Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 9

Old 03-14-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
lol you crack me up knb. That made me laugh haha
I swear it's the truth. Believe me when I say I am intelligent but I do have my moments.

I forgot that a screwdriver is a drink too. I only knew wine. That's what I drank. I was a right wine head. Just think if I hadn't stopped. I would have drank between 74 to 100 bottles by now. Crazy eh! Crazy....it shocks me to post that.

My liver is thanking me bigtime
Old 03-14-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Truth be told it doesn't really matter what our numbers are as long as it is positive. All that barbell talk has me excited. Off to the gym now.
Thanks for the class list. I lost track of doing it. And it used to take about an hour or 2 to update in the morning because this is a big class and we post a lot. I had to make sure I read all the posts so I could ensure that I captured what everybody said their day count was, and/or any slips/resets. And then I wanted to read, reply and post as usual on top of that. It took up my entire morning when I had other balls to juggle as well.

Im on day 5 by the way.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I am a real badger. No pun intended. Unfortunately I did train for and run marathons to limit my ability to drink. Pathetic...
I am glad you are a badger. Badgers are nice creatures
Old 03-14-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
I swear it's the truth. Believe me when I say I am intelligent but I do have my moments.

I forgot that a screwdriver is a drink too. I only knew wine. That's what I drank. I was a right wine head. Just think if I hadn't stopped. I would have drank between 74 to 100 bottles by now. Crazy eh! Crazy....it shocks me to post that.

My liver is thanking me bigtime
So you used to drink how many bottles of wine per week on average? About 14?
Old 03-14-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
It wasn't as crazy as it seems because when you're exercising, you can burn off some of the alcohol haze. The biggest problem is that I had to really concentrate in traffic when drinking, and I had to think through the dismounts when I was clipped into my petals. More than once I've fallen over at a stoplight while clipped in!
When I would run, drinking wasn't beneficial, but my friends and I got into using edible marijuana (legal in my state) for longer runs. Sometimes at a track I'd have beer or even seagrams wine coolers in my water bottle, but drinking and running wasn't my big thing. Drinking and bicycling, that's a different story!
Ok. You answered my question.

Man you were a bit rock n roll OOTT. I see being this sober is massive for you.

Well not just you.. Every sober day is massive to all of us
Old 03-14-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Yes.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

OOTT - My Man. Day 40. Six weeks coming up!!
I know!!!!!!!! 40 days!!!!!!!!! I was thinking about it this morning when driving to work. Un freaking believable. I am soooo happy.

"Badgers? We don't got no badgers!!! We don't need no stinkin' badgers!!!"
Old 03-14-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Ok. You answered my question.

Man you were a bit rock n roll OOTT. I see being this sober is massive for you.

Well not just you.. Every sober day is massive to all of us
I'm on the fringes of the music industry. Apparently it rubbed off on me.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

But you weren't drinking your alcohol while running??
OOTT said he did whilst biking but doing it whilst running really wasn't his thing.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

I could be classified as a functioning alcohol because I still had my business, home, car etc but not sure if t makes a difference to be called chronic or functioning etc.
I didn't drink before I went to work and during work but I stank of alcohol. It was in my pores. My bed sheets stank of it. I was constantly topping my body up.If a policeman had stopped me the next day I would have definitely been over the limit.

On my days off I did drink first thing in the morning and drunk during the day and if I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't go to work some days cause of my hangover. I was hiding my wine in coffee cups. I had a secret stash whenever I was visiting friends (in case they didn't have enough). I started lying to my family that I couldn't drive anywhere because my car broke down numerous times ( excuse to drink and not have to drive and collect my son from my family).

And that awful fear of what if I lost my job..I would drink all day then

Scares me now to think this is who I am
Old 03-14-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

So how fast do you run a 10 km at your fittest?
I had to look it up. My best marathon was 3:38:12. I don't run marathons any more.
I think my best 10k was about four years ago and my pace was 7:01 or 7:03.
Last October I was happy to finish at 55 minutes for a 10k, so I've slowed down considerably. I would love to have an 8 minute pace in September.
what about you, knb?
Old 03-14-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

OOTT said he did whilst biking but doing it whilst running really wasn't his thing.
Hey co3. Noticed you had quit drugs 20 years ago. Same with me. I was terrible.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Right. I've run while high, but drinking really slows you down and you lose your concentration, which you need for running. You just feel bloated and full of water, whereas it more or less worked with biking (sort of) because you're drinking water anyway, so why not spice it up with vodka, right? That was my thinking anyway. I was very, very sick and mentally confused.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Yes.
Your liver will be loving you alright. Youre going to be on day 50 tomorrow! Amazing! Do you have a plan to treat yourself to something REALLY special at certain milestones? My sponsor said she treated herself at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year etc. I like this idea.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I had to look it up. My best marathon was 3:38:12. I don't run marathons any more.
I think my best 10k was about four years ago and my pace was 7:01 or 7:03.
Last October I was happy to finish at 55 minutes for a 10k, so I've slowed down considerably. I would love to have an 8 minute pace in September.
what about you, knb?
I once ran it in one hour and five mins. Not bad going consideringI am only 5 ft 1 . I was also drinking at that time . Maybe this time I could run it under one hour if I manage to eventually get my lazy ass of the couch and stop eating blasted sugary crap. I possibly could . It's a goal
Old 03-14-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

My day did get better, thank goodness! Three of us have been working on a presentation to management for the better part of 6 weeks and we did a "dry run" for my boss and project manager. She loved it! I seriously thought she was going to cry, she was so proud of me. Happy dance. I couldn't have done it without my co-workers. I was more of the "slave driver" scheduling the meetings and driving the deadlines but they are super techie (I'm just a "geek") and pulled it together.

On a sad note, one of the women that attends the 12 step class at our church overdosed on heroin last night. She was only 33. I didn't know her, as she just attended the class and listened to the message, she never shared in group, but it's so sad. She had told everyone she had a problem with coke, but had quit. I'm guessing it was an accidental overdose...either way, it's tragic.

Not sure if that's what's causing my anxiety tonight or what but it is raging! This is a close as I've come to wanting a drink in weeks. So, I put on my really ugly pjs and said, "there, now you won't go out in that get up for anything". I have penguins skiing on my pants and my "Coolest Grandma In the World" sweatshirt on. Nothing matches. But dang, this anxiety is the worst.

I'm going to make a cup of tea, do some reading in my recovery book and try to settle down. I could go in the hot tub but I'm just not feeling it now. Maybe after the tea.

Please send me some calming vibes :-)
Old 03-14-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Your liver will be loving you alright. Youre going to be on day 50 tomorrow! Amazing! Do you have a plan to treat yourself to something REALLY special at certain milestones? My sponsor said she treated herself at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year etc. I like this idea.
Iyeah they say these are milestones of change. They say you change a lot in a year. I am really intrigued to know what I am like as a person who one year sobriety. If that's possible.
But I have been treating myself faaar too much. I have bought myself all sorts of nice treats in the past weeks so I haven't saved any money at all. In fact I am more in deficit because I have treated myself a lot. I got myself lovely new clothes, toileteries, brand new treadmill ...
Old 03-14-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Designer handbags..
Old 03-14-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Nike trainers.....
Old 03-14-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I once ran it in one hour and five mins. Not bad going consideringI am only 5 ft 1 . I was also drinking at that time . Maybe this time I could run it under one hour if I manage to eventually get my lazy ass of the couch and stop eating blasted sugary crap. I possibly could . It's a goal
You can! You can do it!!! I put on a lot of weight as I descended to alcoholism, and I just stopped running and exercising altogether. I got semi-sober and trained last summer and was surprised to learn that I didn't destroy my body. But I'm definitely slower than I was. Anyway, now that you're completely sober, it will come back for you fast!!