Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 33

Old 08-04-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Wow it's great to see you Brooksie,
Separating from my parents (and whole family actually) was the best thing I've ever done. Thank you for the analogy of going orange shopping at the hardware store. I'm happy to hear you all are doing good and celebrating anniversaries!
Hi everyone! Kaneda, thanks for bumping this thread, I’m dealing with some family contact issues that are doing my head in and seeing this post from last year is a good reminder that I’m doing a good thing for myself. I hope you’re all doing well
Old 09-25-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey all! Now I bump the thread, wishing you all the best! I am still sober, since 1st september 2013. Do not miss drinking at all but the awful memories are still there and I feel uncomfortable around drunk persons. I went to a medical course last month and my professor,from my old department where I worked in 2013 held a lecture. But she had missed her plane there and was late and mildly drunk. Supposed that she got angry or something at the AirPort and had abit too much. I noticed immediately and felt bad for her and myself. She didn't drink too much in the past. It must have crept up on her as it did on my and all of us.
Anyway, I hope it was an isolated mistake but my gut feeling tells me otherwise
Reminds me of how lucky I am to be free from it, it had truly become a shackle.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

really good to hear from you workoholic - congrats on your sober time

D
Old 09-25-2018, 08:20 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Work, it is so good to hear from you! Really great news that you are doing well.

Yes, it’s sad to see friends experiencing the affects of alcohol. We’ve all been there.

My sobriety has been off and on. But recent events I think will change that.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. I am not going to lie, I’m a little freaked out. However I am trying to be smart and getting a plan together. Hoping it isn’t too far along.

I have absolutely no interest in putting anything harmful in my body...so this really is sobriety for me. Guess it took a health crisis to experience my rock bottom.

Five years sober is an achievement! Congrats to you Work!
Old 09-26-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Yikes! Are you in the diagnostic work up process Lillian? Perhaps it is a benign lesion?
Old 09-26-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hi Work,
I wish it weren’t for certain. We’ve done a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy. Results show a 2.7 cm invasive carcinoma...Estrogen receptor positive, progesterone receptor positive, HERS2 negative. Lymph nodes under my arm seem clear, but that’s just based on physical exam and ultrasound.

I’m in the process of scheduling an MRI, and so I don’t know the results of that yet...whether it’s spread. The waiting is high anxiety!

Any words of wisdom here would be appreciated Dr Work!
Old 09-27-2018, 09:28 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Aha, perhaps the MRI findings will help decide if and how to operate. My knowledge of breast cancer and breast imaging is limited, I just spent a few weeks in mammography during my training. As far as I know her2 gene negative and hormone receptor positive is a good thing making the tumor susceptible to hormonal therapy. That gives more options on how to treat. If the lymph nodes seem ok chances are that surgery might be possible. As I mentioned though this not my field of expertise, I mostly work with tumors of the head, neck and brain.
I am hoping they find the best treatment for you!
Old 10-08-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for all you're going through, Lillian! How awful.

Congrats to all who celebrated 5 years! My 5 year was the 16th. We celebrated with pastries at my AA meeting - yum! I still go to at least 5 meetings every week, plus I lead a 12&12 study at a local women's rehab house, I lead an AA Bible study one night a week, and I lead the music portion of a recovery church service each Sunday night. In between all that, I sponsor a number of women. These things truly help me to stay sober and build a better, stronger, more balanced, grateful, and serene life.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again PBC

D
Old 10-11-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear peanutbuttercup!
Old 10-13-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I was a part of this group as kellbell. I noticed there was activity on here and popped in to say hi I am just a couple days away from 6 months of sobriety so I'm pretty proud of that!

Kane - I always remember being so proud of you. It does not surprise me at all that you are still sober after all this time. Same for you Work

Lillian - I am so sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. I'll be praying for you. <3

Hi brooksie, hi Plenny. Good to see familar names. I hope this finds everyone well.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

oh wow PBC, you too? I knew September 2013 was a rockin group! Congrats to all who hit 5 years in September! Truly amazing!!
Old 10-13-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back Kgirl

D
Old 12-08-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Great to catch up on this. I hope you’ve received good news, Lillian, my prayers are with you.

I remember you, kgirl41 . Solid progress indeed, keep working at it !

PBC and Worko, congrats on 5 years too ! Seems like yesterday but my brain says its been a while.

Fond wishes to all !