Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 7

Old 03-09-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Feeling really out of sorts today. My mood is so unstable and I can't help but wish I could drink this pain away. I won't even consider it but days like today make me realize why I used to drink so much. I am sitting in my misery and just praying I feel better tomorrow.

I sometimes wonder if I will ever be "normal". If I will ever be stable and mentally okay. I have struggled what feels like my entire life (depressed since 13) and I am just so over it. I want to feel better than this and I don't know how.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Ah, just remembered that the solar eclipse is tonight. That explains a lot. Hope everyone is feeling ok today!
Old 03-09-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sun - that moon thing always gets me. Used to really get me when younger. Always got in fights with boyfriend (now husband) then!

Sun - can u go back to that wonderful psychologist/psychiatrist/hypnotist yet by chance? Poo poo that foul mood!

Bandi - also been meaning to offer condolences. My sister is so different from me. I kinda avoid her and hope I don't regret it. She's older. You lucky to have had your sis as you know.

Dog gone. I'm doing a quick check in and forgetting stuff already !

One is not enough and ten never enough (or however that goes) is a song! I think Kenny Chesney and a great song.

I'll try to get back on later.

Oh I know. RedAlly (sp?). Your work schedule sounds like mine for 28 years same company. I did electrical design. We never turned down a project and we always took on way way too much. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. My aunt always said stress will kill ya!

And.... I've been thinking a lot about how intelligent ppl are on this site. Doesn't it just frost you that alcohol (drugs, cigs and such ) could get a hold of you like they do. Practically destroy your life and will if u don't stop. How dumb can we be. How gullible can we be about any of it being fun. Take heroin for example. I'd never ever even try it for fear of it. I'm too "smart" for that! Thank Goodness I drew the line at alcohol!! lol. That **** will kill ya too.

Hi Thump, Sandy, Caramel and everyone. Welcome Jack (I believe). Hate saying names cause I always forget some. Love EVERYONE'S posts. Don't mean to not address each one. That's just not me. Hi Odelle!

Take care. Carry on!

Olivia
Old 03-09-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Lol Olivia!! Thanks for the smile---love your post. I picture you as very energetic and always on the go- And thanks for your kind words. My sister was my best friend so we talked or were in touch almost every day. Sorry to hear about the dynamics with your sister-

(((Sunflower))) Sorry you're feeling so out of sorts. I keep reading here on SR that moods begin to level out a bit after 90 days sober. Alcohol is such a poison---perhaps your body & mind are still in early healing mode? Thinking about you and thanks for your kind words about my sister. I worked hard in my garden on that day....cleaning up the fall and winter debris and planning my flower beds and it really helped. My sis loved her garden so that was my way of honoring her, plus I played some of her fav songs and danced a bit-

Hey rally---good to hear from you!
Old 03-09-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hiya Jannies, it's a good day here in Hill Country, waking up clearheaded does me wonders for the entire day.

Sunny, sorry you're having a rough day of it, sweetie. Remember your Serenity Prayer and tot up your gratitudes, and never forget, we're here for you. (((Sunny)))
Old 03-09-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is well. Checking in on day 70 today have a great day everyone
Old 03-09-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 70! That's great Pedro. I've never been part of class celebrating 70 days. Well done!
Old 03-09-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Way to go, Pedro. That's great stuff there.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pedro1234 View Post
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is well. Checking in on day 70 today have a great day everyone
Nice work Pedro!! Keep doing what you're doing!
Old 03-09-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Bandi - my g'ma always said "they gonna have to put concrete on my grave when I die to keep me down"! Lol My girlfriend always called me "the get er done girl!" Yea, and how did I work ALCOHOLIC into this picture but I sure did! Sux but true. Not I'm trying to get out of this mess!

Hi Pedro - congrats big time on 70!

Hi Pedro, Mav, Dee, Delilah and any other Jannies!!!
Old 03-09-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vandermast View Post
congrats to milestoners, just checking in, dealing with that restlessness that comes with early recovery, you know where just for the day, things are in reality fine, however head says its not......hard to find peace sometimes. haven't drank so am successful. peace van
Hang in there Van. I can relate to the struggle to find peace but I do believe it's there. At this point maybe we should just cherish the small moments of clarity and serenity rather than expecting them to come in large amounts. And yes, you are successful and that is a beautiful thing!
Old 03-09-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RallyAly View Post
Hi everyone, quick check-in. Still alive, still, sober, still burning the candle at both ends for work projects. It's mainly one biggie that is due Friday. The subsequent one that was due March 31 had a deadline extension of 6 weeks so I will be back in the land of the living soon. I hope all are doing well or at least getting through. -Aly
Good to hear from you Aly- glad you are doing well and keeping busy, hope it's not too stressful for you.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Pedro and anyone hitting a milestone today, no matter what day

D
Old 03-09-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Thank you all for the well wishes, 60 days seems like such a long time when you are struggling to pull together 3 days in a row, yet it seems like such a short time in sober reality. The one lesson I’ve had to repeat numerous times is that the first drink has been and always will be my undoing. Somehow, I have to cement this in my mind so that when my AV tries to convince me otherwise, I will not falter. Hopefully, the engrained fear of where that one drink will lead will be enough of a force to prevent it from happening. That is a dark path I never want to venture down again.
That first drink was my downfall as well! Let's both keep the numbers moving in the right direction!
Old 03-09-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Pedro, congrats on 70 days!! Several of us will be right behind you tomorrow (MAV, Bandicoot, me, I know I am missing some...)

So grateful for, and proud of this group! Jannies Rock!! Carry on friends.:-)
Old 03-09-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

70 days already? Seems like 60 just yesterday! Congratulations Pedro, and Mav, Bandi, Delilah, and MeShelly!

Sunflower, I hope your blue day is short lived and that tomorrow finds you in better spirits!

I don't have much to write about today, so just a quick check in to wish you all a good day or night, wherever you may be.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the support and congrats to those that are following
Old 03-10-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

bandicoot - yes, thank you, all's well. My 'modestly successful' day yesterday just included some appointments and business that I was kind of expecting might strike hitches, but instead went smoothly and to my benefit. So I was pleased with myself, but didn't want to show off!
Sunflower - I hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you.
Well done, everyone: take care, best wishes.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for all the love, dear friends.

I am sure a lot of this crazy mood has to do with cutting out the Wellbutrin again. It was making me super angry but a side effect from stopping it does the same damn thing. When will I feel normal again, agh!

I have a playdate for Evan this morning with a lovely group of girls I have met- so nice to have friends here. DH is not happy at work- we moved from PA to FL in October for his job and it turns out it is a lot more work than expected (he is basically expected to fix a company that has no systems in place but was never told any of this from the get go.) I am sad for him but he is actively looking for new jobs and may have an interview in a town in south FL. The thought of moving yet again is killing me. I am happy where we are, the public schools are top notch and I am just making friends.

It feels like the only thing we can depend on in life is constant change. You know, when I was younger I remember crying myself to sleep at night and praying to God that things would just stay the same- it seems I have never been good at adapting to change.

Anyway, we will get through it no matter what happens in the future and at least with sobriety there will be no added guilt or shame to tag along in the journey.

Happy Thursday to those of you in the States and Happy Friday to anyone who is across the world- so cool to be connected to all of you!

Old 03-10-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post

Anyway, we will get through it no matter what happens in the future and at least with sobriety there will be no added guilt or shame to tag along in the journey.

^^^^^ Well said Sunflower!