D
Old 03-06-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Enjoy your break
Old 03-06-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thanks Dee for the new thread

Loving the guitar talk...Thump...that must be so cool to wake up with a song in your head!

When I got sober I vowed to take up an new artistic endeavor and learning the guitar was at the top of the list. So far I've been too busy learning about my addiction and working on it to try anything new. Guitar lessons sound like a nice reward after more sober time-

Good to hear updates... Take care Jannies!
Old 03-06-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there, Just a quick check in as I haven't been coming on very much lately. Been really busy with work,kids,study and AA meetings. Need to start and make the time though.
Hope everyone is going well and ticking off those sober days. I am 8 weeks today which I find amazing in itself, considering the state I was in when I eventually decided to quit again. I've become aware lately that I am at risk of becoming complacent and letting my guard down which always ends up in me relapsing. I'm determined not to do that this time. My sponsor is worried that I may not have another recovery in me so I need to take that on board and stay on track.
It's a Public Holiday here today in Perth so I'm using the time to listen to my online lectures instead of the usual long drunken lunches that I would have usually done.
Anyway stay strong everyone. I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I will hopefully catch up with your posts soon.....
Lots of love and hugs xx
Old 03-06-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Great to hear from you Nic & congrats on your 8 weeks!!

Be sure to come here if you start feeling complacent---we'll kick your
b*tt and offer lots of support!

Seriously though -- very proud of you. Awesome job of staying Sober!
Old 03-06-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 weeks Nic, and great job on continuing with your education; sobriety and a degree will take you far in life! Don't stray too far from us, you are a Jannie, and once a Jannie, always a Jannie.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nic,

Great to hear you are doing well. Complacency has been my downfall in the past, I am glad you checked in!

I got sucked into "How to Get Away With Murder," on Netflix this weekend, has anyone else watched it? Definitely keeps you wanting to k ow what happens next!

Not quite ready for the work week to start, but Monday is looming. Have a great night everyone!!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 03-06-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Delilah! You sound so good. Hope you have a great work week-
Old 03-06-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Nic,

Great to hear you are doing well. Complacency has been my downfall in the past, I am glad you checked in!

I got sucked into "How to Get Away With Murder," on Netflix this weekend, has anyone else watched it? Definitely keeps you wanting to k ow what happens next!

Not quite ready for the work week to start, but Monday is looming. Have a great night everyone!!!

❤️ Delilah
My friend recommended I watch that show but I haven't got round to it just yet!! Might have to try and squeeze it in if I ever get a spare moment!!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Congratulations on 8 weeks Nic, and great job on continuing with your education; sobriety and a degree will take you far in life! Don't stray too far from us, you are a Jannie, and once a Jannie, always a Jannie.
Hey Odelle, I won't be going anywhere... I used to wrote huge essays on here which I'm sure I will get back to once things settle back with uni etc!! HAHA
I am only in my second week back at studying so still trying to manage my time (which is a downfall of mine to start with!!) and fit everything in! Plan on staying a Jannie x
Old 03-06-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Great to hear from you Nic & congrats on your 8 weeks!!

Be sure to come here if you start feeling complacent---we'll kick your
b*tt and offer lots of support!

Seriously though -- very proud of you. Awesome job of staying Sober!
Hey I will definitely make more effort to come here and get my butt kicked!!!! I need it sometimes when my mind starts to question just how bad my problem was!! It was bloody bad!!! I think that's the scary thing about recovery is that we start to feel so good again physically and emotionally that we forget how awful life was when we were drinking... Luckily I have my two boys to remind me!! lol xxx
Old 03-06-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just had my first experience of name-calling and abusive remarks on an unrelated forum - wow!
Thank you to the posters and moderators here who keep the atmosphere so respectful and supportive
Old 03-06-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hiya Nic, glad to see you -- way to go on eight weeks, that's marvelous.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
I just had my first experience of name-calling and abusive remarks on an unrelated forum - wow!
Thank you to the posters and moderators here who keep the atmosphere so respectful and supportive
Hey, you should see of the forums I've belonged to, they make a boxing match look like a group hug.

I love the fact that this forum has so many thoughtful members that the moderators don't appear the need to act in a heavy-handed manner, and I like that. It's well-run, but more than that, populated by a bunch of good people.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Hiya Nic, glad to see you -- way to go on eight weeks, that's marvelous.
Thanks so much Thumpa!

I've really missed chatting with all of you xx
Old 03-06-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations Nic. I noticed you've been posting on the 24 hr thread, so pleased you are Ok. You're 2 weeks ahead of Caramel and myself. You sound like one busy lady. Take care!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Congratulations Nic. I noticed you've been posting on the 24 hr thread, so pleased you are Ok. You're 2 weeks ahead of Caramel and myself. You sound like one busy lady. Take care!
Hi Sandy yes I have been trying to post on the 24 hour thread to stay accountable, and I find it a helpful way to start my day-committing to stay sober 24 hours at a time. Life is a bit hectic right now, but it always has been. I actually feel like I now have about an extra 5 hours each day now that I am not wiped out by 6pm daily!!! Trying to use it wisely!!! Hope you're going well xxx
Old 03-07-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Guitar

yep I like the guitar talk too.

Have a squire tele and ibanez bass

Bands to but long way back.

Van
Old 03-07-2016, 02:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

good morning... its day 50 for me, feeling good today but the weekends can be tough.. a good friend came over on Saturday and all i could think about was popping to the pub for a pint together as some kind of reward....really strange as he doesn't even like drink and we had never really done that....the demons really will try everything to get you back.

anyway, said friend is joining me on my sprint triathlon endeavour... started training over the weekend... i say training, my full session is probably most peoples warmup... but its a start

had a good read through of the last few days on here, you lot are amazing..
Old 03-07-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Hi there, Just a quick check in as I haven't been coming on very much lately. Been really busy with work,kids,study and AA meetings. Need to start and make the time though.
Hope everyone is going well and ticking off those sober days. I am 8 weeks today which I find amazing in itself, considering the state I was in when I eventually decided to quit again. I've become aware lately that I am at risk of becoming complacent and letting my guard down which always ends up in me relapsing. I'm determined not to do that this time.
Anyway stay strong everyone. I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I will hopefully catch up with your posts soon.....
Lots of love and hugs xx
Really miss you Nic!! Congrats on 8 weeks, you are amazing.
You ARE on track, keep up the good work. What can you do to avoid complacency this time?
hugs to you friend!