Old 05-16-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great week everyone

D
Old 05-17-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday!

Great work speaking at a seminar scooter! Those can be tough but fun, glad you did a great job my friend!

London, I love your disconnect the social media idea! I too consciously use it sparingly. I try to not be one of those phone staring dads! I hope your idea catches on!!

Up late last night and early this morning to meet a deadline. Made it yay! But a bit tired. Good kind of tired though.

And thanks Dee, you have a fabulous week too my friend.

"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day." Michael Landon

Eye on the prize
Old 05-18-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hey guys ?de0a

London you're moving! So exciting, and how great to feel organised and in control, really excited for you! Work like balance is real important, and you inspire me to look more closely at mine to make sure it is more balanced, as I believe it's a bug oat of why I've been so low recently. Glad you're well and happy ?de00

Scooter, misery is one of my favourite all time FILMS! I bought a Stephen King book yesterday, finders keepers, haven't started reading it yet though.

Grateful how you doing?! So good to see you back on track and checking in and you sound positive and strong ?de0a

Choobie so good to hear that all is going well yiur way too, I know there have been stressful times. How is the weather yiur way? It's raining here to pay but generally it's been quite warm ?de0a. The shining is one of my favourites, the film and book, would love to see the Show!

Ultra love the colour run! I've done 3 now and it's totally my cup of tea, run and fun. That's my kind of run, and how great to share with the family! Think of it as a little warm up with smiles ?de0a you've a lot of training Head of you this year!

Determind thank you for your strength quotes, and for picking my favourites, they sent me off on holiday with a buzz.

My first all inclusive holiday whilst sober. No craving, no temptation, even at the help yourself station I didn't waver. Proud. Stronger than I expected myself to be, I set myself up for struggle nd it didn't come. Obviously that doesn't mean I'm cured, but it Was nice to be at liberty if craving and missing. A lovely little break.

I have returned to the birth of many chicks in my garden. There are 2 blackbird chicks , 4 finch chicks, 10 great **** chicks, and I don't know how many starlings in the attic, all I can hee is baby bird chirps and it's beautiful!

Good to see you all again x
Old 05-18-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Greetings!

It is so nice to hear from so many members. I have pm'd Max, and she told me there are a few of our original members in the May class. It is a relief to know they are still trying.

Pink, you sound great- I am hoping the vacation is what you needed to come out of your funk. I shudder now when I even hear the name Stephen King! He is a big Red Sox fan, and I have seen him at games, and he looks just like I would expect someone who wrote like that to look! C R E E P Y ! ! ! I just finished After You by JoJo Moyes. It was good, but not as good as The Girl You Left Behind or Me Before You. Next for the bookclub is The Summer Before the War ( or something like that - haven't gotten it yet.)

I am in the middle of a mess- I had all my windows replaced, and I am moving things because the installers are coming to do four rooms of flooring tomorrow. They will move the furniture, but I am moving breakables, lamps, etc.

I have come to realize that the only time the av comes filtering through my head is when I am hungry or thirsty, and I am being careful to not reach that point, while I try to lose the pounds I gained this past winter - I am now down 24, not 30, but I am working on it. Wearing tight clothes helps keep me on track - gone are all those stretchy sweatpants!!

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 05-18-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Scooter you sound so well and it's lovely! Hope you manage to protect all your breakables, lots of bubble wrap and newspaper! Xxx
Old 05-20-2016, 02:38 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Nothing new, just dropping to to say Hello.

I am off to the Y, then I am going to a reflexology appointment at a spa - I have never had it before. but a friend has been raving about it, so I am going to try it.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 05-20-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!!

Welcome back pink!! Great trip it sounds, and wow did you do a job of kickin some AV ass!!!

Scooter, you sound fab too, your spa day sounds like some kind of wonderful!

I am trying to recover from some kind of killer cold or allergies or something. Knocked me off my game just a bit, but I am pushing through. I noticed when I am not feeling so hot, the AV comes a callin...

Very stoked it is the weekend!

"The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger. We must jump in and scramble through as well as we can." Robert crushing

Let's make it a great day kids.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Get well soon Determind, much love being sent your way xxx
Old 05-20-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Relentless Forward Progress, Team!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon determined
Have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 05-22-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday gang! Thanks for the well wishes, feeling a bit better and back to myself.

I will say this though, had a very rough time with AV attacks. Spent a little time glamorizing the good times of the past because I found some old pictures of fun times. Sent me off on a spiral of very dangerous thinking. Got myself back together and have been reading a lot on this site. I guess this kind of thing is to be expected, so dealing with it is in my tool kit. But, boy it can be relentless sometimes.

How is everyone doing today? A good old fashioned check in and pep rally sounds like a great idea!

"I just wish people would realize that anything is possible if you just try. Dreams are made, if people try." Terry fox

Off to the gym and then to install a big zip line in the trees on a hill in my back yard. What can go wrong with that brilliant idea lol!!

Giddy up.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Determind good to see you're feeling better and getting the av outta the park! X

All good here, relaxing weekend involving bits of gardening, coffee, ice cream, country drive and relaxing. Hope you are all well guys xxx
Old 05-23-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!

Thanks pink. I am feeling back on track now. Had someone over to help me install the zip line yesterday. I thought this morning about how in the past I would have pounded beer all day, ordered food that night and "fell asleep" before it arrived. I would have woken today asking my wife what time my friend left, etc. feeling like a big drunken jack ass. Attitude of gratitude baby!

Big presentation today in the board room. Bring it.

"You cannot fix an illusion. You can only wake up from one." Michael beckwith
Old 05-23-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Greetings,

Determined, glad to hear you are back on track. I understand the ordering food and falling asleep part - - oh, what horrible memories that brought. Thank God that is behind us now, and we never have to worry about that happening again.

I have been down the past few days, and I am not sure why. I feel I am in a rut, the flooring project has left dust everywhere -it is taking some time to settle, my cousin is talking about her deceased husband and nothing else - constantly, my back is twinging, and I am not having much luck losing the weight I gained this past winter/Spring.

Oh, well.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Determined hope you smashed the presentation! Boom!

Scooter sorry to hear you're down, that's a horrid feeling I know too well. One foot in front of the other my friend, one day at a time. Love and hugs to you my sweet xxx

No news here. Raining non stop, great for ducks!

Much love xxx
Old 05-23-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

On mile 14 of 15 I severely sprained my ankle.

So I'll be taking some time to heal this week. The good news is I felt good during the run so I may have some carry over stamina from last year.

Keep,it uo Team!
Old 05-23-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Oh no ultra! You MUST rest your ankle! It will be swollen and probably black and blue by morning bless you! I e pack and elevation needed. Love how you still pulled a positive note out of this! Get well soon xxx
Old 05-23-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take it Easy Ultra
D
Old 05-23-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Monday checkin!
Ultra, I hope your ankle feels better after some rest! Great news that you have some conditioning from last year. Not even starting from the bottom! Yeah!

Pink, it sounds like you had a relaxing weekend after your trip. Good! And the Opera was great-not scary, but really interesting and had an alternate ending. Now I'd like to see the Stand as an Opera! Hmmmm.....

Scooter, I bet you did as well in your speaking is Determined did today in his presentation! That's how we do it here in Class of August (2014!!) Woot!

I'm cramming for finals this week, then singing backup in a band on Sunday. It's good motivation to get things finished.

RFP!!
Old 05-24-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I just looked at for the August 2015 Class since the core group is right around the corner from the one year mark. The group was on page 3 with a last post in April.

August 2013 continues to be active as does our Team.

We were blessed to have found - and stuck with, supported, and learned from- each other, and to have found these particular connections at the ideal time for us.

Let's stay the course!