Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-04-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I have a lot of stuff planned around the house. I really let the yard deteriorate as I became semi functional, and then nonfunctional when I was drinking heavily. The hurdle tomorrow will be to work outside without drinking. I really can't remember a time when I didn't have a beer, or even vodka going, when mowing or doing yardwork.
Those old habits die hard. So do we though. You can do it! Make sure to fire up some loud music!
Old 03-04-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Those old habits die hard. So do we though. You can do it! Make sure to fire up some loud music!
You totally get me! Zep and Van Halen
Old 03-04-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Nice love the classic rock too!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Signing out for the night class. Everyone have a safe and sober weekend. Three weeks sober today and feeling good. I hope my classmates are feeling good too? If not it is coming soon and its worth every penny....
Old 03-04-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Goodnight wonderdoodles!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Can't sleep. .... lamesauce.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Morning all! No time to catch up on posts, gotta run. My sponsor does not live close by. I have to get two buses, woe is me! Catch you all later.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
I'm leaving town for the night and for tomorrow. I can't get mobile Internet where I'm going, so catch up with yall tomorrow night. All the best class.
Nice use of "yall." Yall gonna become an honorary yank if you keep it up.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:26 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Morning all! No time to catch up on posts, gotta run. My sponsor does not live close by. I have to get two buses, woe is me! Catch you all later.
You see the sponsor in person, or is that just for the introductory period?

This is an eclipse period for me. I feel like an astronaut going around the dark side of the moon where they lose contact with everyone for eight hours. I'm feeling confident, but it would be easy to relapse because I'm home alone until Sunday or Monday, no one is coming by, so no one would know if I drank. I've thought about it.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
Signing out for the night class. Everyone have a safe and sober weekend. Three weeks sober today and feeling good. I hope my classmates are feeling good too? If not it is coming soon and its worth every penny....
Congrats on three weeks, Jimmy.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:11 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
Nice job on three weeks keep it up!!!
Old 03-05-2016, 01:12 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

You see the sponsor in person, or is that just for the introductory period?

This is an eclipse period for me. I feel like an astronaut going around the dark side of the moon where they lose contact with everyone for eight hours. I'm feeling confident, but it would be easy to relapse because I'm home alone until Sunday or Monday, no one is coming by, so no one would know if I drank. I've thought about it.
YOU would know about it! That's all that matters brother, stay strong!
Old 03-05-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

'Noone would know' is your AV playing with you.
You would know - and in that sense you're the most important person in the world.

Re-read some old posts OOTT...remind yourself of the reality and remind yourself of where that sneaky drink/s could lead you.

As for dark side of the moon - nah. The forums always full with people from this time forwards.

If you're not getting responses here, make a post in the main forum, drop in on another month or join the Under One Year thread

D
Old 03-05-2016, 01:50 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

thanks Dee and Jobei. They stop selling alcohol in ten minutes on the US west coast, so I'll be okay for tonight. I'm not leaving the house. I'm still suffering from bad sleep patterns. I slept earlier but unfortunately I'm awake now.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Back at day 1. Drank a few glasses of wine on Thu evening after 4 weeks sober then drank to the point of having no recollection yesterday. Feelindg sad. Hope you'll still have me. Determined to pick myself up and start again.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:20 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hey 5onic, as long as you're posting, that's the important thing. I'm right at four weeks. That seems to be a danger point. You start to relax and feel like you're an experienced old hand at sobriety, and then slip. I guess that's where I am right now too.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Yep, to the point of obsession. We moved to a smaller house with MUCH more land [and better school district]. I think much of the reason was my husband's guilt for what he put me through. Problem is, I'm kind of way over my head [going to hire some weeding help], and I CANNOT CANNOT stand my neighbors. At some point I will write more about that, but it's horrific. Cops have been called over disputes. They are all alcoholics, with lots of guns. Well, I've managed to sink to their level, haven't I? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? [sarcasm alert] I grow a lot of Aussie and S. African plants. The hummingbirds love them, and they don't need much water. Banksias are my latest thing, and I've been growing Grevilleas for quite a while. There is a new manager at a local public garden, from Australia, and he is now propagating and selling Oz native plants like mad. For me, he's like a drug pusher! LOL edit: I also feed the birds! I also get raccoons, skunks, foxes, opossums, coyotes, deer [dam deer!! But they don't like to eat most Aussie plants ] … Those are my favorite! -former Girl Scout, who actually went door to door rather than set up shop in front of a shop.
Wow I will have to pick your brain about my garden lol. I am basically a beginner gardener but I am enjoying it so much! We are on an acre (not sure what that is in your measurements) but there is quite a lot of maintenance. My plan for tomorrow is to prune my wisteria
Old 03-05-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
--" I have weighed myself and I've really only lost about 1 pound lol. I'm trying not to be too disappointed but I thought I might have Lost a little bit more. I have been eating like an absolute pig though, I guess to reward myself for not drinking. I think I look better in the face but no one around me has noticed. Anyone else ?" I look WORSE. I wouldn't post about it if it weren't bothering me so much. I've gained 13 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks (since getting sober--now I'm only on Day 10 due to a relapse). My face is fatter!! No one has noticed because I don't see anyone except recovery people, who didn't know me 13 pounds ago. I eat gummies (no fat), but I seriously eat healthy otherwise. I drank so much alcohol every night, enough to usually black out. Then I would eat crap food in the early morning hours. I did eat less at meals or no meals, but all those other calories!?! It has to be less than what I'm getting now. This has caused me to drink in past sober attempts--but it was only 5 pounds then, and it came off around 6 weeks. Plus my face looked great and got thinner right away. I've gained so much more this time and don't know what the hell is going on. I'm on a new anti-depressant. Maybe that's it. But I can't go off it. And at the end of this month, I'll be seeing a whole lot of people I haven't seen in 10+ years. Rrrrrrrgggggghh. None of my jeans fit. Sorry to complain. It is so frustrating; it makes me want to give up. But not for today. Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight.

Oh gosh I'm sorry, I feel bad now for bringing it up and whinging. Is your AD zoloft by any chance? x
Old 03-05-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
You don't want to know,,believe me! At least I'm sober now. I'm OK thanks. You seem really strong in your recovery, that's fantastic, good for you. Long may it last.
I do want to know so that I can support you better Xx
Old 03-05-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

You see the sponsor in person, or is that just for the introductory period? This is an eclipse period for me. I feel like an astronaut going around the dark side of the moon where they lose contact with everyone for eight hours. I'm feeling confident, but it would be easy to relapse because I'm home alone until Sunday or Monday, no one is coming by, so no one would know if I drank. I've thought about it.
I'm here and I will know if you drink and I will be disappointed. What day are you on?