Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 03-11-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Anxious, busy day coming to a close! Hope everyone had a great Friday! I wish I could just calm my crazy, racing brain down. Some people are so naturally mellow. I am jealous of such people!!!!

Lilly
Old 03-11-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Hang in there Kiki. P.m. me if you like. I'm here under 12, feeling good, not bloated, prep dinner and am off to work. Hope everyone has a good
Thanks Missy! Great job on day 12! I made it thru the day. I also got some exercise. I feel better than I did this morning. :-)
Old 03-11-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Hi! I am on day 1. Feeling awful. Tired of this cycle. I want to live a better life but keep failing.
Oh Rah...I know how you feel. I have been on the same cycle and am only finishing day 3. We can do this. Never give up!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I will definitely have a plan while hubby is out of town. I am NOT going back to that life!!!!

It's a sober Friday night here. I made a delicious dinner and the kids and I watched Big Hero 6. Now the kids are off to bed and I downloaded another book, the sequel to book I just read. The saga continues 😝
Old 03-11-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I just want to reiterate something I posted yesterday, LISTEN and ACT on the advice here. It makes a huge difference in dealing with the desire/need to drink or use again. I made it through day 4 because of that insight. It's real, just pick one suggestion, follow it, then move on to the next. Really, truly, it helps. It won't fix you, but it helps!

Good night class!
Old 03-11-2016, 10:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Ugh. It drives me nuts and majorly triggers me when my husband comes home after having a few beers & is slurring his words. I've asked him not to & he still does.

I escaped to our room & slammed the door.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LostLilly View Post
Anxious, busy day coming to a close! Hope everyone had a great Friday! I wish I could just calm my crazy, racing brain down. Some people are so naturally mellow. I am jealous of such people!!!!

Lilly
Yeah, anxiety sucks. I try to do something calming when it hits, depending where I am I might listen to calming music, meditate, stretch, take deep breaths for a minute or just close my eyes and relax my body, especially those shoulders that keep creeping up to my ears 😬
Hope tomorrow will be less anxious! 😊
Old 03-11-2016, 10:44 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
I just want to reiterate something I posted yesterday, LISTEN and ACT on the advice here. It makes a huge difference in dealing with the desire/need to drink or use again. I made it through day 4 because of that insight. It's real, just pick one suggestion, follow it, then move on to the next. Really, truly, it helps. It won't fix you, but it helps!

Good night class!
Starting day 3 here, will try to keep myself busy. Thanks GN👍
Old 03-11-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Ugh. It drives me nuts and majorly triggers me when my husband comes home after having a few beers & is slurring his words. I've asked him not to & he still does.

I escaped to our room & slammed the door.
KiKi, hang in there!!
Old 03-11-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

You were doing well Kiki and then you got a little derailed. What do you think you need to do to get back on track?

D
Old 03-11-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good morning class ☕️

Hope everyone wakes up today w/o hangover. I slept 2.5 h last night and look totally hungover 😂

Oh well, day 3 starting, it's Saturday and I'm not going to drink today.

Keep calm & QUIT ON (Incontrol, it's catchy &#128516
Old 03-11-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy your day Sumi

D
Old 03-11-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 4,
Good morning everyone. Feeling fine this morning. Although I woke at 3am Friday (yesterday) morning, I still couldn't sleep last night. I had cleaned the house for 3 hours after I got in from the government enforced "work" programme, trying to wear myself out....But 12am was still wide awake. I took some valerian and passion flower herbal sleep aids and slept for a full 6 hours...yey
The pattern of my binge drinking has become so I haven't gotton past 3 days for a long time, then off on another 2-4 day bender.
I can drink anything up to a 1/5th bottle of vodka on these. But not today, those days are gone. Feeling good and feeling strong.
Today starts the nutritional plan I have made for myself. Couldn't do it the last 3 days, just ate crap haha
Now is the time to start repairing the damage I have been doing to myself (in everyway).
My broccolli sprouts are grown, green smoothie for breakfast I think give my poor poisoned body some goodness. Although I would rather have a bacon and egg sarnie..fried haha
I am glad people are still succeeding, very heartening, and I do like the advice dished out here.
Onward and Upward!
Old 03-11-2016, 11:29 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Well Day 1 is over. It was pretty rough and I expect tonight will be unpleasant. Going hiking tomorrow. Some fresh air should feel good. Hoping these withdrawls will subside soon. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alaska290 View Post
Well Day 1 is over. It was pretty rough and I expect tonight will be unpleasant. Going hiking tomorrow. Some fresh air should feel good. Hoping these withdrawls will subside soon. Have a good weekend everyone.
Alaska
I find no day is as bad as day 1! At least it's over for you. Things might be unpleasant for the next couple of days, but I find they are never as unpleasant as day 1. Enjoy your hiking
Old 03-11-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Enjoy your day Sumi D
Thank you Dee, hope you do too! 😃
Old 03-12-2016, 12:07 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

"I can drink anything up to a 1/5th bottle of vodka on these."

Thats a day, I have a lot of repairing to do

I know what my next AV rhetoric will be in the next couple of days that I have to be careful of. It will be
"Well, drinking that much you will have done so much damage to your liver, heart, nervous system, that it will never repair, so whats the point in stopping it now after all this time?"
And I will say "Because even if I died next week, I don't want to end my days in a drunken stupor"
Old 03-12-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

We all start at the same place Lein - the beginning

D
Old 03-12-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I know Dee, but Im such a schizo, when I drink Im madly destructive to myself. When I don't I love studying nutrition and alternative health. That gets scary when I look at the devestation I must have wreaked on my body and mind.
For goodness sake, I won't even eat white sugar, bread or rice, don't touch processed foods when Ive been sober for a while...but Ill happily pour raw vodka down my neck for days at a time?
But as you say..we all have to start at the beginning, and thats all I can do now
Old 03-12-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

give yourself a little time to change, Lein - it'll happen

D