27-2016 04:01 PM

Hey Team!

I'm going to switch my 2017 50 miler from VT to Maine. The ME course is almost entirely single track- rather than 30% gravel roads like VT. It's also a much smaller and low-key event which appeals to me. And added bonus is the extra 30 minutes cut off time.

So my long term trail running goal is now the 2017 "Punisher" in the trails of ME.

Let's keep doing the right stuff!

determined99 03-28-2016 02:54 AM

Happy Monday gang!

Hope everyone had a fab weekend!

Had company, it was cool, but I am glad to have my house and routine back!

"Energy and persistence alter all things." Benjamin Franklin

Have a kick ass Monday.

sthlondonab 03-28-2016 03:18 PM

Hey guys and girls

Just checking in late on Monday UK time

Today was a public holiday so I had a good day of down time. When for a run, home cooked breakfast and rustled up a huge veggie curry this evening. I also did my annual financial spring clean before the new tax year. Things looking up there now the last of my alcohol related spending is gone from the credit cards, took a while.

Hope you are OK Knb? How was your Easter. Reach out if you need to.

That run sounds good Ultra. I look forward to reading your progress

Scooter - I love the gratitude in your post. I hope you had a great Easter Sunday.

Determined - glad you had a good weekend too. I like having visitors but you are right - it's also good when you get your place and routine back

Pink - hope you are OK and had a nice relaxed weekend

determined99 03-29-2016 02:49 AM

Good morning on this fabulous Tuesday!

Sounds like you had a great mini holiday London. You had me at vegetable curry! Do you use a pre made curry sauce? I still can't get curry right...

Ultra, the run sounds super rad. Something to train for is good.

Knb, you doing ok? Jump right back in here.

Scooter, choobie, pink, dry, 1step and the gang, have a wonderful day!

"Life shrinks and expands in proportion to ones courage." Anais nin

Go rip it up.

Choobie 03-29-2016 05:32 AM

Hey All!
Just catching up on the thread. It sounds like London and Pink had a great mini-holiday!

Wow Ultra! Sounds like a great goal from now to October!

London, glad to hear your finances are now sober as well!

Pink, you have lots to choose from on your trip. It sounds like so much fun to plan!

Scooter, I hope your road trip is going well and that you are having fun on the way back up north!

Determined, your Easter dinner sounds delicious. I also catered, from a decidedly non vegan restaurant so I could accomplish finals and hosting Easter dinner to a crowd simultaneously. It worked!

Knb, hope you are doing well! Happy Easter!

Let's see. I have a job interview later this week, and if I get an offer I'll probably take this one. School is still going strong as well. I'm looking forward to a little down time as I took a few days off during the kids' spring break. I still don't know what we'll do, but it's going to be fun!!

Love to you all!!

Ultramarathoner 03-29-2016 04:50 PM

Thanks for the run encouragement Team. I'm not going to run the 50 miler until 2017 so I'll have plenty if time to train. This October is a 32 miler.

Let's keep doin it!

determined99 03-30-2016 02:52 AM

Happy hump day peeps!

Great to see you choobie, best of luck on your interview! Enjoy your time off with your kids my friend.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

"Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be." Thoreau

Giddy up.

pinklinzangel 03-30-2016 06:14 AM

Choobie good luck with the interview my lovely! Thinking of you! Xxx

Quick post as super busy, keep fighting the good fight people xxx

ScooterBoo 03-30-2016 06:53 AM

Greetings!

Good luck, Choobie, I am sure you will do great at the interview.

We are in Hilton Head; I don't think my cousin wants to get to the Cape.....it will be hard for her to be there without her husband. They met there as kids many years ago. I am ready to head home - but, she has a new idea - a few days in Charleston (which I love - a beautiful, historical city) and then Cleveland for next Monday's Red Sox home opener. I have never been to Cleveland, so this will be different.

Hello to everyone; you all sound great from the posts on the thread.

Knb, what is new with you?

1Step, are you lurking anywhere? We would love to hear from you.

Take care, my friends. Let's keep on keeping on!

sthlondonab 03-31-2016 12:05 AM

Hey guys

Super busy at work as it's the end of quarter but all is good - will catch up properly over the next couple of days

Hope you are all good

determined99 03-31-2016 02:50 AM

Howdy ho gang! Happy Thursday!

Charlestown is a great area scooter, hope you enjoy it. It is like a clean, well behaved New Orleans!

I hear you on the work thing London. Work life balance is quite a challenge these days, too much technology makes is easy to expect us to work 24/7!

"When you wake in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive. To breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius

Just jump in.

pinklinzangel 04-01-2016 02:33 AM

Had a very powerful drinking dream last night....to the point the 3 hours later I'm still thinking about it. My dream was basically a 24 hour day in the life of drinking linz.

Dream starts

Planned to go out, met friends, had a great evening, didn't drink as am new reformed sober goddess. some people tailored off at various stages due to going home to children, work next day etc. I went to stay at a friends who lived in a block of flats. Then when they all went to sleep. Simple.

Woke up next day in first friends bed naked, they were all in kitchen nattering away. I stumbled in in a towel and they all froze and just stared at me. At that exact point I felt sick, hungover, wobbly, drunk and thought, what? I didn't even drink last night.

They said, what the hell were you thinking? Tell me you know what you did? I said, I went to bed, I don't even drink, you all know that.

They replied that I did in fact drink. I slept walked, finished half a bottle of brandy, went door knocking to the other flats, frank more, spent the might with a dodgy guy upstairs who bought me back slumped over shoulder and out me back in my friends bed. That yes I did drink, I drank a lot, I ruined everything as dodgy man was friends boss, not welcome in this house anymore, no more friendship, get out.

Woke up. So real.

Ellis. Slept really well, feel great this morning, no regrets, but also less friends because of all of the above I have done in the past Lol!

The mind is a powerful thing, but m does not necessarily control us. Take the control my friends. Love you xxx

determined99 04-01-2016 02:44 AM

Happy Friday!

Pink, oh that feeling of what did I do! Yuk!! Freaky dream, but use it to rejoice and celebrate how happy you are to be free!!! Nothing is better than that.

Have a fab day gang.

"Look at the past like a bullet. Once it is fired, it is finished." Catherine bauby.

Go get it.

pinklinzangel 04-02-2016 12:52 AM

Full of zen today

Be nice, reach out to those who need it. Doesn't have to be big things, I took the meghbours bin back in to her back yard after it was emptied by the dustbin collecters. Simple but kind. Do things like this.

I'm baking macaroons this morning with strawberry flavouring abd orange butter cream. Yummy! What do we all have planned for the weekend? Xx

determined99 04-02-2016 03:31 AM

Saturday morning, fresh and rested. Big coffee in hand, good music on and windows open.

Liked your post pink, those thing raise our positive frequencies. We do manifest what we put out there. Man, I can almost taste the things you bake!

Heading to the gym, then to sons karate, then t ball. Later going to look at jeeps. Thinking of getting one, also want to decide on a vacation trip for May. Thinking an island that has good wind for kiteboarding.

Was sweating some medical results and got good news yesterday. Attitude of gratitude for sure. Our health is everything, easy to take that for granted.

Pink inspired quote today,

"Of all the things I have learned in my lifetime, the one with the greatest value is that unexpected kindness is the most powerful , least costly and most underrated agent of human change." Bob Kerry.

Today is a gift folks, unwrap it and have fun.

Ultramarathoner 04-02-2016 05:39 AM

Wild dream Pink. I'm with you that the mind does not salways control us.

Rainy day in New England. Snow flurries are predicted for my 10k tomorrow.
The 50k last October (put on by the same person) was unseasonably cold as well (and had snow flurries).

Let's have a great weekend Team!

sthlondonab 04-02-2016 08:13 AM

Hey guys

Yey! It's the weekend

Been super busy at work but all is good

Wow pink what a crazy dream! I have had a couple like that, I don't read anything into them just the way our crazy brains process things but I have woken up with huge fear having lost everything again. Hope your weekend is good

Great news on your medical news determined - rocking the attitude of gratitude

I have been to AA and for a nice lunch today. Tonight I am cooking for three friends so need to get my 'a' into gear and get to the supermarket! They will bring wine, Neutral to the now which is great !

Have a lovely Saturday guys

ScooterBoo 04-03-2016 12:35 PM

Greetings!

We are in Cleveland waiting for the opening day game tomorrow. We are going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then on the road again. My cousin definitely likes this suspended time trip - she is dreading going to her home on the Cape without her husband.

Pink, after I read your post about your dream , I had a drinking dream....that is how strongly yours got to me. Mine was that I decided to drink a beer, and it was warm and flat, and I was disgusted that I broke my sobriety for that.

Hello to everyone else. I will be happy to get back home to my pets and my routine and back to posting more frequently.

Let's keep on keeping on.

pinklinzangel 04-03-2016 02:28 PM

Scooter i am so very sorry, I would never had shared my dream had i known it would affect anyone, that is not good karma, my love to you my dear friend, forgive me xxxx