Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 46

Old 03-06-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think we are all feeling that we could have done more with Josie, just as I think I could have done more with Sherri, but as we all know, nothing will work unless the person wants it to work and as DD said on Marchers letter thread ( which is awesome by the way) they have to be willing to do the work and do whatever it takes to help themselves.

I know in Sherri's case, I tried to get her to stop many times, I had her Baker Acted twice, both times I stopped in an effort to support her, Sadly for both of us the attempts never lasted, mine, maybe 6 weeks., Sherri, no more than 2 days.

According to the investigative report, her fiancée had told her they wouldn't get married until she could control her drinking.

Her kids told me that they rarely saw or talked to her because of her drinking and prescription abuse and they told her that.

So if two failed marriages, a crumbling engagement, estrangement from her children and family and loss of many jobs wasn't enough to encourage her to work harder, nothing would. I'm sure Josie went through quite a bit of the same.

I have talked with a few of her family that don't understand addiction and were wondering why she just couldn't quit, I believe that because of my addiction and recovery that I was able to make them understand a little of what she was going through and while they were mad with her, I told them to hate the disease not the player. I can only hope that that helped them.

Now onto Buddworld,
Work is still really confusing, we keep getting told we aren't making production, yet we have been only working 4 day weeks because they cant keep us supplied in parts, so I guess if we were hitting production numbers we would only be working 3 days a week. In fact we have tomorrow off.

My refrigerator conked out on me the other day, the rental office sent a guy to look at it, he said he'd have to strip parts from another fridge and fix mine. I called the office and offered to buy my own and when I leave I'll just take it with me, It took about 10 minutes of convincing her that this was a win-win for both of us. I get a unit I like and they don't have to worry about fixing the old one right away. I get my new fridge tomorrow. ( if I find a good sale on stoves, the one here may have an unfortunate incident!)

Jezz and Max are doing well, I really need to find an area where I can let Jezz off the leash though.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!
Old 03-07-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!!
I too went back and read the first posts of March and when I got to Josie I had to stop but, not till I read my first posts. Josie and I would e-mail back and forth even from my work e-mail---I do miss her.
But some things just don't change---I'm going to tell you what just happened to me last night. Ugh
My husband was taking a shower and for NO REASON !@#$%
I went and opened his whiskey bottle and took the lid off and put it to my lips---and then ( I smiled to myself) and put that dam lid back on and put the bottle back. Goll darn it---I did it ! ! ! I was that close--- there-----I just had to tell you----whew---I really think that was a accomplishment or achievement--it doesn't matter I did the right thing. I'm just happy to be here today and to tell you about it with a positive thought. thanks for listening.
Have a great day everyone. and big hugs to all of you.
Babs
Old 03-07-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Budd--loved your post.
Babs
Old 03-07-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That is great, Babs.

Budd, I'm very sorry about Sherri. It sounds like you gave her your very best.

I gave my best to Josie, too. Who knows? Maybe ultimately it wasn't much good, but it was the very best I had at the time. I'm sure it's the same for all of us.

Congratulations, North and DD!

Sorry about the sponsee, Wehav.

Hi, Trach!
Old 03-07-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh, and hi, Dee!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Babs, that sounds like it was uncomfortably close. I'm glad it ended up ok but have you thought about whether you may need to up your game? Very close calls can be a signal that you have more work to do to continue in your recovery. Have you talked with an addiction counselor?
Old 03-07-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Babs, o agree with Sass

Hi Gilmer great to see you
Old 03-07-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

thanks Gilmer

Babs
Old 03-07-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Great to see you, Gilmer!

Ken, thanks for your post, and thanks to everyone who posted about Josie. It’s good to read your thoughts.

Babs, I am proud of you for not drinking. It sounds like a very close call. We’ve always had liquor in the house since I stopped drinking (my husband likes cocktails on the weekends) and I had to develop some strategies, like skipping the drinking part and going directly to imagining the hangover and shame in very concrete sensory detail.

Big love from the North land!

Old 03-07-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support guys
Babs
Old 03-07-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey, Gilmer!

Way to go, Babs.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Me three Babs that was too close a call for comfort, did you tell hubby what you did? When I first quit, hubby hid all the booze and didn't drink in front of me for a good few months, actually until I was ready and felt strong enough to insist he continue his normal life. Perhaps you could ask hubby to hide his bottles that way your temptation is greatly reduced. I am so happy that you didn't give in to your nasty AV, but it was a close run thing,month something you want to feel the urge to repeat. X

Gilmer, good to see you!

I've had to produce more samples ( production not such a problem, collecting them.... Not so pleasant!) and more bloods Thursday. It's been five weeks so far.

I have just finished book number four! Still have to complete spell & grammar check, final editing, book cover and formatting before getting it online but will be updating my FB ( or Annie Campbell's!!) and website with trailers. I also have the male lead of book five yipping in my ear so no peace for this wicked woman!

Budd sounds like your company needs my husband, his job is to streamline production, ensuring dthat there is no stockpiling or running out of supplies necessary for smooth production. So often it is a case of poor management of the production line, the factory manager needs a boot up his butt!

North, love the photo, real 'loony dookers' !!

Hugs all x
Old 03-08-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Heya Marchers

Three years and two days ago I was terrified. I was hungover, I was scared , I was shaking from nerves when I registered here at SR. Even typing in a screen name shook me to my core, what would I call myself? It was March so Marcher seemed a fair thing, along with 13 for the year.

I didn't know what to do but I figured out that I should go to the Class of March 2013 , you took me in (North you posted when I was scared) and you became some of the best friends of my life. I owe all of you so much my Marchers (Dee you are one of us of course).

The first year soberversary was awesome because it measured the year which spoke of an achievement, the second reinforced it. Today is a pinnacle. Today I know I will be sober for the rest of my life. There is simply no reason for me to ever consider drinking again because it is nothing in the face of what I have.

I'm sure of this. I'm not complacent, this is something I know within myself. Because you raised me up to more than I can be.

My love to you all.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 years Marcher (you too BuddinK)

D
Old 03-08-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS MARCHER !!!!
hugs
Babs
Old 03-08-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Huge congratulations to Marcher and Budd
Old 03-08-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Budd---a big hug to you too !!!Congratulations
Babs
Old 03-08-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Four hours to go for Ken.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

th9OG1WC7T.jpgA couple of weeks ago, I saw this picture online. For some reason I couldn't figure out then, I was really drawn to it. I looked it up and found where I could buy it.

Its been hanging above a chair in my apartment since I got it.

Today I finally figured out why I felt so attached to it.

I remember Marcher sending pictures of roses to us on special occasions. This picture reminds me of her and that I will always have a sister with me everyday. Congratulations Marcher 13 on 3 years , I am proud and honored to share this day as your sober twin!!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 11:56 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Good job, you two.