Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 22

Old 05-24-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Just a quick check-in. I have been away with work and then spent the weekend with my family. Hardly anytime to use the web at all. But back I. London now and in my routine which is great.

I will post some more tomorrow as the a rolling home now. But as always hope you are all doing well !!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

London good to see you!
Choobie you've out me in the mood for theatre, I am checking out some potential shows NOW!
Ultra what a great post. I'm a believer in things happening for a reason. There is a reason we all are here, and that we found each other on this thread are the time we did. Thank heavens we did.

I am grateful for all of the support I recieve unconditionally from each of you, you have helped me to get to where I are them today and are my biggest support network other than my family. Thank you all so so much for this.

Keep fighting the good fight, keep passing on the smiles and the baton of good will. Keep going! Xxx
Old 05-25-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Choobie, I wish I had the voice to sing in public. I love music, but it does not love me!

Ultra, your post said it all. We were very lucky to find each other on SR. As Pink wrote, the unconditional support has made the difference in our sobriety.

London and Determined, you both sound great.

I am slowly getting out of my doldrums as one of the things that is bothering me is my eating. One thing I have realized is I am starting to treat certain things like I did alcohol. If I buy a box ofa certain flavor frozen yogurt bars, I cannot rest until the box is empty. I made a batch of black bean brownies ( black beans, apple sauce, pumpkin, eggwhites, dark chocolate, cocoa, walnuts) and threw them out when I was halfway through the pan because I knew I was going to eat them all. I have had this problem in the past, and fought it by buying/making food I like, but do not love. So, if I buy the blueberry yogurt bars I will be able to eat one or two a day - the coffee/chocolate chip??? forget about it! Sometimes the box is half empty when I reach my driveway from the store.

The eating, the dust from having four rooms of flooring replaced with Pergo, my cousin's mourning - - have been the reasons for my down feelings.

I am trying.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Scooter you are so strong and I think it's awesome that you have identified the issue and are acting, such strength and insight! I am similar with food and try not to buy what makes me weak, but am not always successful! Hope the sun starts shining in your heart again soon my lovely xxx
Old 05-25-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

End of a mad Wednesday and some long hours at work but things are all fine.

Scooter don't be too hard on yourself. I think it's great you spotted the food is maybe making you feel a bit down. You will be fine in mixing things up a little.

It's a quick check in from me as I need my bed!

Have a lovely Wednesday evening all
Old 05-25-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hang in there Scooter!
Old 05-26-2016, 02:51 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday guys!

Scooter, I totally get what you are feeling. We are simply wired to go for it all the way if we like something. Works great for some things, but others it can be a challenge to pull it back. I do know this though, you can get this back on track just like the drink my friend. You identified it, called it out, and will work it through. Duck dive my friend, this will pass and the sun will be waiting for you.

Great to see everyone! The joint is jumpin up in here. I am taking a little holiday starting tonight. I have to be honest, I am on high alert as the AV has been raging. I need to pause, reflect and figure out why.

What are the plans for the weekend kids?

"Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves." Carol Pearson
Old 05-26-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Determined good call to be av aware, you got this dude! Enjoy a bit of time off xx

This weekend I have been abandoned. Other half has booked an intensive sailing course as we are building a boat, so I am trying to full up my days. So far I am going swimming with my mum tomorrow, Saturday I have a friend coming for lunch and then getting my hair done . Might see if my mum fancies the seaside on Sunday .

I am feeling vulnerable today as tonight will be my first night hone alone in a long time and I know how that used to go.......I would be wasted by lunch!
Old 05-26-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Thanks pink! Home alone does sound like a vulnerable time, but you got this! Movies, ice cream, Buddha books and eye on the prize.

I am doing a double check in. Just got to my room. They gave me two free drink tickets when I checked in!! What the hell!! Lol!!

Bedforshire and up and out tomorrow, lots to see.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Awesome, Determind you got yourself two free fancy coffees right There!
I got through the evening ok, i went to the pub or nicely to meet a friend and we sat chatting and drinking coke til 10pm and then i watched and nd bit of Micheal mcintyre and then got my head down. Today I'm chilling, going swimming later with my mum, and then picking up my partner from the station later, yay! I really do adore this man, he's my world, I honestly don't think he realises just how much he means to me!

What's everyone doing for the weekend?
Old 05-28-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I'll be purging some stuff from the house this weekend. We Rented a dumpster to clean out the basement ect. Have a great weekend Team!
Old 05-28-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Thanks for all the support - I am trying to lift myself. I am going sailing - to Martha's Vineyard in about an hour and will be back on Tuesday. I hate to admit, but my stomach flipped when Bob asked my cousin if she would like to join us - she declined because she has two sons here with their families...then, I felt guilty.

I know she is in mourning, but it is hard for me. When I went through my engagement breakup, when I realized I was an alcoholic, when I was down about my brother - etc. I always kept it to myself or my SR family or told my doctor. I think one of the things that is dragging me down is listening to my cousin constantly. She seems to be fighting with one son, one pension plan, one insurance company....and if she is not complaining about that, she is telling stories about her late husband. Her summer home is about two blocks from mine, in the same development, so I feel it is constant. And, I know this sounds nasty, but she suddenly feels I am going to do everything with her. I don't know - maybe it is me and my frustration over eating and working on the house, but I feel resentment, which is never a good thing.

Well, I am off. Have a great long weekend everyone.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a good break SB. Sounds like you need it

D
Old 05-28-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I hope you get some time to chill and disconnect scooter. Stay strong my friend.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Back home, always feels good.

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend!
Old 05-29-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

I love how you turned the drink tickets into fancy coffees, Pink! Delish!

Ultra, I hope your are finding your purge fulfilling! When we moved, we vowed to only take 50% of what each of us owned. We took far less than that and haven't had to purchase any replacements. It's great! I think we could even cull another 50%.

Determined, are you home yet? Hope so, and if not, hope you are having a great weekend!

Scooter, I hope that trip is relaxing, feels like a break, and that your return refreshed! BTW, the foods I can't turn off are peanut m&m's and Doritos. Once I have a few, I just don't stop. I never buy them for myself, but I often get them as gifts. I think we tend to go all the way-we are all in. Sometimes to our benefit, and sometimes to our detriment. I think recognizing when it is not healthy for us is how we are able to strike a balance with the way we are built. Your are very wise!

I am finished with my schoolwork for the weekend! Yes! I'll have all day tomorrow to relax and spend time with family. Really looking forward to a break.

Love to all!!
Old 05-30-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Hope you are doing OK. End of the holiday weekend here. I have spent the time with family and friends and just relaxed and enjoyed myself. Feeling very fresh and chilled, all is good. Just perfect after how mad work has been recently.

Hoping you all had a good weekend. It's great the summer is almost here. My favourite time of the year and lots to look forward to.

Take care all 😀
Old 05-30-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Good to see you london! Glad all is well your end. Hope work is less manic on your return! X
Old 05-31-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Happy Monday kids!

Hey choobie, hope you had a great day with some well deserved chillin!

Sounds like you had a great break London. Everyone sounds like they are doing well, I just read that Dee is taking a break from SR. Wow, I feel like we lost our rudder.

Let's get ready for a great week ahead. Attitude of gratitude.

"A moments insight is sometimes worth a life's experience." Oliver Holmes
Old 05-31-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

All the more important for us to be on the same team and hold each other together determined! We can do it!

I want to promise to support everyone to the best of my ability on this team. You guys are fabulous!

How's everyone doing today? Weather here is utterly pants!