Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 11

Old 03-21-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I've got 3 boys.
It's not funny, but boys will train their moms as far as they can push it. Play that pity harp , and pull moms heart strings as hard as they can. Gotta love em.
If I had a daughter I'd be a wreck probably. Haha !
Well my official day off today. Turned off cold. Wife is feeling a little better. Not being with a drunk is helping I'm sure, somehow. Got my little guy til 7 yr old out of school, then both til mom home from class after work.
I'm gonna look for spritzer a today if I go out.
Today is 4 weeks
28 days.
I guess I'll look at a month as 30 days, because isn't it suposed to change for the better after 90 days ??
I'm still taking a sleeping pill earlier in the evening to not be too antsy in the evenings. It may just be general anxiety holding over from when I'd drink, because I really notice it on the weekends.
Glad so glad I'm sober !!
Old 03-21-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 4 weeks JL - that's great stuff

D
Old 03-21-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I remember starting to drink more when my daughter was very little and being a lonely stay at home mom was frustrating. The wine at 3-4 in the afternoon symbolized I was done "my job" for the day but we all know it really never ends. Cococo if you are crafty it is so easy to come up with things to make and sell on Etsy. I also did data entry and admin work from home using odesk which is now upwork. Its a great way to get more social interactions going in your day. JL great work! I wonder how much different 90 days feels? Maybe its how I feel now? I didnt drink hardly at all the two months before I quit. Was trying to moderate by only drinking on the weekends - but then of course on the weekend I would go off the deep end - crying, blacking out, feeling so humiliated when I woke up and like crap from drinking so much. Ah the good ol days. NOT!
Old 03-21-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Can't ignore how unwell I'm feeling today so it's a day in with Netflix, pjs, soup and ice cream.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Ot--Be good to yourself. You've had quite a run with being sick. Sometimes it is nice though to have a break from the world.

Today is day 21 for me and I've been waiting for it for a while. Something about 3 weeks starts, for me, to feel like a good, long time.

This week is my vacation week. All I have planned is things around the house and working out and continuing on my eating right plan. I've lost 25 pounds so far since January started. Almost halfway to my goal. I intentionally planned this week.

Have a good day, everyone!
Lee
Old 03-21-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're doing great Lee, keep it up! Congrats on 3 weeks.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Congrats Lee! Take care of yourself OT, hope you feel better soon. Day 6 here, can't wait for morning anxiety to go away!
Old 03-21-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Almost a week now Sadie! I've found getting my thoughts out in a journal before I go to bed has helped with my morning anxiety. Sometimes I write a lot, sometimes it's only a couple of words. Just sticking to it is really working for me. Is that something you can try?
Old 03-21-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I journal a lot too, but I don't hold myself to any particular amount of writing. I'm like OT--Sometimes a lot, sometimes just a couple of words...but I write almost every day. It really helps me a lot. I also try to journal a lot about my dreams--I have always had very interesting dreams, and I do believe they are a window to the soul. I think it is about all of us getting to know ourselves better now that we are sober--to really KNOW the "real" us, through clear eyes and a fresh perspective.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Monday morning here. I overslept and have an unusually busy schedule for Monday.

Feel better OT. You should plan a day in bed like that when you are feeling well. It sounds like heaven to me today (not the sick part, of course).

Those are incredible accomplishments, Lee! Enjoy the first day of vacation!

PHRD - I spent way too much time trying to moderate. Weekends only, just beer and wine, etc. and rationalizing why I should be able to drink socially. It's all a bunch of bunk and I wish I had listened to the folks here at SR sooner. Removing alcohol as an option for me, seems easier somehow.

Back to work for me. Peace, Doodles!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good luck with your day Auggie. I like to be a productive as possible nowadays, but laying in bed binge watching How I Met Your Mother isn't all bad.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Day 22! Whoop whoop.

JL congrats on your milestone, proud of ya!

OT I wish I could have a day in bed (not sick) to binge watch How I Met Your Mother. Fun show. When all three of my kids are in school I plan on treating myself a bit before going back to work officially, and stuff like that will be on my list hahaha. I can't even do that when I'm sick right now.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

(((((JL))))))- soooooo awesome!!!
Old 03-21-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

I'm off to meet the attorney that I will likely hire, then to another who sounded a bit arrogant on the phone, but I suppose that isn't a bad quality in a lawyer? :eye roll:

Wish me luck. Things have been more tense than ever with my husband. I need to get through all of this sober!!

Old 03-21-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good luck GG!
Old 03-21-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thank y'all for well wishes !
My actively drinking/pill/THC brother sending a steady stream of bible verses and texts about "bad oncology reports", that he can " only talk about on the phone".
Idiot. No way am I, nor my sister ( home from the hospital) going to get on the phone with him lying about poor pitiful him and his fake medical conditions. If any real conditions come up, no one believes him, because at at 60, he's run the gambit of illnesses he claims he has.
Alone, circling the drain, is no place for a person to be, but I've never met many people who actually just want to suck other people in to join tgem in the ride down. They're really out there, though. I wish I wasn't family to one. It's a really troubling moral issue.
Lying, denial, addiction, and religion, are an ugly mix.
Shew!
Sorry for the gripe.
Some people have a lot ( financial security ), and have nothing at the same time.

(Screeeech !------ change gears...)

GG, I hope today goes good for you.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
I'm off to meet the attorney that I will likely hire, then to another who sounded a bit arrogant on the phone, but I suppose that isn't a bad quality in a lawyer? :eye roll:

Wish me luck. Things have been more tense than ever with my husband. I need to get through all of this sober!!

GG, let me know if you have any questions about your atty, who to hire, etc. I have some knowledge in this area.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Thank y'all for well wishes !
My actively drinking/pill/THC brother sending a steady stream of bible verses and texts about "bad oncology reports", that he can " only talk about on the phone".
Idiot. No way am I, nor my sister ( home from the hospital) going to get on the phone with him lying about poor pitiful him and his fake medical conditions. If any real conditions come up, no one believes him, because at at 60, he's run the gambit of illnesses he claims he has.
Alone, circling the drain, is no place for a person to be, but I've never met many people who actually just want to suck other people in to join tgem in the ride down. They're really out there, though. I wish I wasn't family to one. It's a really troubling moral issue.
Lying, denial, addiction, and religion, are an ugly mix.
Shew!
Sorry for the gripe.
Some people have a lot ( financial security ), and have nothing at the same time.

(Screeeech !------ change gears...)

GG, I hope today goes good for you.
Unfriend your toxic brother and tell him to lose your number.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning all you Groovy Peeps, and a shout out to Leezer on day 21!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

OOTT