last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-11-a-20.html

D
Old 03-22-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning all! I feel like the walking dead this morning. It's phlegm city over here, lovely. Looking at things positively and deciding that not being able to talk is great because if a customer asks for a discount I can just shake my head and point to the price tag. No arguments today.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not much haggling in the US over prices in retail stores. There's negotiation over items like houses, cars, etc.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Getting ready to go out for a run. It's 3 a.m. on the west coast. My hours are off, but at least I'm not up really late. I slept from about 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. I gave up and had coffee, so I guess I'm up for the day. I have a meeting at 8:45 a.m., so at least there's no chance of oversleeping.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I couldn't have done this two months ago. I would have been drunk hoping that I was sober enough for work in a few hours, or sleeping it off and hoping my alarm would wake me up. Either way, I'm thankful that that life is over.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and OOTT. I'm really glad too . It scared me that my brain would go to that place even though I feel like I'm working so hard to prevent it.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Not much haggling in the US over prices in retail stores. There's negotiation over items like houses, cars, etc.
Ha. True for retail. In the restaurant industry, however, people seem to want to contest and/or make up their own prices all the time! And rewrite the menu too lol
Old 03-22-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I work in a charity shop, we get A LOT of hagglers. Never been a problem in other stores I've worked in because it's not allowed.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I couldn't have done this two months ago. I would have been drunk hoping that I was sober enough for work in a few hours, or sleeping it off and hoping my alarm would wake me up. Either way, I'm thankful that that life is over.
Mornings were the worst, I'm glad we're past that now.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsViolet View Post
Ha. True for retail. In the restaurant industry, however, people seem to want to contest and/or make up their own prices all the time! And rewrite the menu too lol
I've never worked in a restaurant, sounds like it would make me question my faith in humanity.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Morning all! I feel like the walking dead this morning. It's phlegm city over here, lovely. Looking at things positively and deciding that not being able to talk is great because if a customer asks for a discount I can just shake my head and point to the price tag. No arguments today.
How long have you been sick now OT? Are you going to see a doc if it carries on much longer?

After quitting smoking I had a long bout of bronchitis, followed by pneumonia a couple of years ago. By the time I got medical attention I was dangerously ill. Please get your rest and see a doc if it goes on too long!
Old 03-22-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've never worked in a restaurant, sounds like it would make me question my faith in humanity.
Ha. Yes despite its perks it can be quite the demoralizing experience at times, not gonna lie lol
Old 03-22-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I work in a charity shop, we get A LOT of hagglers. Never been a problem in other stores I've worked in because it's not allowed.
I LOVE charity/thrift stores. I have gotten some great furniture in a great store called Vintage Pink in Oregon and I found a Yves St. Laurent suit that fit perfectly (almost no alteration needed) for $75. Unbelievable find. I have a bunch of thrift shops I hit every month for CDs and vinyl. There's a vinyl boom right now, so vintage records are somewhat overpriced, but it's the Golden Age of CDs, and I'm able to pick up used CDs for $1 each sometimes. You can't beat that when itunes charges .99 cents a song, sometimes more. I can just get a CD and rip it to mp3 and I'm good to go! Love it.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning folks,
Woke up 4-5 pages behind again ! Lol
Day 1 of 4. Please get me through Lord.
7 yr old hot sick last night, threw up in beds couple of times. Poor little fellow. I think he found a sippy drink cup with old milk in it.
Glad to see y'all this morning.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Only a couple of days Violet, I'm just letting it run it's course. I just spent some money on a slightly better cough medicine and it's worked wonders already. It takes a lot to get me to the doctors.

And ha! I feel like that about retail sometimes. Talking to my regular customers is great but sometimes people can be rather testing.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I LOVE charity/thrift stores. I have gotten some great furniture in a great store called Vintage Pink in Oregon and I found a St. Yves Laurent suit that fit perfectly (almost no alteration needed) for $75. Unbelievable find. I have a bunch of thrift shops I hit every month for CDs and vinyl. There's a vinyl boom right now, so vintage records are somewhat overpriced, but it's the Golden Age of CDs, and I'm able to pick up used CDs for $1 each sometimes. You can't beat that when itunes charges .99 cents a song, sometimes more. I can just get a CD and rip it to mp3 and I'm good to go! Love it.
Sometimes we get stuff in and I can't believe people have brought it in and not tried to sell it on eBay or anything. A lot of them just can't be bothered.

We get a lot of people stocking up on CDs here too, one man just filled a box with all our rock and metal albums and bought them all. I had money in the till, he had a bargain, brilliant.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Morning folks,
Woke up 4-5 pages behind again ! Lol
Day 1 of 4. Please get me through Lord.
7 yr old hot sick last night, threw up in beds couple of times. Poor little fellow. I think he found a sippy drink cup with old milk in it.
Glad to see y'all this morning.
Hope he's feeling better JL. Good luck at work today.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Okay, it stopped raining, time for my run. Later, Zanies!
Old 03-22-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Bus is due, gotta dash! Catch ya later!