Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 22

Old 03-31-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Super busy at work as it's the end of quarter but all is good - will catch up properly over the next couple of days

Hope you are all good
Old 03-31-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Howdy ho gang! Happy Thursday!

Charlestown is a great area scooter, hope you enjoy it. It is like a clean, well behaved New Orleans!

I hear you on the work thing London. Work life balance is quite a challenge these days, too much technology makes is easy to expect us to work 24/7!

"When you wake in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive. To breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius

Just jump in.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Had a very powerful drinking dream last night....to the point the 3 hours later I'm still thinking about it. My dream was basically a 24 hour day in the life of drinking linz.

Dream starts

Planned to go out, met friends, had a great evening, didn't drink as am new reformed sober goddess. some people tailored off at various stages due to going home to children, work next day etc. I went to stay at a friends who lived in a block of flats. Then when they all went to sleep. Simple.

Woke up next day in first friends bed naked, they were all in kitchen nattering away. I stumbled in in a towel and they all froze and just stared at me. At that exact point I felt sick, hungover, wobbly, drunk and thought, what? I didn't even drink last night.

They said, what the hell were you thinking? Tell me you know what you did? I said, I went to bed, I don't even drink, you all know that.

They replied that I did in fact drink. I slept walked, finished half a bottle of brandy, went door knocking to the other flats, frank more, spent the might with a dodgy guy upstairs who bought me back slumped over shoulder and out me back in my friends bed. That yes I did drink, I drank a lot, I ruined everything as dodgy man was friends boss, not welcome in this house anymore, no more friendship, get out.

Woke up. So real.

Ellis. Slept really well, feel great this morning, no regrets, but also less friends because of all of the above I have done in the past Lol!

The mind is a powerful thing, but m does not necessarily control us. Take the control my friends. Love you xxx
Old 04-01-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!

Pink, oh that feeling of what did I do! Yuk!! Freaky dream, but use it to rejoice and celebrate how happy you are to be free!!! Nothing is better than that.

Have a fab day gang.

"Look at the past like a bullet. Once it is fired, it is finished." Catherine bauby.

Go get it.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Full of zen today

Be nice, reach out to those who need it. Doesn't have to be big things, I took the meghbours bin back in to her back yard after it was emptied by the dustbin collecters. Simple but kind. Do things like this.

I'm baking macaroons this morning with strawberry flavouring abd orange butter cream. Yummy! What do we all have planned for the weekend? Xx
Old 04-02-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Saturday morning, fresh and rested. Big coffee in hand, good music on and windows open.

Liked your post pink, those thing raise our positive frequencies. We do manifest what we put out there. Man, I can almost taste the things you bake!

Heading to the gym, then to sons karate, then t ball. Later going to look at jeeps. Thinking of getting one, also want to decide on a vacation trip for May. Thinking an island that has good wind for kiteboarding.

Was sweating some medical results and got good news yesterday. Attitude of gratitude for sure. Our health is everything, easy to take that for granted.

Pink inspired quote today,

"Of all the things I have learned in my lifetime, the one with the greatest value is that unexpected kindness is the most powerful , least costly and most underrated agent of human change." Bob Kerry.

Today is a gift folks, unwrap it and have fun.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Wild dream Pink. I'm with you that the mind does not salways control us.

Rainy day in New England. Snow flurries are predicted for my 10k tomorrow.
The 50k last October (put on by the same person) was unseasonably cold as well (and had snow flurries).

Let's have a great weekend Team!
Old 04-02-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Yey! It's the weekend

Been super busy at work but all is good

Wow pink what a crazy dream! I have had a couple like that, I don't read anything into them just the way our crazy brains process things but I have woken up with huge fear having lost everything again. Hope your weekend is good

Great news on your medical news determined - rocking the attitude of gratitude

I have been to AA and for a nice lunch today. Tonight I am cooking for three friends so need to get my 'a' into gear and get to the supermarket! They will bring wine, Neutral to the now which is great !

Have a lovely Saturday guys
Old 04-03-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Greetings!

We are in Cleveland waiting for the opening day game tomorrow. We are going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then on the road again. My cousin definitely likes this suspended time trip - she is dreading going to her home on the Cape without her husband.

Pink, after I read your post about your dream , I had a drinking dream....that is how strongly yours got to me. Mine was that I decided to drink a beer, and it was warm and flat, and I was disgusted that I broke my sobriety for that.

Hello to everyone else. I will be happy to get back home to my pets and my routine and back to posting more frequently.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Scooter i am so very sorry, I would never had shared my dream had i known it would affect anyone, that is not good karma, my love to you my dear friend, forgive me xxxx
Old 04-03-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Had a busy Sunday. Long long walk in the sunshine at lunchtime and a big tasty late lunch. I got some work done too.

Raining outside now so I am listening to it in bed, nice and relaxed

Hey Scooter - how long until home? You know I love travelling but each trip I love returning back and my home comforts

Hope you guys had a great weekend.

Pink - I am glad you shared. Helped me to realise others get the dreams from time to time and I identified with the fear when waking up and keeping thinking about them. Always good to share xx
Old 04-03-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Pink, please do not feel badly about sharing your dream. I should have gone into more detail and explained that I felt your feelings and thought how wonderful that it was a dream, not reality. We have come so far!!! My dream was just a weird little one, but I assumed I had it because yours was on my mind, but not in an upsetting way. I hope the explanation makes sense and gives you some relief.

London, I have no idea when I will be home. Thank goodness for technology - that I can pay bills, contact neighbors, stay in touch with the groomer who has Scooter and Mr. Boomerang and do banking.

Bug hugs!
Old 04-03-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well said with being "neutral" to others' drinking London. We've come a long way!
Old 04-04-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy Monday gang!

Spent the weekend doing mostly kid events, and spent evenings practicing baseball with him until dark. So very grateful to be present. Very grateful.

Sounds like a great trip scooter, technology blows my mind sometimes too!

Looks like everyone had a great weekend, here's to a fabulous week ahead!

"Life is a gift of nature, beautiful living is the gift of wisdom." Greek adage

Smile, it's all good man.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Greetings!

We are still in Cleveland; today's Red Sox opener was postponed because of the weather, so we will go to the game tomorrow afternoon. My cousin and I bought winter jackets, gloves , hats and scarves today in anticipation. We have been fine with Summer/Spring clothes up to this point.

I am ready to head home - maybe Wednesday.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 04-04-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning guys

Happy Tuesday to all of you

Still awaiting some decent spring in the UK lol!

All good with me, busy day yesterday and a busy work week but keeping things in check

Have a great day all
Old 04-05-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday!

Busy this week but it's all good. Have a great day gang!

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Let's do this thing.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:06 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

A very happy hump day to you all

Early start for me today, plenty on at work but all good. Just getting on with life but that feels good

Hoping everyone is doing well
Old 04-06-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy hump day guys!

No new news here, just taking life one day at a time. Trying to live in the present.

"It is health that is the real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver." Mahatma Gandhi

Git er done!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

On the road again! Next stop, Cooperstown, NY to the Baseball Hall of Fame. I haven't been in a few years, and my cousin hasn't been in two years so wants to see the Pedro Martinez exhibition. After that, we will finally head home.

The Red Sox game was great yesterday - but probably the coldest baseball game I have ever been to!

I have been reading the April, 2016 thread - some people there are really struggling so I sent some encouragement - you might want to do the same if you have a moment.

Today is Day 600 for me............

Let's keep on keeping on!