Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 12

Old 03-22-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey spadge !
Old 03-22-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Im pretty long in the tooth too, but never heard of it. I mustve lived under a rock or something
It was old when I was young. I thought a helter skelter was the name for a playground slide in England, but maybe its a regional thing. I was trying to be an Anglophile and I failed miserably!!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Hey spadge !
Hey I'm so sorry I havn't posted in awhile but I am reading all of your posts all day every day. just not got much to tell you apart from Im sober! xxx
Old 03-22-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I've just remembered something! Last time I gave up (25 days) I felt very spiritual and at peace. This time round I just don't feel it - I feel that I've let him down and he's got the huff on with me lol. My friend says that is not the case and that it is my conscience. I hope so xx
Old 03-22-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Feeling old too. Tomorrow is 7 weeks for OOTT.!!
It's almost seven weeks for us, my Sober Brother? I am so pumped. Congrats, Badger.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spadge View Post
I'm still here peeps!!! Just not posted but been keeping up with your posts.

Hugs to those who need one and well done for all who are reaching milestones.

Not got much to tell you really apart from I am bored which is one of the reasons I drank! Im going to look for a part time voluntary job when I'm feeling stronger. I would love to work in a charity shop sounds fun!

Daughter and hubby are back off their honeymoon tomoz so no doubt I will be seeing all the fotos of their holiday soon. I have really missed her.

Day 10 and still strong. God bless you all xxx
Volunteering is great, it really helped grow my confidence and I made good friends through it. I get paid now because I'm trained to cover when no one else is around. It'll definitely kill that boredom as well. Well done on Day 10.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Not staying tonight guys, feeling rough and need to wake up early for work tomorrow. Probably won't make a morning check-in so I'll catch you all in the evening. Goodnight.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 10, spadge.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi guys!!

You guys are doing awesome. Thought I'd pop in and just say hello. 44 days today.

One of my boys brought home school work, like every week, and one of the questions / projects was, what's worth more than gold to you.... He wrote, my mom and dad. Can't say he would have written that 44 days ago!!!
Old 03-22-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I am going to watch Orphan black. I give myself five minutes and I will be sleep.
Tomorrow guys.... I mean business . My drinking really hurt my body. Gonna up my game.
Helter shelter Cococo is so much fun :-)

So I am guessing Jeni, Badger and OOTT are way up front. Come on guys.. beat my 51 days an show me how it's done. Speak tomorrow
Old 03-22-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
I am going to watch Orphan black. I give myself five minutes and I will be sleep.
Tomorrow guys.... I mean business . My drinking really hurt my body. Gonna up my game.

So I am guessing Jeni, Badger and OOTT are way up front. Come on guys.. beat my 51 days an show me how it's done. Speak tomorrow
Unless Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy Page come by my house at midnight tonight carrying bottles of Jack Daniels and wanting to jam, I'm confident I'll make it to Day 51.
Knb, kidding aside, I'm glad you're back and posting. This isn't an exact science, and having a drink or having a relapse isn't the end of the world. We've all been drunk.... it's not like you robbed a bank or something. The important thing is that you're sticking with it. What would suck is if you disappeared, knb. As long as you're here, you're trying and you'll get it right this next time, I know.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post

Orphan Black is good, Ive watched all episodes season 1 and 2 now.
So much for my busy day. Done nothing except lay on couch and message and read on here. Feeling really nauseous like morning sickness (but Im not lol). Going to have a little lay down in bed now. Feel really vomitty.

Rest well knb
Old 03-22-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
What would suck is if you disappeared, knb. As long as you're here, you're trying and you'll get it right this next time, I know.
Hi KNB - glad you are here!
Old 03-22-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Mel! I'm younger than JL's siblings… but I come from a big family with older siblings, who taught me [music], tortured me -- all that good and bad stuff..
Thanks GG - I have been following your messages, which I definitely appreciate. Thank you. I hope your situation resolves itself in the best possible way to pave the way to better days ahead. I look forward to continuing to read your updates.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Unless Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy Page come by my house at midnight tonight carrying bottles of Jack Daniels and wanting to jam, I'm confident I'll make it to Day 51.
Knb, kidding aside, I'm glad you're back and posting. This isn't an exact science, and having a drink or having a relapse isn't the end of the world. We've all been drunk.... it's not like you robbed a bank or something. The important thing is that you're sticking with it. What would suck is if you disappeared, knb. As long as you're here, you're trying and you'll get it right this next time, I know.
If you were jamming with these men I would be coming over with Coke.

Diet Coke :-)

Night
Old 03-22-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Orphan Black is good, Ive watched all episodes season 1 and 2 now.
So much for my busy day. Done nothing except lay on couch and message and read on here. Feeling really nauseous like morning sickness (but Im not lol). Going to have a little lay down in bed now. Feel really vomitty.

Rest well knb
I will Cococo. I was up since 3 am last night. Why you feeling ill?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
Hi KNB - glad you are here!
I am half back. Still recovering from the shock but getting there. :-)
Old 03-22-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Not staying tonight guys, feeling rough and need to wake up early for work tomorrow. Probably won't make a morning check-in so I'll catch you all in the evening. Goodnight.
Night OT. I have missed saying goodmorning to you
Old 03-22-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

It was old when I was young. I thought a helter skelter was the name for a playground slide in England, but maybe its a regional thing. I was trying to be an Anglophile and I failed miserably!!
Aw, F me sideways, but why on earth would you need to think that??

ANGLOphile is truly, totally overrated. Just Google it. Better yet, just look it up, ANYwhere. Better yet, just look at knb's avatar. She has changed it multiple times -- and yet she should NOT have to do that.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Aw, F me sideways, but why on earth would you need to think that??

ANGLOphile is truly, totally overrated. Just Google it. Better yet, just look it up, ANYwhere. Better yet, just look at knb's avatar. She has changed it multiple times -- and he she should NOT have to do that.
I know, she's always mixing it up, keeping it fresh! No need, really.