Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 22

Old 04-13-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey Team! Relentless Forward Progress!
Old 04-13-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Greetings!

I am having a tough time getting acclimated to being home. It is really a cold Spring on the Cape, and I feel like I am playing "catch up" after being gone a month!

But, I am happy to say I am at a point where I believe I will never drink again, and I am now at peace with that. Following the April, 2016 class has made me realize we cannot take sobriety for granted. I believe reading it will help strengthen the resolve of anyone having wavering thoughts. These people are going through what we went through, and some of their stories are heart-wrenching. I have pm'd some to give them encouragement and have posted on the thread. This new thread also makes me think of all the members we started with; I include them in my prayers and hope they have found sobriety in some way. I believe there were around 25 of us, and now there are less than ten active members.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday gang!

Glad you are back scooter, your comment about never drinking again was inspirational. I liked reading it as I had annoying, romantic thoughts yesterday watching people drink in the airport.

Had a big presentation to do tomorrow that was just cancelled!! Yes!!! Life is good baby.

Spent a small fortune on new suits recently, but it is such a mood lifter to have sharp new clothes, attitude of gratitude for the little things.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Nelson Mandela

Let's do this.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Evening all, glad you are well 😀 nothing with while to say just popping by x xxxxx
Old 04-14-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My family was out of town last night. When they came home today they asked what I had for dinner.

I told them in a serious tone that I had a typical guys night with pizza and beer. No one reacted.

In announced it again. My wife barely looked up from what she was doing and didn't bother to respond. My son took off his headphones, matter a factly said "no you didn't", then put them right back in.

I laughed to myself realizing the paradigm shift. I've gone from having to convince my wife that I hadn't had too much to drink-- to (if I had in fact drank) having to convince my family that I actually did drink. Wild.

Let's keep recognizing our changes Team!
Old 04-14-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Glad you are reaching out to some folks in April Scooter!

I'm messaging with someone who has been struggling for a while and is going to give moderation another try. I'm hoping it works better for him than it did for me!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Is it really Friday? Yes!!

Great post ultra! Funny how we view normal now isn't it? Well done man.

Just thinking this morning how much better I sleep now, even after or before really stressful days. Today's gratitude thought.

"Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than your thoughts." Disraeli

Have a wonderful day guys. Life is beautiful.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday guys and gals!

Feeling good, huge coffee in hand ready to hit the gym. Karate and baseball for the young lad today then off to a beach a bit south from here for the night. Should be fun. Want to stop by an atv and motorcycle shop if I can too.

Hope all are well, high five and a big old pull in hug comin at ya!!

"Fear is what prevents the flowering of the mind." Krishnmurti

Go for it.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Greetings!

I just got home from Boston; my friend Bob and I went to the Red Sox game and stayed over rather than drive back to the Cape. Something I found interesting when I was thinking about the game on the way home this morning.....Last summer was my first complete summer of sobriety, and I noticed how much everyone around me at every game was drinking - I even counted some. Last night I was aware that Bob had three beers, but although people all around us were drinking, it did not distract me, and I did not keep track of strangers' drinks! I consider that another step forward!

Old 04-17-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday gang!

Great day it looks like today. Yesterday was without a doubt a dangerously close day with the AV. Worst cravings, I think triggered by nice weather, beach, outdoor cafes and free time on my hands. Romanticising the beers for a few hours. It eventually passed after dinner, but it was by far one of the toughest. Thinking about it now, trying to figure out how I can tweak my plan for next time.

Gonna grab some more coffee and head out for some shopping. I noticed a big store that sells lots of Thailand inspired things, large Buddhas out front, looks super interesting. I feel much better today, glad I let it pass.

Hope everyone is doing fabulous! Have a super rad day!

"If you think you've got 100 years to mess around, your wrong. Your time is here, your time is now. It's time to shine." Henry Rollins

I am officially renewing my sobriety vows today. Just because.

Attitude of gratitude baby!
Old 04-17-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Determined, you will be fine - you are the one who taught me to play the tape forward!

I had a "poor, sad me" moment after I kept hearing about how much fun the "vodka tasting party" was. I had to remind myself that I never drank vodka, probably would have gone, not enjoyed it and gone home to drink, drink, drink. I guess the wine-tastings became so old-hat that they switched it to fun cocktails made with flavored vodka........I wish they would have an ice-cream tasting party!!! These parties are put on by a liquor distributor whose parents live in my neighborhood. He offers deals on whatever he is pouring that night, and has catered appetizers. I guess the idea is for people to go to local liquor stores and ask them to carry the products. Whatever, these parties make me feel left-out, even though I get an email invitation weekly.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am going to watch the Red Sox and read. I am still tired from the late night game on Friday.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks scooter! I totally understand how the tastings make you feel. You are not missing anything by the way, that you can count on. Good job my friend.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

vodka always tasted GD awful to me anyway Scooter.
I doubt you missed anything really

D
Old 04-18-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Happy Monday peeps!

Running quick here, just wanted to say have a fabulous day!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi all hope you are well. Sun shining today which has been lovely. No news, must saying hey and plodding onwards, much love xxx
Old 04-19-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday peeps!

The weather has officially changed, that's for sure! I bought a very large stone Buddha head at a vintage shop that sells lots of Thailand inspired treasures. It is over a hundred pounds easily. I placed it at the top of a walkway leading to my door, in this garden area. Interestingly enough, the way I angled it happens to put the face directly in the sun when the sun rises. I can see it from the kitchen doors every morning. It has such a powerful and positive vibration.

It reminds me that every day is a blessing, to give thanks and gratitude,and to not attach to meaningless things or feelings.

"Enough is a feast" Buddhist proverb

Make this day shine folks.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Let's keep up the great work Team!
Old 04-19-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I woke with a headache - it is my allergy season. My face is a bit puffy, my eyes red and swollen with dark circles under them...........makes me think of how many horrible mornings, much worse than this morning, that I woke with a brutal hangover, pausing in bed to try to remember how much I drank, what did I eat, did I text, phone or email anyone I shouldn't have?? Did I go out to buy more????

This morning my thoughts were; it is allergy season, you will be like this for about two weeks; suck it up and get moving.

What a difference. I love sobriety! And, I have SR, my August group in particular, to thank for it!!!!
Old 04-19-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope allergy season passes quickly SB

D
Old 04-20-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy hump day peeps!

I have a fairly big presentation today in a hotel ballroom. Trying to get in the positive mental zone to kill it.

Scooter, I hear you on the allergies my friend. Hang tough. I literally just took a sinus pill myself. Think of it as a small price to pay for the beauty of the flowers!

Hope everyone is doing fantastic, how about a big old fashioned check in today? There are tumbleweeds blowing by up in here!

"Stop talking yourself out of living your life"

Let's do this thing.