Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 03-21-2016, 05:39 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 2 for me today. I'm about to get ready for work. I have a long day today. I work from 10am to 8:30pm. Hope everyone has a great Monday

Originally Posted by 5upersonic View Post

I had a weak moment on Friday evening and I just went into autopilot. It felt like the alcohol consumed me before I started to consume it.

I continued drinking into Saturday until I passed out on the sofa. I fought the temptation to drink yesterday and I'm back on day 2.
5uperson, this sounds extremely similar to what happened to me this weekend. I am way too familiar with drinking on auto pilot. Its like I know what I am doing but I just cant stop myself. At that point, I am just watching myself go through the motions... it is the strangest thing. But good job on day 2 and good luck this week!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Supersonic, ItsJustMe, Hang in there. Go over your plans, you can do this. We're all in this together.

Mish, Pegalonic - I agree. If thoughts occur, I think, no, my class is supporting me. Good to see I'm not the only one.

ChickChick - Good morning! Enjoy your Chicks! I grin when I think of you out there chasing them.

Kwhite, you are showing incredible strength. It might not feel like it, but it's evident to us. Good luck today.

Here for 24 more sober hours. I'm supposed to be working, so everyone, have a fantastic day, I will check in later.

This is the Best Group Ever. So proud to be a part of it.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 22. Sunny out but cold. I felt a little longing already with the sun, and spring coming in. Pity party right here at 9 AM. Ugh!

Chick what is this thing you speak of - you waking the kids up...?! Mine wake ME up! Too EARLY! (And baby all night!). When does that all change lol! People always tell me someday you'll be dragging them out of bed.

I'm glad it's Monday and not Friday bc I feel sad about not drinking. Silly, stupid, crazy...of course. I know that. Gonna work on switching this mood around!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

22 days Applecat!!! OUTSTANDING
Old 03-21-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Vinificent, Fabela - Have a Fabelous day! (See what I did there?)

Argent - I hate those dreams. I think they have subsided for me, we'll see.

Lilly, I truly hope things turn for you soon. Very proud of you for 31 days, has to be extremely difficult with everything you are going through.

AppleKat - you got this. One day at a time. Enjoy this age with your kids, it really does pass too quickly. (I have four 18-28)

Last edited by Bobbieka; 03-21-2016 at 06:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-21-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
ChickChick - Good morning! Enjoy your Chicks! I grin when I think of you out there chasing them.
Haha! Actually often it's them chasing me down for food and treats. Yesterday when I got home from the storest one of my kids was unloading the car and left the back open between trips. I walked out to help and there was a chicken in the back of my car pecking at the bags!! Lol. You'd think we were starving them! She wasn't happy about getting out either. Luckily I got her out before she had an accident in there!

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Chick what is this thing you speak of - you waking the kids up...?! Mine wake ME up! Too EARLY! (And baby all night!). When does that all change lol! People always tell me someday you'll be dragging them out of bed.
It's true! Some day they will actually sleep late and you have to bribe them out of bed! I actually have 3 early risers and one (the youngest) that loves his sleep. I'm a bit of a morning person when I'm not drinking though, so I don't mind.
My daughter (almost 15) has to be drug out of her room.... and then her attitude makes me want her to go right back in
... yikes! Teen PMS is not pretty! Lol.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi all. Today 22 here, and I have still managed to maintain my sobriety. I was on retreat with some women for five days and that was very helpful. First of all none of them knows me as an alcoholic, so it was not something that I thought was hovering in the air. Also, I was busy and doing things and I really enjoyed it also, and very importantly, there was no opportunity. So that was helpful to reach this stage.

I'm particularly proud that I went to dinner At my kids house last night, and they made a nice pasta dinner which was perfect since I was so tired from being gone,
They both drank a wonderful bottle of one right there at the table, and I didn't have any. So I'm building up some strengths I guess.

I think that I can give up most of the iterations of my addiction, but nice wine at dinner is more difficult than anything else.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

AppleKat - you got this. One day at a time. Enjoy this age with your kids, it really does pass too quickly. (I have four 18-28)
This, exactly. I already morn not having a little one about. My four are 7- almost 15.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

*lol* Bobbieka, good one.

My house smells like Christmas. My freezer is full and I needed more space, so I'm cooking the turkey I bought in January (I'm a sucker for special offers...). I'm cutting carbs, so no potatoes for me, but I'm making a wonderful gravy with lots of heavy cream and red cabbage, so that'll do.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

That sounds wonderful Fabela! I was just thinking I need to clean the deep freeze out. That might be on hubby's honey do list this weekend.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 9 here. Got an absolutely great night's sleep except my landlord, who I share a bedroom wall with, went out of town but forgot to turn off their 6:30 am alarm so I got to hear it going off for 30-45 minutes this morning with no one to turn it off before it finally gave up and quit beeping.

I'm feeling better. Not 100% but better. Throat is still a little raw but my head isn't hurting anymore and the back/shoulder/neck soreness that was starting last night is gone. I think I'll survive this illness.

Work this evening. No other plans for the day. I might run to the library. Might not.

I'm trying to remember there's no such thing as "asking for too much help" in any part of this forum, immri. I didn't ask for help last year when I needed it because of some of the same thinking and it led to my drinking again. Anyways, you still did the right thing by talking about your cravings here and I'm glad you went to that AA meeting.

Always nice to see you checking in on us, venuscat. Congrats on your recent 18-month milestone! And I know you were just joking, but please don't ever feel like you're "butting in" here. We all need all the support we can get. Also thanks to Odelle for her support from the January 2016 class. And of course as always we wouldn't be the same without Dee74's example.

How are doing today, Mish? So so glad you didn't give in and take that first drink. Glad the thought of us helped you get through those cravings but remember it helps even more to tell us about those cravings as they're happening. Take the power away from those thoughts by voicing them, by asking for help. So proud of you for doing the right thing for your recovery. Check in often today please!

Thanks for keeping that list updated, KiKi0615. Hope anyone on that list who hasn't checked in lately does so soon.

Congrats on finishing day 15, PeacefulRain. Remember you can always come on here and talk about those cravings when they're happening. You don't have to fight them alone. Sometimes just the simple act of admitting them to someone else can take them away.

Hope you're feeling better too, ChickChick. And about that chicken trying to eat your groceries--see I told you those birds aren't to be trusted!

Sorry you decided to drink, ItsJustMe89 but glad you're back here on the road to recovery with us. Use us and that sponsor when those cravings hit next time! Asking for help is hard but absolutely necessary. We can't do this alone.

Welcome to the Class of March 2016, CheckMyself! We've got a great group here and I look forward to getting to know you better. Drink lots of water, whether you want to or not. Your body needs it.

5upersonic, I am also sorry you decided to drink but glad you're back with us. Like I said a couple of paragraphs above, hope you'll give us a chance to help you next time. We can't help if we don't know you're hurting. Anyways, good idea to keep the booze out of the house and good job talking to your wife about doing the same.

Drinking dreams are so common, ArgentOfSilvae. I think it's pretty telling that they're almost always better described as drinking nightmares like yours was. Even our subconscious knows we're not supposed to be drinking that poison!

Congrats on day six, Fabela. Enjoy your cats and kids! And a house that smells like Christmas in March sounds like paradise on earth today.

Thanks for checking in, JustQuit2016. You are doing great.

Congratulations on another day clean, Kwhite. Best of luck with your interview and applications today. It makes me so happy every time I see you've checked in with good news. Let us know how it all goes today! Whether you get these first jobs or not, it's awesome that you're moving forward.

i also was a victim of many drunken injuries, Pelagic263. While this one wasn't a mystery drunken one, the one that sticks with me the most is back in 2005 or so I decided late one night to walk home the two or three miles from my favorite bar. About halfway home I guess I decided it'd be a good idea to take a nap in someone's front yard. I woke up at some point covered in fire ants. Ended up with over 200 bites. It's a miracle I'm still alive today with all the stupid stories like this that I have.

Congrats on your sober weekend, Vinificent!

Sorry you're having a rough time with family, LostLilly. Remember that drinking is not going to make it any better. We're here if you need to talk about it.

How are you doing today, Bobbieka? Always glad to see you posting or even just hitting that "thanks" button. I can tell you spend as much time here as I do.

22 days is amazing, Applekat! Don't be sad about not drinking, be glad that you'll never have to do an awful day one again as long as you don't take that first drink.

That retreat sounds like such a great way to spend some sober time, Missy7. When those romantic thoughts about how great a bottle of wine with dinner is come up, try to think past that bottle to all the reasons you are quitting. Play that tape through to all the negative consequences that led you to this point.

Thanks for letting me ramble on there. Wishing everyone here a safe and sober Monday/Australian Tuesday. Check in often and remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Apple mat: I know exactly what you mean about feeling sad about not drinking. We need to remake our lives. It's really hard isn't it?
Old 03-21-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Yeah Casey. I'm on here a lot. I need it. I was talking to my 20 yr old daughter, explaining to her about this forum, and the 24 hour thread and my dreams where I drank and couldn't post and how bad that made me feel. She laughed and said, "you're so competitive, even in this, you have to rack up more days than everyone else." She's not far off.

I have urges sometimes. Not like I used to. Urge surfing, journaling, reading everyone's posts helps a lot. Deciding to be active in my recovery. Sometimes I think, hey, I got this. I keep telling myself it will always be a daily battle, and not to get complacent.

People like you and Kris47 and Kiki have helped a lot and shown us newbies how to be. I don't always know what to post, so I read a lot. I don't really like to share, but I'm getting better at it. It really does help. I've said it before, but thanks for all you do. It really has made a difference. Knowing that people see what you're doing and relate to what I'm going through.

Btw, I do have this. I won't get complacent. It's too important not to.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Deciding to be active in my recovery.
^^^^ This one phrase nails it for me ^^^^
Old 03-21-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Day 3 here....think I'm starting to come round but just got that horrible fluy, head full of cotton wool thing going on.

Hope everyone's well and on the road to recovery.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to the Class of March 2016, Stiltskin. There's some great support to be found here. I look forward to getting to know you better in recovery.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling a bit better Casey. I'm just a bit congested still but I feel pretty good otherwise.

You are right... this is the face of a chicken you shouldn'the trust.... lol. The grocery steeler culprit Miss Lucy.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yeah, you can just see the devious thoughts churning behind those evil chicken eyes. Reminds me of some of my old girlfriends.

That bird is HUGE. If it went after my groceries, I'd let it have them!

I like the little yellow puffballs in your avatar better.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Casey, I love that you answer each and every one of us. Makes us feel.... I don't know.... seen? The most important thing for me as a teacher is to make sure I see every single student, talk to them, pat them on the shoulder or just give them that extra smile. And I find that it is just as important for me as an adult to be seen, and I guess it's not just me?

I'm glad you feel better. And the turkey was delicious.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Casey, I love that you answer each and every one of us. Makes us feel.... I don't know.... seen? The most important thing for me as a teacher is to make sure I see every single student, talk to them, pat them on the shoulder or just give them that extra smile. And I find that it is just as important for me as an adult to be seen, and I guess it's not just me?

I'm glad you feel better. And the turkey was delicious.
Thanks but honestly I do it just as much (or more) for me as I do it for any of you. I'm not attending AA meetings currently but have in the past and while I have some issues with some of the program, I do know that they got one thing right for sure--there is an amazing healing power in the act of one alcoholic helping another.

Staying active in here is how I got the best sober time of my life last year. And when I stopped doing those things that got me sober after four months or so, it wasn't long until I started drinking again myself. So I'm not doing that this time. It's worked for folks like Dee and soberwolf and Incontrol, it can work for me.